The Hardest Part Is Letting Go of Your Dreams

One Week Later...

* Frank's POV *
Today's the day. The day Gerard and I tell the others about being together. It's the day before tour ends as well, but that's not worrying me like it should be. We've managed to keep it a secret for more than a week, but that's not how we want it to be. We talked last night and that's what we decided.

But that's later. When everyone else is actually awake. Right now it's 11:00am and I'm laying here, awake, above Zanda, staring at the top of the bus. I have the urge to read a book. Hmm... Jayda's got a book!

I climbed quietly out of my bunk, using Zanda's to get down. Damn it! I hate being this short! But I love the top bunk.

I managed to get down without killing or waking anyone. We were getting to sleep in a bit. We'd been getting up at the ass-crack of dawn the past week. Today though, we (well, obviously not me) got to sleep till noon.

I stole Jayda's book right from under her hand as she slept. I'd never not seen her green eyes except when she blinked and stuff. It was kind of weird.... I clambered back up into my bunk without stepping on Zanda or anything. If it was Mikey, he would've waken up in a heart beat. But he's out in the living room since Gerard was out there last night.

Heart-Shaped Box. Cool. I started reading and found it was really good. Being nosy as I am, I looked for Jay's bookmark. There were two things marking two pages. One was a piece of paper on page 201, and the other was a picture on 139. Weird. The picture was of us. We got some kid to take it about a month back. I read the first sentence of page 139:
"My Chemical Romance were playing on Conan..." COOL! We're in a book! explains why
the picture's there. Ha, we even got Big Worm in there! Zanda, me, Gerard, Jayda, Mikey, Keel, Bob, Tay, Ray, and Jazz, with Big Worm about five feet from her, clearly not wanting in the picture. We were all crammed together in front of the Chemical- FX bus, smiling like retards.Big Worm and Bob are even grinning, even though they both hate cameras! A rare moment indeed. I smiled and flipped back to page 20 to keep reading about this psycho suit this old rock star called Jude bought.

* Ray's POV *
Tomorrow's the day. Tomorrow's the day tour ends. Tomorrow's the day it'll be five guys instead of ten people. Tomorrow we stop playing the shows and seeing the fans we love. Tomorrow the My Chem men head back to Jersey and the next day Bob goes to Chicago.
Tomorrow's the day Jazz will be on the other side of the country. three-thousand six-hundred miles away from me. She'll go back to Gold Beach, California and I'll head back to Newark, New Jersey. I can't believe it's just now hitting me. I wish I would have realized the first time we made eye contact so I could make every moment last the longest it could. Stretch two months in to a year. I know I sound like the corniest guy on Earth, but you'll have to deal with it because it's the fucking truth.

So here I am, staring at the top of Mikey's bunk at 11:15am according to the clock back here. Frank's awake. He came out of his bunk (almost falling on his face in the process) to steal Jayda's book. If you're wondering why the tallest person on the bus has the bottom bunk, and the shortest has the top... it's because Frank jumped on me at the beginning of tour for it. I don't care where I sleep as long as it's not on the roof. My hair would get messed up.

So Frank's over there, reading a stolen book of Jay's, mumbling the words to a song he wrote a long time ago for Pencey Prep. It's funny somehow, so now I'm smiling like a retard staring at some wood above my head. Another weird thing about the sleeping arrangements-- I made sure that Mikey, the lightest of us guys, slept above me instead of anyone else. I got sorta freaked out if someone heavier than Mikey layed above me. I had bad thoughts of the wood cracking and Gerard or Bob, even Frank (anyone who wasn't Mikey) falling on my head. I'm a basket case, I know. Bob and Gerard aren't really heavy. Especially Frank! I just get freaked out. But, Keel's there since Mikey's out in the living room. She's lighter than he is though, so I'm okay.

"Gotta get out of this place
because it feels like yesterday."


It wasn't only Frank. It was Jazz as well. She was awake (duh) and standing on her tip toes in front of Frank's bunk so she could see him. She's about as short as Frank, only taller. Poor guy. They weren't singing too loud because they didn't want to wake anyone up. I would have joined in but I didn't want to make it apparent I was awake. I get like that sometimes. When 'Yesterday' was finished they started talking a little bit.
"Hey, Jazz."
"Hello, Frank." She wasn't too grumpy this morning....
"Glad we finally got some sleep."
"Uh-huh. Now stop talking to me and go back to reading Jayda's fucking book!" Okay, so I was wrong....

She walked back to my bunk and looked at me. I didn't pretend to be asleep I just stared back.
"Scooch!" she demanded.
"Say, 'please.'" I love teasing her in the mornings.
"Move!" No, i case you were wondering, Jazz isn't a morning person. You should've seen her the first time we got up at 6:00am when we started sharing a bus. Bob might STILL have bruises.

"Say, 'pretty please, Ray ruler of all awesome hair?'" I'm gonna pay for that...

She pretty much CRASHED down on top of me and just layed there. It hurt a lot but it was funny.

"Thank you." she mumbled. I laughed and rolled over so she was beside me (which is pretty difficult. Have you seen how small those bunks are?)
"No! I was comfy!" she whined. She wouldn't open her eyes, so I kissed her.

"Meanie. You make me have to move." She rolled over with her back facing me and cuddled into my chest. My face was in her hair, but I didn't mind. It was better than her choking on mine.

I somehow managed to fall asleep after she did for the remaining forty minutes before noon. We were both woken up by a very loudly chorused:
"AAAWW!!!!"

"FUCK OFF!!" Jazz yelled. She's not really a noon person either. I turned over to see Mikey, Bob, Keel, Frank, Gerard, Tay, Jayda, and Zanda all miraculously squished together, crouching down and looking at me and Jazz with smiles plastered to their faces. They all laughed and Mikey yelled:
"AAH! IT'S ALIVE!" I could feel Jazz getting into kill mode beside me.

"Mikey! Shut up! Do you really want battle scars like Bob's? Do any of you?" I asked, looking from Mikey to the others. Bob had already fled to the kitchen and everyone else scampered after him.

I got up and dragged Jazz up into a sitting position. I stepped back into the "hallway" and bowed, extending my hand to her as she rubbed her eyes.

"My lady," I said, acting like some prince. She gracefully took my hand and slit out of my bunk as if she were stepping out of a posh carriage.

"Thank you, my good sir." And THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is how you get Jazz out of bed without suddenly going missing. You play around. Everyone except Jayda and Zanda drank coffee. They both decided on tea. Everyone was also informed (by a very amused Jayda), that Mikey looks great in her unicorn pajama bottoms.

I love mornings on this bus. I'm gonna miss them.

*Gerard's POV *
Ray and Jazz are a cute couple. He's the only one besides the Zanda, Keel, and Tay that can get her up without suffering. It's funny, really.

Jayda looks out the window a lot and that's what she's doing now. The bus pulled into the show site about five minutes ago when we were drinking our morning drinks. We still hadn't had breakfast.

"Yo, peeps! There's an iHop!" she announced, turning to look at us.
"You boys wanna see how girls get ready in twenty minutes?" Tay asked.
"Sure." said Bob.
"Then you might wanna back up," Zanda warned. All the guys and shrank into a seat as Zanda stood by the door and the others just sat where they were in the kitchen.

"Okay, we got twenty minutes, GO! GO! GO!" Zanda yelled. The girls dashed around, Zanda skirting around Keel, to get to her suitcase.

"NOT TODAY, SISTER!" Zanda yelled, now in her clothes for the day, as she pulled the bathroom door shut right before Tay got there. We (the guys) all laughed.

Five minutes later, Zanda came out of the bathroom, completely ready to go. Jayda, Jazz, Keel, and Tay were all changed, wearing each other's clothes. They managed to cram into the bunk area to change while Zanda was in the bathroom.

Zanda stood by the door, out of the way, watching the others.

"WHERE'S MY STRAIGHTENING IRON?!?" came Jazz's voice from the bathroom. Apparently Tay was done.

Zanda scampered to Jazz's suitcase and got her straightening iron for her.
"Thank you." Jazz said briskly before slamming the door shut again. This looked a lot like how we got ready to go to iHop before.

Jazz came out of the bathroom and Keel zoomed in. Jazz and Zanda examined each other.
"You're looking sexy, Miss Thang," Zanda said as Jazz turned around. I watched Jayda do her make up in a small mirror at the table. Keel still wasn't out yet so she improvised.

When they were done, they looked gorgeous as usual. These girls never keep you waiting.

Us guys replayed the morning we first went to iHop to the girls, them laughing at Mikey yelling for his straightening iron, while everyone else was ready.

When my brother was FINALLY done, we all laughed.
"Wow. I never knew guys could move like that." said Jayda.
"I thought girls were supposed to keep you waiting," I said.
"Come on, let's go," Ray said, heading out the door, with Jazz attached to his hand.