Fate

And We Know It's Never Simple, Never Easy

Image
"Um..." I bit my lip nervously and brushed my side sweep bangs out of my eyes.
"I'm not stupid." Carmen said glancing out the window.
"I didn't want people to judge me."
"Judge you?"
"I know the Jonas Brothers. I dated a Jonas Brother. People would be trying to be friend for the wrong reasons." I said looking at her.
"Whick one did you date?"
"Nick." I said quietly.
"So what happened with him?" Carmen asked. She unbuckled her seat belt and faced me.
"Fate."
"Fate?" Carmen asked confused.
" I got pregnant with Fate." I said looking away.
"Nick is the father!" Carmen exclaimed.
"Yeah."
"You took a Jonas Brothers virginity!" Carmen said laughing.
"Why is that so funny?" I asked a little offended.
"It just is." Carmen said shruggung.
"It's not funny. He dumped me because we had sex." I said miserably.
"What?" Carmen asked all her amusment fading.
"He regreted it so he dumped me." I said trying to act like it didn't bother me.
"Who's idea was it?"
"Noone's. It just happened."
"That sort of thing doesn't just happen. If he didn't want to why didn't he stop?" Carmen asked. She looked at me like I was crazy.
"I don't know."
"Well I didn't think I could hate him anymore then I already do but i do." Carmen said.
"I would have dumped him anyway after I found out I was pregnant."
"Why?"
"I couldn't ruin his growing career." I mumbled.
"That's fucked up and you know it!" Carmen said looking at me like I was crazy.
"I know," I said shaking my head. "But I can't tell him about Fate."
"You have to tell him sometime," Carmen said. "I have to go. Call him and tell him you need to talk."
And with that Carmen got out of my car and went inside her house.
The whole ride home all I could think about was Nick and how much I missed him. Fate means the world to me and I know she needs a father. When I was home I went straight to Fate's room. Fate was taking a nap in her cribe so I quietly paced back and forth thinking over my curent situation. Finally I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and dialed Nick's number.
"Hello?" Nick said.
"Hi Nick." I said regretting this phone call.
"Are you ok Hannah?"
"Um...No. I have to tell you something." I said my voice shaking.
"Ok..." Nick said waiting for me to continue.
"When are you going to be in San Diego?" I asked.
"In about an hour."
"Can you come by house?"
"Yeah I can do that,"
"Ok see you then."
I did more pacing and thinking. I had no idea what to say to Nick. I stopped and looked Fate as she slept, that's when I knew in my heart I was doing the right thing by telling Nick.
I walked downstairs to where my mom was cooking dinner.
"Mom I have to tell you something."
"Ok." M ymom said setting the knife down she had been using and putting her full attention on me.
"I called Nick and he is coming over," I took a deep breath. "And I'm telling him about Fay."
"You should have told me about this before you called him!" My mom said paniking.
"It wasn't exactly planed."
"You need to go get Fay ready."
I woke Fay from her nap, gave her a bath and put a cute pink dress on her and a ribbon in her curly brown hair. I sat her down by her toys while I got ready. I put on a yellow, white, and black tank top with white shorts and yellow flip flops. I let my long brown hair down so it ran down my back in waves. I reapplied my make up, black eyeliner and mascara.
The door bell rang through the house announcing Nick had arrived. I checked Fay was in her room then ran downstairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
kind of a filler.
chapter title: Breathe Taylor Swift and Colbie Caillat.
Hannah's outfit:
Image
Fate's Outfit:
Image
comment. subsribe.
x)