Status: Hiatus until further notice.

Sell Your Soul

Waiting

Image

It was around two in the morning when I made it back to my house. Everyone completely dropped and had forgotten about April even being there in the first place.

Steph showed up shortly after I had met Nicole out on the front grass. We helped her bring in her food and alcohol contribution to the backyard. The feast began soon after we set everything down.

The day was great. It reminded of all the other times we had ever gotten together. We sat around, laughed, drank, ate and talked. We all went for a swim and then ended up on the beach for a midnight camp fire. It made me regret ever meeting April and keeping her around.

All the lights were off, leaving my house in complete darkness. I opened the door and called out to see if April was there. It didn't shock me that there was no response. I wasn't expecting one to begin with.

I locked the door and kicked off my shoes. I grabbed a pepsi from the fridge and walked back to the living room. My mind wasn't ready for sleep, even if my body was telling me the utter opposite.

I plopped down on the couch and grabbed the controler off of the coffee table in front of me. I tossed my feet up on the table and crossed my left ancle over the right. I took a deep breath and then began to play some Halo.

I remember my body julting up off the couch when the sound of the front door slamming shut scared the shit out of me. I had fallen asleep after a few hours of playing Halo- in mid game.

"Shit." April whispered, loudly.

I sat up straight and turned around in my seat and looked at her. Her right hand was positioned against the wall as she tried to pull her heels off. It was clear that she wasn't sober in the least.

After endless minutes she finally gave up and literally kicked her shoes off across the floor. She tossed her purse on the floor and looked up, finally noticing that I was alive, and in the house.

"Hey baby," something wasn't right with her voice, but I couldn't figure it out.

I nodded towards her and then slowly began to turn around, but not before noticing her literally wobbling over towards me. Her legs looked like jello as she walked, I could only imagine what they felt like to her in that state.

She gave up trying to walk and threw herself over the back of my couch, landing partly on my lap. She licked her lips, clearly trying to look seductive or sexy... whatever it was, I remember it clearly not working. She made me feel disgusted to even know her.

She ran a lazy hand down across her right side of her face and bit her lip. Her eyes were permanently half closed. Her skin was twice as pale then normal, but it glistened in the minimal light. Something it never did. Her skin felt ice cold against my warm body.

"Where were you?"

She tried to smile, and I'm sure to her she thought she truly was, but nothing was coming out fully right. It was lazy and half of what it should've been. "Out," she mumbled as she tried to sit up.

I sighed and pushed her back up. She placed on hand on my upper thigh and leaned towards me. She tried nibbling on my earlobe, but what it felt like was her teeth rattling together from chills.

I pushed her away and made her open her eyes all the way. Her pupils were right fucked up. I bit back all of the rage I had inside of me and kept my voice nutral. "Are you fu... are you high April?"

She snorted, "puh-lease, Matt." She swatted at my chest and used the back of the couch to push her up so she was positioned on her knees. I watched as she fell backwards and landed on the floor in a huge thud, barley missing the corner of the coffee table with the back of her head.

She started coughing. I leaned forward and grabbed her left arm. I had never noticed puncture marks there before, but then again I had never been looking for them. I let go of her arm and stood up. I almost left her there on the floor, but even I wasn't that heartless.

I picked her up and put her on the couch. I started towards the stairs and turned back to look at her. I sighed and went into the kitchen. I came back out with a bottle of water. I set it on the coffee table beside her and then took the blanket off the back of the couch and tossed it on her. If she got cold enough she'd cover herself up.

I wasn't going to take care of her when she was in a fucking mess. Anything that happened to her was going to be all on her back. I was beyound pissed, and hurt. How could she be so completely selfish and do something like that? And why didn't I kick her ass to the curb right then and there?