Status: Hiatus until further notice.

Sell Your Soul

Don't Let It Go To Your Head

Image

June 24th, we all made our way to Zack's house for a very regular barbeque get-together. By the time noon rolled around everyone had found their way to Zack's house for the remaining of the day.

April and I had both woke up at ten that morning and took a shower together. When we got out we made our way to my room that had soon became our bedroom. I grabbed a pair of boxers and slipped them on before I tossed my towel back in the bathroom.

When I walked back out April had dropped her towel to the ground and was slipping a black dress over her head. When she straightened out her dress I smirked at the length of it, yet also letting the thought pass through my mind that it was a bit inappropriate to be wearing... at least outside of the house and off of the beach.

The dress reached to just under her perfect ass, which like I said, was appealing to me, but not appropriate in the least. I wanted to say something to her, but I didn't feel like getting into another fight with her. I had soon realized that she had an extremely short temper, shorter then my own.

That day she put on more make-up then I had ever seen her wear. I watched her mess around with her hair for longer than normal, finally putting it in a messy ponytail, but still making herself look really good. She was putting more time into her appearance then she had in the three months we had known each other.

"It's just a barbeque, April." I reminded her, as I sat on the corner of our bed, watching her assess herself again in the mirror. "Steph, Nicole and Rhi probably are going to be in swim suits, same with the guys, you know."

April huffed and made a face in the mirror and then stepped into the doorway to look at me. I could tell by how her hands were on her hips that I had it coming. "Well, I'm not them Matt."

I sighed, "I know that. I wasn't implying that you were. I was just reminding you that we're there for a barbeque, drinking and swimming."

She huffed again, "you always compare the girls to me. They do their own thing, and I do mine."

I shook my head and leaned back on the bed, keeping my feet planted on the ground. She was just not getting it. That was another thing about April that really bothered me. She would always turn my words around and make me look like the bad guy, like I was comparing her to the girls all the time, or saying negative things about her. I had never done that once.

I bit my tongue and decided to let it go. I didn't want to argue anymore, about anything. I just wanted to get to Zack's and have a good time.

April finally walked out of the bathroom around 11:30 and announced that she was ready to leave. I stood up and walked down to the kitchen and grabbed a case of beer, a few bottles of liquor and the couple grocery bags filled with chips in them and made my way to the door.

When I didn't see April anywhere I decided to walk out to my car to put everything in the trunk. I let another deep sigh pass through my lips as I noticed her already in the passenger seat, putting on more lip-gloss.

I watched her look at me through the mirror as I attempted to open the trunk door, still having the grocery bags and all the alcohol in my hands. Normally, something like that would never really bother me, but I guess I was used to how my other friends were, or past girlfriends. Plus April had been acting extremely off the past few weeks.

Finally situated I made my way back up to the house and made sure all the doors were locked before I locked the front door and walked back to my car. I started the ignition once I had my seatbelt on and pulled out of the driveway and drove towards Zack's house.

I was glad when we got to Zack's. The entire time we were in the car no one spoke, but I heard April sigh every other minute. If she didn't sigh then she was rolling her eyes at something, which was really starting to piss me off. If she didn't want to go to Zack's then she could've just stayed at my house, or better yet just left altogether.

When I turned the ignition off April got out of the car and walked up to Zack's. I watched the front door close behind her and waited a minute before I opened my door. "Bitch," I mumbled under my breath and shook my head. I was more than mildly annoyed.

I opened the trunk and leaned in to grab the alcohol and chips. I had the beer in my right hand, the liquor under my arm, and the chips in my left hand as I stared at the trunk door. When I was about to set something down I felt a hand over my left hand. When I turned my head I saw Nicole smiling up at me.

"I'll take these Matt; you just worry about that precious alcohol and the trunk." I smiled at my friend and closed the trunk after I let her take the grocery bags.

"Where's April?"

I sighed, "In the house somewhere."

Nicole furrowed her eyebrows. "Uh- okay."

I shook my head, "don't ask." I paused for a moment and then turned to look at Nicole again, slowing down our pace and lowering my voice. "Word of warning, she's been in a fucking mood all day and will rip your head off if you say something that she could in anyway find offensive. I don't want any more fights, so if you could let Rhi and Steph know, that'd be great."

Nicole nodded her head and set her right hand on my shoulder. "No problem, I got you covered." She winked before I opened the door and gestured for her to go through first.

I set the beer in the fridge and turned around to a glowering April. She stood in the middle of the kitchen, her arms crossed across her chest and a sour look on her face. I noticed the slight tap in her jutted out right foot and clenched my fists.

"What?" I asked. I tried to keep an even tone, but my voice came out harsh and I felt surprised that I didn't even feel an ounce of regret or sorrow.

"How was your little quality time with Nicole?"

I stared at her in disbelief. I couldn't grasp what the hell she was going on about. Whenever I was alone with one of the girls April would freak out at me, even though there was no history with any of the girls and I. Things just weren't like that between us. I sighed and looked at her, "don't start with that shit, April."

She narrowed her eyes at me and muttered something that didn't sound pleasant at all under her breath.

"Listen, I'm here to have a good time with my best-friends. If you don't want to be here, then leave, because I don't want to have to put up with your shit and argue with you all night." I took a few steps, trying to make my way out of the kitchen to go and find Zack.

"You're such an asshole. I can't believe you treat me like this. What would your friends think if I told them that, huh Matt? What if I told them that you didn't want me to be here with them to socialize and get to know them?"

I turned around and glared at her, "my friends would think you're full of shit and laugh in your face. Grow up April."