What Hurts The Most

Chapter 5

Image

As Sophie was looking at the picture of her and her dad, her phone rang.

Unknown Caller

"Hello," Sophie asked wiping her tears.

"Sophie? It's Nick."

"Nick?"

"Yeah. So my brothers told my mom what happened and she was pissed at me and she told me i had to call you and apologize. So sorry."

"Are you kidding me? The last thing i want is your apology that means nothing! I know you don't mean it so save you breath asshole," Sophie yelled.

"Sophie wait-," but before he could finish, she hung up. The last thing she wanted was pity. If Nick didn't mean it, then she didn't want it.

She sat on her floor crying.
Crying for her dad.
Crying for Nick.
But mostly crying for herself.

This was all to much. She didn't like people hating her. She didn't like grudges, so she was going to try and fix this.

She got up and put the picture back in the box and headed down the stairs.

"Mom I'm going out! I'll be back in like an hour," Sophie yelled.

"Ok honey! Be careful."

After 15 minutes of walking she finally got to the Jonas' house. She started to have second thoughts but she knew this had to be done. She slowly knocked on the door.

"Sophie! What are you doing here," Joe asked pulling her into a hug.

"Hey. Uhm is Nick here?"

"Nick," Joe asked confused.

"Yeah i just need to talk to him," Sophie said.

"Uhh yeah he's in his room, but i wouldn't-"

"Thanks Joe!"

"Go up there if i were you," Joe said to himself once Sophie was up the stairs.

Sophie found his room and his door was closed. She knocked but no one answered. So she opened the door wishing she hadn't. There was a shirtless Nick ontop of a half naked Ashley. Sophie just looked in horror before slowly backing away.

She didn't know why she had this feeling of sadness/hurt/jealousy. She couldn't like Nick, could she? He hates her.

"I-I'm sorry...Uhm...."

"Sophie, LEAVE," Nick yelled. Sophie nodded and quicly left the room. She had tears in her eyes. As she was running down the stairs she bumped into someone. Joe.

"Oh Soph I'm so sorry you had to see that. I really am. I know how much you like him," Joe said rubbing her back.

"How'd you know," Sophie asked.

"Please it's the most obvious thing in the world. The wasy you looked at him the second you saw him that's when i knew," Joe laughed.

"Yeah well it doesn't even matter. He totally hates me and is dating Ashley," Sophie said.

"Why did you come to talk to him anyway?"

"I just want him to see the real me, the real Sophie Harlem," Sophie replied. "but i don't even care anymore."

"Of course you care! You like him! Don't give up," Joe said shaking his head.

"Sophie?" Sophie and Joe turned around to see Nick.

"What," Sophie asked with attitude.

"Can i talk to you?"

"Why so you can insult me some more. I'll pass thanks," Sophie said.

"No i'm not gonna insult you. Please just give me 5 minutes," Nick begged. Sophie looked at Joe and he nodded his head. Sophie stood up and followed Nick into the guest room. Nick closed the door and sat on the bed and Sophie just stood by the door.

"So talk," Sophie said quietly.

"Look i really am sor-"

"Nick don't apologize if you don't mean it. Don't do it if your being forced to. Only do it if you really mean it," Sophie said looking down.

"I do mean it. I feel bad about what Ashley said about your dad. I had no idea. Once you left i felt so sorry-"

"Oh so you're only apologizing because you feel sorry for me? Is that it Nick? If Ashley hadn't said anything about my dad then you wouldn't have apologized, would you? Well guess what Nick! I don't want you're pity. So thanks for trying but it didn't help," Sophie yelled.

"No Soph-"

"Shut up Nick! Ever since i came all you've been doing is insulting me and makeing me feel like crap. And i'm sick of it! I came over here today to try and fix things but instead you're sucking faces with Ashley. If you really felt bad about what she said you wouldn't have been kissing her," Sophie yelled interupting Nick again.

"So what, are you jealous of Ashley," Nick asked, smirking.

"That doesn't even matter-"

"Aha! You are! You like me," Nick said.

"Yeah you're right. I did. But now i see that you're nothing but a jerk, and that you aren't good enough for me. So have fun with Ashley. Because as of right now. I'm out of your life for good. Not out of Joe's, Kimberly's, Kevin's, or Frankie's. Just yours. I'll be around. But i won't look at you, talk to you, or even think about you. Because that's how little you mean to me now," Sophie said and walking out of the room.

Nick just sat there.
A million thoughts running through his mind.
But the one that stood out the most:

"I want Sophie Harlem in my life."
♠ ♠ ♠
tough luck Nick!

i hope you like it!!!!
Two updates in one day!!!!!!!
but now i expect twice as many comments!

The awesome banner by sarah_jonas.
^^^
thank you sooo much <3

please if you want to make banners, feel free!!!

xoxo,
Kara