I Don't Belong Here

When The Fire Dies

"That was a good dinner," I sighed, patting my stomach comically as Zacky drove my car to our condo.

"It was," he laughed, turning up the Misfits. Inwardly, I groaned. I didn't have anything against them, but a lot of people like them just because they look very "punk rock." I think they're overrated, but "Saturday Night" and "Die, Die Darling" are really good songs, I'll have to admit.

"So, have you thought about telling Brian yet?" he turned to look at me quickly, and averted his eyes back to the dark road.

"Not really," I said, looking down at my hands currently set in my lap, "For now, I think I'll just not tell him anything, but honestly, it's been kinda hard for me to even talk to him normally, ya know?"

"I'm sorry, babe," he murmured, setting his hand on my own. I shrugged it off, and let out a big sigh, "It's no big deal."

"The thing is," I continued, "I don't know how - if I'm going to do it at all, that is - to tell him. Do I just go, 'Hey, Bri, it's me, Addie. Remember? That one girl you broke up with 'cause she was an ugly motherfucker back in the day?' It's just...I...I don't know, Zack."

"Ads," he said, retracting his hand to put back onto the wheel, "don't worry about it. I'm sure you'll find some God forsaken time to tell him."

I rolled my eyes, but he continued, "Just make sure you tell him, and that he doesn't find out on his own account. Otherwise, he'll be really mad. And just for the sake of it, don't wait too long to tell him - "

"Or what?" I interrupted.

"Or he'll be mad either way, knowing that you held out on telling him."

I groaned out loud, and Zack parked in "Reserved Parking Space #154."

I opened the door, and slammed it shut, immediately regretting it after I realized it was 10:54 PM.

"Are you tired?" Zacky suddenly asked as I locked my front door. I turned around, "No. I only had a little bit of alcohol; I'm fine. Why?"

"Wanna rent a movie? With all the driving and flying around, I forgot what time we usually sleep at. Knowing me, I'm probably going to be sleeping at around 2 or 3 AM."

I laughed, "There's a Blockbuster down the street that, for some really odd reason, closes at like 11:30, 12. Wanna go there?"

"I'll take what I can get," he shrugged.

And off we went.

We came back with a bunch of movies, and soon, I fell asleep on Zacky's shoulder.

--

"Fuck, my neck hurts," I said, opening my slightly crusted eyes, getting up, and yawning.

"What time is it?" Zacky asked, falling over on his side.

"I don't know...," I replied, looking over at the clock, "It's...11:40. Why?"

"Fuck!"

His exclaim alarmed me greatly, and I asked, "Jesus fuck, what?"

"We had to be in at the studio today at 12! Get ready!"

"We're recording today?!"
♠ ♠ ♠
okay, yes, this is how I actually view the Misfits.
check out my new story!
it's called Passion In My Eyes

P.S. i'm sorry about the length and boring-ness of this chapter.
it'll get more interesting next chapter.
i promise.
(:
3 comments?
you guys are getting lazy ):