An Arrow to My Chest

And Though He Tried to Deny It

We lie on the grass as we wait for Gerard’s clothes to dry. It mightn’t have been the smartest thing to send him into the water with everything on, but at least they got washed as well. After all, he smelled – a lot! Trust me; it’s worse than a skunk on a hot summer day. And that is bad!

I’m lying with my hands folded behind my head, as the sun shines down. I can feel it burn on my stomach and chest. I can’t help but smile. This is nice. Just lying, undisturbed, with the sun shining down – warming my body to just the perfect temperature.

Yet, even though I’m enjoying the sun to the full, I still can’t help but steal small, short glances of Gerard. He’s lying on his back with one arm behind his head, the other following down his side until the elbow, where his arm bends up so that his hand is resting on his stomach – his lower stomach. Oh, it is dangerously low. Below his navel, and that says a lot!

I tear my eyes away from his hand and look up at his hair.

“How do you dye your hair?” I ask – forcing my brain not to continue onto the thought of how good and soft… Okay, I try to stop my brain from thinking that…

Gerard turns his head and leans his face in his own hand. Gosh, I wish that was my hand… Okay, I really gotta stop having these thoughts!

“Want me to dye yours?” He smirks. Oh that smirk! Those lips… He’s so fucking cocky! Asshole!

“I want you to tell me how you do it…” I try to regain control and dominance, but yeah… Gerard’s got that…

“I use ink.” I frown.

“Ink?”

“Yeah! You know.” He removes his hand from his – lower – stomach and waves it around in the air.

“The stuff you write with.” His hand does nothing but wave around. I don’t get why he does it…

“I know what ink is!” I’m a little offended, but also disappointed. How will I get ink? The only place we could get it from would be the local newspaper, and they sure as hell know my face better than their own!

“But we can’t get any,” I say low and lay my head back down as I close my eyes. I’m really disappointed right now. Now I’ll never get black hair…

“You can just make it yourself.” I frown before I even open my eyes. Then I look over at him. He’s smiling. Oh, how cu-

“Huh?” I cut my own mind off.

“Yeah!” Gerard says enthusiastically, before he sits up and looks down at me.

“All you need is these certain kind of tall mushrooms. But they don’t come up before summertime.” I can feel my shoulders drop with disappointment again.

“But then there are acorns!” And there it is again: the excitement. The joy. The smile on my lips. And his…

“You just need to get some acorns and wrap them up with something out of iron, and then leave it to soak in some water for a few days!” Okay… Iron… Where the fuck will I get that?

“There might not be acorns on the trees yet, but there might be some squirrels that have some left over from the winter.” I raise my eyebrows. I’m not really that comfortable stealing food from a squirrel. I mean, sure; stealing money from the rich is fair and cool enough, but stealing food from helpless little animals: I don’t know…

But oh well. Robin Hood with black hair: Way cool! That would so give me way more credit in the newspapers! I’d look a hell of a lot more bad-ass!!

I stand.

“Okay!” I say, before I turn around and look down at Gerard.

“Let’s go steal from some squirrels!” Gerard doesn’t really look as enthusiastic. He just stares up at me. He gulps.

“Uh, sure,” I says as he squirms around in the grass a bit.

“I just-“ Okay… What happened to full sentences? Oh… Oh, I see. Yep! Gerard’s short-Gerards are soo not hiding anything – even if they are an awesome shade of black… Yup, that’s a tent.

“Oh, I see. Uhm…” Okay, this is awkward. I know what it’s like to suddenly get turned on, but fuck! We just talked about acorns! And squirrels! How weird is this guy??

But hey, then again. He hasn’t been alone for a while to… I at least got to go behind the water fall the other day when I was down here. And nope, I aighn’t saying why I was back there!

“We have that water fall over there.” I turn around and point. It’s a very small ‘water fall’, but it water that’s falling. Ergo, it must be a water fall! Size doesn’t matter!

“We go behind there when we… Yeah… You know.” I look down. But not at him. More like at his feet. And my own. And, uhm, ups. My white short-Franks are completely see-through! Seriously! I might as well take them off! It’s a little embarrassing. But hey, I’m not the one who’s hard here! He-

Oh! Is he- Because… I…

“I’ll just go… Then…” Gerard gets up and swiftly gets into the water. He walks through the water, climbs up onto the rocks and walks over behind the water fall.

And since the water fall isn’t very big, it isn’t a whole lot of water that actually falls. You can see through it. I can-

And that’s why I can see Gerard perfect silhouette through the water. I can see him free his ‘little Gerard’ and start pumping.

And that’s why I walk behind a near-by tree – still looking at him – and free my own ‘little-Ger-‘ I mean, ‘little-Frank’ and start pumping. I keep staring at Gerard’s silhouette. Oh shit!

I would tell you about each and every twist and turn I made with my wrist, hand and thumb, but I’m a little too busy staring at Gerard’s perfect silhouette as his hand moves faster than mine.

He comes before me. Luckily though, he stand still – enjoying his release – long enough for me to magically turn some of the green grass white. Oh shit! Oh fuck! Oh crap!

Why am I in love?