Fate

Yes, I Remember What You Said Last Night

Image
Everyone looked at me shocked.
"Why?" Nick asked. Everyone's eyes went to Nick then back to me.
"Nothing good will come out of telling the world about Fay." I said glancing at Fay.
"We can't lie to our fans." Nick said. I could see he was getting worked up about this.
"You don't have to. We can keep her secret for right now. I'm not ready to share her with the rest of the world."
"How are we supposed to keep her from people?"
"I don't know. We can figure that out." I said frustrated. Nick is being so stubbern right now it's so annoying.
I felt Joe tighten his hold on my hand and that's when I remembered there was other people in the room.
"We can't hide this from people!" Nick said glaring at me.
"Nick it's her decision." Denise said quietly to her son.
"It's the wrong decision." Nick mumbled.
"I think she's doing the right thing." Joe said glaring at his brother.
"Why do you care?" Nick asked shooting daggers at his brother. "You were mad at Hannah last night. And today you're all lovey-dovey with her."
"Nicholas." Kevin Sr. said in warning.
"I was mad because she didn't tell me about Fay. I love Hannah. And I know I will Love Fay because I've taken the time to get to know Fay. You, her own father, has hardly spent anytime with her." Joe said standing from the table dropping my hand in the process.
I pulled Joe back down to his chair. Everyone was silent after Joe's speech until Nick stood form his cahir, causing it to fall over, and stromed out of the room. I excused myself from the table and took Fay out of her chair adn into the bathroom to clean her up a bit then I took her outside. When I opened the back door I heared someone crying quietly. As Fay and I walked around the corner of the house towards the swing set I found Nick sitting on the swing motionless, aside form his body shaking with sobs. I kneeled down to Fay's level and smiled warmly at her.
"Fay say 'Daddy'" I said quietly to her.
"Daddy?" Fay asked giggling.
I glanced at Nick and he was watching us curiously.
"Now walk to your daddy." I turn Fay around and pionted to Nick.
Fay took and unsteady step forward then took off at a quick pase towards Nick. Nick's face seemed to brighten as Fay walked closer to him.
"Daddy!" Fay yelled falling into Nick's open arms.
"Good job baby girl." Nick said kissing the top of Fay's head.
I watched smiling to myself as watched them. Nick looked up at me and he had a huge grin on his face. His gaze left mine to past me towards the house. I turned my head and saw we had an audience, the everyone was watching us with smiles on their faces. Well almost everyone. Joe wasn't there and Selena looked slightly pissed for some reason.

Us kids were sitting in the family room hanging out, while the grown ups sat in the kitchen talking. I watched Nick sing to Fay slowly putting her to sleep. Joe and I were sitting on the floor against the couch, I put my head on his shoulder as I continued to watch Fay and Nick. My eyes began to close as I thought about todays events. And that's when it me. Joe said he loved me. My eyes shoot open and I looked up at Joe confused.
"Something wrong?" Joe whispered so only I heared.
"We need to talk." I said standing from my position on the floor.
I walked up to my room followed closely by Joe. When we entered my room I closed the door behind me and then I began to pace. Joe watched, me fro mhis spot on my bed, waiting for me to talk first.
"Do you love me?" I asked stooping in front if him a frown on my face.
"Yeah of course. Why?" Joe asked smiling at me obviously confused.
"I mean love me." I said putting emphesis on love.
"I..I don't know what you mean." Joe said stuttering a little. He ran a hand through his hair, he only did that when he was nervous. That's how I knew he did really love me.
"How long?" I asked.
"Since I first met you." Joe admitted looking at anything but me.
"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked sitting next to Joe on my bed.
"I saw the connection you had with Nick. I wasn't goning to come between that."
I was at a loss for words. My mind just seemed to stop working and my body took over. I leaned towards Joe and leaned towrads me bring our lips closer with each passing second. When our lips finally met I was in heaven. It started out as a sweet and tender kiss. I pulled away slightly opening my eyes to see a smiling Joe. I smiled at him before kissing him agian this one had more passion in it, more lust. As the kiss intensified we slowly fell backwards, with Joe hovering above me, our lips never parting.
I heard th door open and someone gasp.
I pushed Joe off me and looked at the door. Nick stood there lookignlike he had just seen a ghost.
"Do you need something?" Joe asked irritated.
Nick turned and walked out of sight.
Joe sighed and went to close the door before he walked back to me.
"Now where were we?" Joe asked leaning towards me again.
"Joe." I said pushing him away.
"What?" Joe asked furrowing his brow at me.
"I can't do this." I whispered looking away from Joe's intense gaze.
"Because of Nick." Joe stated.
I noded my head looking back at Joe.
"Fine." Joe said. He walked out of my room slaming the door as he went.
♠ ♠ ♠
so there was some drama and some father and daughter love. next chapter is going to be the after math of Hannah and Joe's kiss.
Chapter title: Tell Me Why by Taylor Swift