An Arrow to My Chest

Who Was Forced to Live in Exile

I wake and immediately open my eyes. I glance around the room. The sun is sneaking past the corners of the burlap – causing bright, yellow lines to stretch across the floor.

I shut my eyes again and take in a deep breath trough my nose. The point of this is to get a fresh breath of air, but instead a horrible stench enters my nose. I wrinkle up my nose.
It smells rotten. Like old, rotten cheese. No, it’s worse than that! It’s indescribably bad! Horrible! Horrendous!

I turn my head to see Gerard lying on his side – his back arched forward because of the way he’s been tied to the tree trunk.

The smell keep entering my nose. I take a deep breath and hold it in, before I get up and move closer to the rich fucker.

Carefully I open my nostril – breathing in a short, quick breath. I cough, and almost gag. Holy motherfucking crap of a turtle on mushrooms! Shit that smells! He smells! Stinks! Did a skunk get up here last night?

I hold my breath again, before I kick his side. He opens his eyes immediately, pulls a face that resembles one of pain and looks up at me.

“You fucking reek!” My voice is nasal, since my nose is blocked. I dare not to open it back up until I’m at least four feet away from him!

He bows his head, places his nose near his chest and sniffs once. He pulls away quickly – his face obviously showing he agrees with me.

“I’ll take you to the stream,” I say, before I crouch down next to him. He looks up at me and frowns – looking suspicious. I frown back – looking angry. I hope.

I pull my knife out of my sheath and cut the rope that holds his feet and hands together. His limps fall to the floor with four loud thuds. He groans.

“Shut up and get up!” I get up myself and walk out of my room. I immediately take in a deep breath. Ah! Fresh air! I stretch my arms over my head – letting my hands meet. I hold my hands together, before I drop my arms forward and bend over – stretching my back, my legs and my butt. At least I think I’m able to stretch my butt. Can you stretch your butt? Do you have a butt-muscle your can stretch?

“Uh,” I hear behind me. The noise is short and hesitant, but it startles me slightly. I stand up straight and turn around. Gerard’s staring me straight in the eye, and again I startle a little. He’s actually quite close. Really close, actually…

“Let’s get moving,” I choke out, but fucking hope it sounded like confidence in his ears. After all, I’m the one who’s supposed to be wearing the pants! And yes, pants! Not tights!

I turn and walk towards the rope. Quickly I gather my confidence and cockiness – two vital things to have if you want to survive in exile. I, of course, master these.

“Wait.” I turn around and glare at Gerard. He’s frowning.

“Could you untie my ankles?” I look at him as if he is completely mad. Insane. He sure thinks highly of himself – and lowly of me. I’m insulted. And he catches this.

“Just a tad. So I can walk instead of hump.” I will my brain not to complete the obvious thought – which of course comes with an attached picture.

I growl in annoyance, before I bend down and untie the ropes around his ankles. I then retie them, so that there is a bit of loose rope between them. It’s still tied tightly around his ankles, though. I pull out my knife.

“If you try anything – anything at all – I will not hesitate in putting this knife in your back!” I snarl. He nods.

“And in case you decide to run,” I say as I put my knife back in its sheath. I reach a hand in behind the burlap-curtain and grab my case.

“I will not hesitate to shoot you.” I throw my case containing arrows and a bow over my shoulder. I’m quite proud of my case. I made it myself out of the trunk of a small tree. I hollowed it, but made sure I not to hollow it all the way through, so that it had a bottom.

Gerard nods, and I walk over to the rope and slide down. He soon follows. I’m about to take his arms to make sure he doesn’t run, when his smell suddenly hits my nose again. I reach behind me and grab an arrow. I press the tip of it to Gerard’s back.

“Move,” I say, as I poke him. This way, I can at least stay about a foot behind him if I stretch my arm. I thank the druids that the wind is in my back.

As he walks, I look up at the tree tops. I spot a little bird. It leaps off the branch it’s on and falls like an arrow through the air – down and down. Just before it hits the ground, it spreads its wings and flies off – crossing in front of us. I try to follow its way, but on the way my eyes catch Gerard’s ass. Dammit… Dammit!

I look back up. Just keep looking up. Or to my sides. Or ahead over his gorgeous hair. Okay, up and to the sides. Yep, just up and to the sides. Not down. Not ahead. Not that way. Not this way. Or this way.

My arm slowly falls – the tip of the arrow running down Gerard’s back. It reaches his lower back. Shit! Fuck!

I move it back up in one swift move and pokes it into his back – between his shoulder blades. Fucking cuteass fucker!

We walk up a small slope, and on the other side the fresh stream appears. I sigh at the beauty.

Gerard stops slowly, and so do I. I smirk.

“Get in!” I poke the arrow into his back, and he arches away from it slightly. Then he walks forward – down the slope and into the water. I put the arrow back in the case and follow Gerard down the slope. I stop near the water, drop the case in the grass and slowly start to undress. I keep a strict eye on Gerard as he slowly walks further and further into the water – more and more covering his reeking body.

I take off all of my clothes except my underwear and belt. I take my knife with me into the water. I feel the cool – but not cold – water swirl around my shins. And no, I’m not wearing long-Jon’s! Urgh… Why do they have to have that name?

No, I’m not wearing long-Frank’s! Hm, that name suits better!

And why? Because it’s fucking spring! Sure, we wear them during the cold and harsh winter, but once the sun starts heating up the country – and especially the forest – we trade them in for short ones.

I can’t help but let my eyes slide shut as I crouch down and let the water cover me up to my neck. I tilt my head back – dipping my hair in – and I can’t help but open my mouth and gasp. I love this stream. It’s so soothing and refreshing. It calms me down. Relieves me from all my stress. Stepping into this water is like getting an orgasm – you’re muscles just let go.

I lift my head and open my eyes. I spot Gerard – standing in the middle of the stream. He’s taken his shirt off, and his chest is glistening in the sun. He’s staring. And he’s not stopping. His mouth is slightly open, and he looks like a dumbass fish.

I raise my eyebrows at him, but he just keeps staring. I roll my eyes, before I get back up and walk towards him. He gulps. I just sigh and tread through the water towards him.

When I’m in front of him, I bend down and stick my hand in the water – actually my entire arm. I reach to the bottom and pick up a soft rock. I pull it out of the water, and hold the green thing towards Gerard. He finally breaks his stare and frowns down at the rock.

“Use it to scrub yourself,” I say as I nudge it towards him. He just looks up at me – a disgusted look on his face. I roll my eyes.

“Trust me, it works!” I take a hold of his arm and start rubbing the green rock over his skin. Out of the corner of my eye I can see him wrinkle his nose, but I ignore his annoying rich-guy-attitude.

I start scrubbing up his arm and onto his shoulder. He’s still wrinkling his nose.

I scrub down onto his chest, then his stomach. I swallow a lump in my throat before I move on to his other arm. Am I getting sick? I can’t get sick. Robin Hood can’t just take a sick day from his job – from his life.

I finish his arm and walk behind him to scrub his back. I swallow again, but this time it doesn’t help. I gulp.

I wash his lower back, and I can’t help but to look at his ass again. Damn that ass! It’s so perfect and round and firm and wet and… I stop my actions.

“You get the idea!” I stick the rock out for Gerard to take. He slowly sighs, before he takes the rock with both his tied-up hands. I close my eyes when I feel his fingers grace over mine. Oh shit! I’m in deep waters here! No, seriously! No pun! I am! I’m drowning in… him. No! Fuck! Shit! I can’t fall for a rich guy! He’s… rich!!

I walk away from him a bit – my back to him – and dip my head under water. The bubbles of my breath dances up my skin to the surface. I open my eyes, and realize that I’ve turned around without noticing it. I can faintly see Gerard’s legs through the water. I feel out of breath. Oh, shit! I am!

I quickly stand up again and cough to get the water out of my lungs. Fuck! I bend over and cough more.

“You o-“ is all I hear him say, before I cough one last and thorough time. I take in a deep breath, before I look up at him. He’s wet all over – even his black hair is wet, which makes it look even blacker.

“Yeah,” I croak out, before I cough one last time. I clear my throat.

“You sure?” he asks and turns towards me. His pants are soaked, and I can see every-fucking-thing! Extremely clearly. I swallow.

“Yeah,” I choke out in a high pitched voice. I can see him nod, but I can’t take my eyes off of…Little him. Little Gerard.

Gerard returns to washing himself scrupulous with the green rock. I stare as his wet hair falls in locks down – covering his face. Shit! I’m falling for him. I’m falling for a good guy. I can’t fall for a good guy. I can’t fucking fall for a friend of Prince Jon! But… But… I can’t stop.