The Hardest Part Is Letting Go of Your Dreams

Only For A Moment

*Gerards POV*

I trying to nonchalantly wipe the tears off my face. But i still kept running. Not long after I slowed down and everything came crashing down so hard that my knees gave way. I leaned on whatever was near. It must have been living because I heard a tiny scream but only lasted about a minuet. Opps! (I did it again, couldn't resist!)

"Hey. I'm Jayda. You kind of ran me over," she said with a little laugh. She had a pretty laugh.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry, I didn't even realise-" but she cut me off before I could finish.

"No big deal. You're only human. Aren't you?" she asked, smiling. She has a pretty smile too.

"Yes, I'm human," I replied smiling a little too. "Oh, God, sorry, I'm Gerard by the way." I held out my hand and she gave it a firm shake.

"Good grip," I said. I noticed she was all wet on one side. I realised I'd pushed her into a puddle.

"Oh, God, you're all wet! I pushed you into a puddle! I'm such an ass!" Yep, I am an ass. For thinking Frank ever had the same feelings about me. My rememberence of why I'd been running must've caused a look on my face because Jayda said, "Are you okay? And ypu aren't an ass. You seem like a good guy. But, really, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I knew she didn't believe me but she let it slide. Anyway, I just met her like three minutes ago, it wasn't her buiseness what was wrong with me.

"Look if you wanna get dried off, my bus is only about thirty minutes away," I said, changing the subject.

"Well, seeing as my house is about an hour away, why not? Wait, bus? Why are you living in a bus?"

"Well, I'm in a band that's here for Warped Tour." Great, she's forced me to tell her I'm in a band. Now she's gonna start treating me differently, they always do.......... But she didn't.

"Really? Which one?" she asked in a curious tone. It wasn't like the ' Ooohhhh, which one?' followed ny giggles that we usually got. It was normal.

"Our name's My Chemical Romance"

"Oh, yeah, I saw you guys on TV a couple days ago. You were pretty good," she said. It still wasn't the same one we ALWAYS get, and I was grateful.

"Well, thank you." I looked into her eyes. They were jade green, probably where she got her name. I'd never met someone with pretty green eyes in that shade.

We walked along in comfortable silence for a while.

I saw her peering into trees, looking for birds I guess.

"You like animals?" I asked.

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"You're looking for birds," I said as if that explained everything, which it kinda did.

"Oh, yeah." She looked at the ground letting her long dark hair hide her face.

"Do you like animals?" she asked still watching her feet move as they walked. I do that a lot too.

"Yeah, I do. "

"Really, what else do you like?" 'She's good at starting conversation,' I noted.

"Music, first of all. I love drawing and stuff. I guess I like to stand up for what I believe in as well."

"Yeah, I could tell you like having your own opinion. From watching the show on TV," she added to my confused look. "You told the crowd not to take anyone's shit and fight for what's right," she looked straight ahead as she said this.

"We're almost there," I said. We were indeed almost there. I could see the top of Zanda's bus. Zanda.... I should be happy for them, I mean they were in eachother's dreams for Christ's sake! I'm happy for them. Aren't I? No. She'd taken away my Frankie, my life. Hell, I might even quit the band. How could I stand being around the guy I love 24/7 without being able to have him?

I could feel Jayda's eyes watching me. I tried to change any sad, angry, or hurt expression on my face into a thinking face, anything to hide my feelings.

"Here we are," I said. I was glad for an exuse to change the subject.

"Wait, hang on." I put out a hand to stop her as I knocked on the door.

"What? Have you found her?" came Jazz's anxious tone from behind the door. She opened it and let us in. Her clothes were slightly crinkled and out of line. I looked over at Ray. His 'fro was even messier than usual. I raised an accusing eyebrow at him. He smirked back.

"This is Jayda," I said letting her in. "I sorta bumped-well ran her over and into a puddle in the park. I invited her here so she could dry off.

"Oh. Bathroom's that way," Ray said, pointing to the left part of our bus.

"Thanks."

As soon as she shut the bathroom door, Ray said, "How'd you run her into a puddle?"

"Rather not say," I said and he dropped it.

"So.... how have your guys been handling the suspence?"

They looked at eachother. "Rather not say," they said together.

"Fair enough." Just then the door opened and Keel, Tay, Mikey, Bob, Frank, and Zanda came in, holding Frank's hand. The hand that was supposed to be mine.

"Oh my God!" Jazz shrieked as she hugged Zanda. Ray hugged her as well, then said:

"Guess what?"

"What?" we all said.

"You aren't allowed to say 'what'," he said as he pointed at me.

"Okay," I said.

"What do you want to tell us, Ray?" asked Bob.

"Gerard brought back a girl!" he said exitedly.

They all had smiles on their faces but only if they knew...

*Franks POV*
My heart sank. That was suppose to be me walking to the tour bus with Gerard not some... some girl. Before I sould go on talking to myself inside my head a voice broke into my thoughts.

"You just kissed the girl of your dreams, you were thinking of telling her that you love her, what's your problem"

I wanted to argue with that little voice but I hade to put on a fake smile and Frank came out while I tucked Frankie back away for awhile.

Later that night everyone went home except... Jayda. I hate that name now. anyways Jayda is staying with FX since it was dark out and she lives an hour away. I went to bed early and only minuets later Gerard came back to the bunk area.

"Gerard" I said trying to find the words to say 'what the fuck do you think you're doing, Who the hell is this girl' nicley but instead I said "Why weren't you with the guys. Ray said you went with them to find Zanda and I"

He thought for a second. I thought I saw sadness in his eyes and if there was it was gone in a flash.

"I... uh... accedentaly push Jayda into a puddle and she needed to clean up so I brought her back here" He said, not looking at me.

That made me feel better but only for a moment.