Status: Hiatus until further notice.

Sell Your Soul

Wasteland

Image

"Fuck you," she had screamed. It was our first fight. We hand only known each other for maybe about a month. We were outside of Johnny's Bar, our second home. We were there almost as much as we were at my house. I know- fucking ridiculous, right?

We had been drinking; I had maybe one beer in me so far. She had about three or four, who ever really knew? She couldn't handle her alcohol as well as she used to be able to and she knew it, but she didn't give a shit, she never did.

She had been dancing with some guy, who I fully admit knew April and I were together and kept his hands to himself, well he didn't touch her inappropriately, which is more then you could say concerning her.

The guy completely backed off; with his hands in the air once her hands had reached the zipper to his pants. I nodded my head to him to indicate I knew he had no part in whatever the hell she was doing before I got up and made my way towards her.

If she was sober I would've been a complete ass and dumped her right then and there, like I should've, but I played nice-guy, like what I used to be and brought her outside. I didn't want anyone to hear our conversation, especially my friends. I was a gentleman. What went on in our private lives was only our business, it didn't concern anyone else.

She drunkenly laughed and sloppily leaned against the glass window of the bar. I took a good look at her, and let what she was wearing sink into my brain. She had an extremely short skirt on, barley covering her perfected ass and boots that went to her knees on.

Everything she was wearing besides her shirt was black. She had a cut up white Slayer shirt on, with her chest almost completely hanging out. She looked like a fucking drunk, junkie. It was repulsing to look at, even if I was falling for her fast.

Her hair was everywhere, looking completely untamed. Her mascara was beginning to run down her face from sweating and her red lipstick was smudged as she whipped her mouth with the back of her hand.

She reached into her purse and pulled out a pack of cigarettes and pulled one out of the pack, setting it between her lips as she lit the end of it with her purple lighter. She stuck the lighter back in the pack of cigarettes and shoved them back into her crammed purse.

"What was that about in there?" I questioned, keeping my short temper in check.

"What was what about baby?" Her voice was thick with an immaculate drunken slur. She knew exactly what I was talking about- she was just trying to play innocent.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about April," I said sternly.

She rolled her eyes. "Maybe I'm horny," she snorted. Then she shook her head and took another drag of her cigarette. She grabbed me by the shoulders and pulled me towards her so that our bodies were pressed against one another’s so closely we could feel one another’s heartbeats.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. I hadn't felt like fighting or arguing, but I didn't like being lied too and my patience was beginning to run extremely thin. "Come on April; be serious for a fucking moment."

She angrily growled and pushed me away from her. I stumbled back a couple of steps and clenched my fists. "Maybe if you'd fucking dance with me for once, I wouldn't have done that!" I felt so embarrassed that she was yelling, especially after I had taken the decency to take our little issue outside so we'd be alone.

After that everything just went to hell and in a haze every other sentence from April was claiming I was an asshole and I should let her have more freedom. She just kept going on and on in her drunken slur. With each word she spoke I began to become more embarrassed and all I wanted to do was just walk away and completely forget about her.

When I heard the door to the bar open I turned my head to the left and looked at the doorway. Stephanie stepped outside and crossed her arms across her chest. "Everything alright here guys?" She smiled a very simple, honest smile; hoping that it would cause the argument to be over and we'd all go back inside. I was hoping for the same thing, unlike April.

April turned her body towards Stephanie and glared at her with pure hatred. "This doesn't fucking concern you, now leave bitch."

Stephanie and I both were taken back by April's remark. "Excuse me?" Stephanie asked, completely stunned.

"I said leave, it does not concern you!"

Stephanie took a step towards April and lowered her voice and in a dangerously calm voice she began to reply to April. "You will not talk to me like that ever again, or so help me God, I will tear you apart, do you fucking understand me?"

Chills ran up my spine as I watched both girls stare one another down. I swear the entire world stopped as Stephanie spoke.

"As much as you'd like to believe this, the world doesn't fucking revolve around you. You do not get to boss everyone around and for your information, this entire situation might not exactly be any of my business, but the moment you start fucking with one of my best-friends, I make it my business, got it? You will not get away with treating Matt like you just did because you fucked up. He didn't do anything to get treated like that or for you to scream bloody murder at him, so I suggest you shut the fuck up and apologize because he was trying to keep your little issue just between you two out here and then you had to begin yelling to cause attention."

April glared even harder at Stephanie then before. Steph simply smiled back and turned to look at me, setting her right hand on my left bicep. "Your drink is beginning to get warm, are you going to come back in and finish it soon?"

I smiled and nodded my head, "I'll be right in."

She nodded her head and began back towards the door. "Fucking bitch."

Steph turned to look at April as she opened the door and grinned, "Eat shit, April." I watched as the door closed behind Steph and then turned to look at April again.

"Want to go back inside?"

"Fuck you," she spat before she sat down on the sidewalk and leaned against the brick wall of Johnny's Bar.

I shook my head as I watched her begin to sulk. "I guess I'll see you later then," I smiled and walked back into the bar to finish drinking with my friends. I should've listened to them when I got back inside and my gut feeling to just leave her then and there. But me, being the nice guy I was back then went back outside about an hour or two later and picked up my sulking girlfriend at the time and threw her in the cab with me to go back to my house.

What the hell is wrong with my brain?