Forced to Love

Chapter 8

The rest of the day passed rather slowly.
Nathaniel had several meetings, so he could not spend the afternoon with Annabell. Tired of the lonely bedchamber, she decided to explore the castle. It was really big, and she had only seen a few of the many hundred rooms.
She had only just entered a big rather empty room close by the entrance hall, when a loud voice behind her made her flinch.

“What are you doing here?” Annabell saw Nathaniel enter the room from another door. She started to laugh. “Don’t worry, I am just exploring...” But she stopped in the middle of the sentence as she saw Nathaniel’s stern face.

“Annabell, do not wander around in this halls. Let me take you to the library. You can stay there undisturbed.”
As he said this, a man, obviously a messenger entered the room through a third door leading to the outside.

“My Lord! There is news from the north!” This one shouted.

“Yes! Quiet!” Nathaniel snapped. ”I’ll talk with you in just a moment.” Nathaniel turned around and grabbed Annabell’s arm. ”Come with me Annabell, I’ll show you to the library.”

As soon as the door had closed behind them, Annabell could not restrain her curiosity. “What was all that about Nathaniel?” She asked, trying to sound unintrested.

”It was nothing Annabell. Don’t think about it. Now, here is the library.” He opened a door, and Annabell could not restrain her gasp as she entered the most beautiful and no doubt well held library she had ever seen.

“Nathaniel! This is beautiful!” She whispered as she let a hand slide over one of the bookshelves. The exquisite carvings were the most beautiful sight she had ever beheld. The colours were kept in read and a wooden brown colour. And the size! The room was enormous!
She turned around to compliment Nathaniel with this amazing room, but discovered that he had already left her without a word.

What was all that about? She thought as she searched the bookshelves for one of her favourite authors. News from the north? Her head was full of questions as she snuggled down in a big soft sofa close by the fireplace.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the super-short chapter! it is almost embarrassing, but it seemed like a nice place to stop. I do promise to post another chapter during the weekend, and it will be longer, and hopefully it will be a good chapter. My friend Crew, has ordered me to write a kick ass chapter, so no expectations then...;P