She'll Fall in Love With You

Save your money for Pay-Less

"Uh uhmm Emma-Lee, this is uhh...."

The girl looked at Pierre, rolled her eyes, and looked at me with a true smile.

"I'm Michelle, Simple Plan's PR agent here in the States. I was just talking to Pierre about some appearances they are making in a couple weeks." she leaned in so only I could hear what she was saying. "Sorry if I upset you, from the looks of things you two are on a date." she extended her hand out.

"Uh, yeah. I'm Emma-Lee." I said shaking her hand. "I'm the one that should be apologizing. I got ahead of myself." I smiled, embarrassed.

"It's fine. Anyway..." she turned to Pierre, "...I am going to give Patrick a call when you guys get to Chicago and we can just deal with it then. Emma-Lee, it was nice to meet you, and I will be talking to you later." she said in Pierre's direction.

"Bye, Michelle." Pierre and I said simultaneously.

I gingerly sat in my chair, and glanced up at Pierre, who was signing the bill. His eyebrows were furrowed the tiniest bit in concentration.

"So, that was embarrassing." I said awkwardly.

Pierre looked up, shutting the bill carrier, and pushing it to the side of the table.

"Why, were you jealous or something?" Pierre he teased, his brown eyes sparkling.

"Well, no, uh. I was just kind of, uhm surprised." I managed to spit out, hoping he didn't totally see through my lie.

It looked like it was my turn to trip over my words and look like a fool. Pierre just laughed.

"What do you say we get out of here and walk around some more?"

"Sounds wonderful." I sighed with relief, wanting to put the incident as far behind us as possible, literally.

We left the sushi place and walked down the street. Our path led us to a little boutique with some beautiful dresses inside. One in the window caught my eye and I stopped short.

"This dress is gorgeous!" I gushed.

"Well let's go inside then." Pierre starting for the door.

"Are you sure you don't mind?" I asked incredulous. What kind of boy offers to go inside a clothing store with a girl. On a date, no less. I didn't argue though, this boy was too good to be true, and I wanted to try that dress on badly.

"Not at all." he smiled reassuringly, then grabbing my hand, led me inside.

"May I help you?" a stately woman behind the counter asked, eyeing Pierre and eye with obvious distaste.

"Yes. That black dress in the window, may I try it on?" I asked nearly blushing. I hadn't realized how posh the boutique was.

"Of course... it's a size 4. Will you need a different size?" the woman eyed me, curiously.

"No, that works just fine." I grinned at her.

Her lips pulled tightly together in what I assumed was a smile, and she retrieved the dress then led me to a dressing room in the back of the store. I quickly undressed and shimmied into the dress, then the woman helped me fasten it. I gingerly walked out where Pierre was waiting. His eyes got big and he drew in a quick breath and gulped.

"That bad?" I asked, saddened.

"No! You look... !" He seemed to be at a loss for words.

The woman lips tightened again, and she leaned over and whispered into his ear.

"Stunning! You look stunning." he got a sheepish grin on his face.

"Well, then if that is the case, I guess I'll take it. How much is it?"

I was worried I wouldn't have enough. I had gotten some money out of an ATM with Lauren on our way to the hotel last night, and I had a hundred in my purse. The rest was in my locked zipper case in my suitcase. I hadn't wanted to lose anymore money after the sweatshirt incident at the concert.

"Three hundred and thirty dollars." the woman replied, smugly.

"Oh," my face fell. I knew it was too good to be true. "I only have one hundred with me. Do you allow items to be held? Maybe if I leave the $100 as a deposit of sorts?"

"I'm afraid not, it's a sale item." the woman replied, now frowning. (At least I think that is what the very tight lips meant.)

"I can get it." Pierre piped in, suddenly.

"No, you most certainly cannot, Pierre. You've done more than enough for me." I smiled graciously.

"Emma-Lee, really. You make that dress look entirely too good for it to not find a home in your closer. I would like too. Please?" he asked sincerely

"Really?"

I didn't want to seem like I was using him, especially on our first "date". What would his bandmates think of me? I wasn't that kind of girl.

"Yes, really. My treat." he smiled.

"Okay. But, I am paying you back as soon as we get back to the hotel." I gave in, but gave him a severe look and waggled my finger at him so he knew I was serious about paying him back. He mumbled something under his breath that I did not catch, but he was smiling, nonetheless.

Once we had finalized the purchasing plans, I made my way back into the fitting room, and slipped out of the dress and back into my street clothes while Pierre made the purchase. By the time I was done, he was ready. He took my hand and we started toward the door.
"Oh, wait, what about the dress?" I stopped short.

"I'm having it picked up and taken to the hotel so we can continue on our way without having to worry about the dress." He smiled, clearly pleased with himsel for thinking of it.

"Oh, okay. You've got it all worked out!" I giggled. "Thank you"

He opened the door, and we walked hand-in-hand down the street window shopping, people watching, and occasionally falling into silence. After about 20 minutes, we passed another little boutique that specialized in shoes.

"Shouldn't you get some shoes to go with that dress?" Pierre stopped in front of the window, motioning to some shoes in the display.

"I could, but if this place is anything like the other store, I have a feeling I should save my money for Pay-Less." I joked.

"Oh I'm sure it'll be fine." Pierre hinted.

"If you insist." I sighed.

We looked around until we found a pair of red pumps that would add some serious spice to the dress. We took them up to the counter and made the purchase.

"Clearance. Last year's shows. So, ninety-seven dollars." said the store help.
Pierre reached for his wallet, but I pushed his hand down, and smiled up at him.

"I got this one."

I paid for the shoes, and Pierre talked to the lady to have them sent to the hotel and then took a phone call. By the time we left the store, it was twilight, and had started to get dark outside.

Just as we stepped onto the sidewalk, a black luxury car pulled up beside us, and Pierre opened the door.

"Milady." he grinned, holding the door out and motioning for me to get in the car.

"Oh!" I said in surprise. I hadn't realized the car was for us, but I slipped in anyway.

Pierre slid in behind me, and the car drove off, to the hotel, I assumed.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you are curious, this is the dress I picture (or at least, really close to it)
http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/slideshow/F2009RTW-ODLRENTA?event=show1922&designer=design_house78&trend=&iphoto=40#slide=40

And this is the shoe:
http://www.elle.com/Fashion/Fashion-Spotlight/Shop-Hollywood-Glam-Accessories/(imageIndex)/11/(play)/false

I normally don't post outfit stuff like that because I'd like to think that my writing is descriptive enough for you to come to your own conclusions, but I have noticed that in this story especially in this section, I am pretty vague. I ended up doing quite a bit of re-writing with this bit, and I think it turned out much better than the original.

Also, this one is a bit short, but whatever. I'm not getting many comments anyway, so I'm just gonna kind of do what ever I want with the story.