She'll Fall in Love With You

It's Emma Hyphen Lee, not E-m-i-l-y.

"I have a question for you." he broke the silence.

"Yes?"

"Would you like to accompany me tonight to a ball our label is hosting tonight at the hotel? I'm sure you could find use of that dress and shoes if you did." he grinned cleverly.

"I would love to go to the ball with you Pierre." I replied, feeling like a princess.

I took the initiative, and grabbed his hand and gave it a little squeeze, then leaned forward and gave him a kiss on the check.

"I can't think of a better way I'd like to spend my evening than showing off my new dress, and the cute boy on my arm." I said, laughingly.

“I'm glad to hear it, because I really like you.” He seemed taken aback by his own words, as if he couldn’t believe he’d actually said it.

“I like you too.” I said trying my best to give him the reassuring smile he had given me.

I laid my head on his shoulder and we were quiet for the rest of the ride to the hotel. It seemed like we were both kind of soaking in the words we had exchanged. I was really happy about it. I mean, I hadn’t had an awesome person like him, in my life for an eternity it seemed like. Every boyfriend I had ever had had either cheated on me, turned out to be gay (imagine my shock), or turned out being way different than the guy I had originally dated. Or sometimes all three! Tonight I felt like this friendship with Pierre could turn into something really great. My thoughts were interrupted when we arrived at the hotel. Pierre slipped out, then helped me out and walked me inside.

“Well, Emma-Lee the ball starts at 8:30, and we both have to get ready so how about I meet you at your room at say, 8:25?”

“Sounds great. I’m gonna head up to my room and start getting ready right now. What about you?”

“I think I’m gonna do the same.”

“Okay, see you at 8:25 then.” I waved and started towards my room, but noticed that he was following me.

“Don’t want me to leave or what?” I joked.

“Uh, well I don’t but, my room is this way too.” he explained, awkwardly.

“Oh.” I said, slightly embarrassed. “What floor are you on?”

“The fourth… all the way at the end of the hallway.”

“Really? I’m on the fourth floor too. Second to last room on the left!”

“I’m the last one on the left!” he said laughing.

“Hmm…fate is a funny thing isn’t it?”

“It sure is.”

We were in the elevator now, so I punched the button marked ‘4’ and my tummy flipped as the elevator pulled us up.

We got up to the second floor and the elevator stopped, but the doors didn't open.

"Uh-oh. Do you think it's broken?" I asked Pierre

"Well I'm no elevator expert but I'd say probably. I'll just call the lobby."

Pierre picked up the emergency phone and it automatically connected him to the lobby. He told them what had happened and they said technicians were on their way. I sank down and sat cross-legged on the elevator floor near the corner. After Pierre got off the phone he joined me on the other side of the corner. We sat there for about 5 minutes waiting for the elevator to get fixed.

"Did you know a stick of gum has 5 calories in it?" I asked breaking the silence in the elevator.

"I did not." he chuckled.

"Sorry. That was really random."

"Don't apologize. I love that." he reassured me.

"Okay." I replied blushing.

I turned my head hoping he wouldn't notice. When I looked back up and over at him he was staring at me intently. He leaned forward and gently grabbed my chin and tilted my head just right and kissed me, ever so softly. It was such a soft, gentle kiss that it completely took my breath away. I pulled back and looked at him trying so hard to compose myself. Then I did something completely uncharacteristic of what most people do when they get the kiss of their lives. I started laughing. He got a shocked, confused look on his face.

"Oh my gosh. I am so sorry. Don't take this the wrong way." I said referring to my laughing.

"Uh, well I don't think I've ever gotten this kind of response after I kissed a girl." he said still trying to figure out what was going on.

"Oh my. Let me explain. Shoot, well... I don't know, I don't want you to think I'm totally crazy." I managed to get out after I composed myself.

He nodded. "Emma-Lee, don't worry. I will understand, I'm sure," he grabbed my hand, and gave it a gentle squeeze.

I took a deep breath.

"You are Pierre Bouvier. The lead singer of my favorite band."

He nodded. So far, he was following me.

"I have liked Simple Plan since I was a junior in high school. And as embarrassing as it is to be this honest, like every other girl on the planet I have thought about what it would be like to kiss you. And I just found out. And never in my wildest dreams would this have happened. This day, this kiss. Any of it. But it has, and I am thrilled.”

I leaned forward toward Pierre, who now had a look of utter enlightenment on his face and kissed him. And that's what we were doing four minutes later when the elevator roared to life and opened up to Chuck and Katie staring at us open-jawed. Wait......KATIE!?

"EMMA!?"

She ran over to me and hugged me like she wanted to suffocate me.

"Oh my god! I can't believe it's you! Where have you been? How have you been? Why are you here? Why were you kissing him!?" She interrogated me in classic Katie fashion.

I was still reeling from the fact that my very best friend from high school was standing in front of me. She looked so different form the last time I saw her, but she still had that twinkle in her eyes. Her brown hair was a little past her shoulders and she was wearing a denim skirt with a lilac sweater pulled over a black tank top, with a lace on the top. She had gone back over to Chuck and was excitedly explaining who I was.

"Wait, you're Emma?" Chuck asked incredulously.

Me and Katie started cracking up leaving Pierre and Chuck to look at us and try to figure out what was going on. I finally recovered and tried to explain.

"Yes... I am Emma. You probably already know the stories, but Katie and I were best friends in high school. And.. well that is pretty much it!" I said laughingly.

"But… your name is Emma-Lee." Pierre said slowly and unsure.

"Well, my first name is Emma, my middle name is Lee. I went through this 'identity-crisis' after high school and I started going by Emma-Lee, spelled Emma hyphen Lee, but said like E-M-I-L-Y. And I got so used to it that I just kept it like that instead of ever going back to just Emma. No biggie. I hope you guys won't get too confused around here because Pierre and Chuck, Lauren and Pat and Seb will be calling me Emma-Lee, and Katie will be calling me Emma. and poor David and Jeff won't know what to call me when they meet me. Maybe Katie should be the only one allowed to call me Emma." I ranted to no one in particular. I tended to do that when I was overwhelmed.

"Okay," Pierre laughed. "But right now we need to go get ready for the ball." Pierre said getting up.

He brushed himself off, and then grabbed my hand.

"Well I will be seeing you two lovely humans later tonight. And Katie... I will be answering all of your questions later." I said giving her that mischievous smile she knew all too well.

Pierre waved and we walked out of the elevator and towards our rooms.

"Okay so you have to come to my room to get your stuff because I just had them send it to my room."

"Alrighty."

He let go of my hand so he could fish the hotel key out of his pocket. He slipped the card into the slot on the door handle and it clicked open. He opened the door and walked inside and motioned to the room.

"Welcome to my humble abode… for now." he laughed.

"Hmm, cozy." I said as I flopped onto the bed, belly down.

Pierre walked to the other side of the bed and laid down on his back at an angle so that his head was inches from my own. I propped myself up on my elbows and started playing with the almost non-existent spikes in his hair. The day had worn away the gel in them and they barely held their form. I ran my fingers through his hair, towards his hairline.

"You have soft hair."

"Thanks?"

"It's a good thing don't worry." I said smiling.

"It is?"

"Yes, having soft hair means that people like me will always want to play with it, and who doesn't love having their hair played with?"

"I personally love it." he replied chuckling.

"Well good because I'm not gonna stop anytime soon."

We laid on the bed for about 5 minutes just relaxing after our long day. I glanced at his phone on the bed. The time read 7:50.

"Except, I have to stop because I have to get ready for the ball." I said sighing. "See you in like half an hour?" I asked as I got off the bed.

"Yeah. I will probably be ready sooner than that, so is it cool if I come over?"

"Yeah. I'll leave the door unlocked. Just don't come into the bathroom." I said giving him the eye.

"Yes ma'am!" he said saluting.

I grabbed my stuff and Pierre got up to help me.

"It's cool I got it."

"Are you sure?"

"Yep. Thanks though. See you soon." I reached for the door.

"Wait."

"Huh?"

"I forgot something."

"You did?"

"Yeah."

And as he said that he leaned forward and lifted my face gently towards his and gave me a kiss that lasted for at least a minute. I'll be honest. It took my breath away. I stepped back trying to recover and smiled at Pierre, hoping my blush wasn't totally evident.

"I'll see you soon Pierre." And I blew him a kiss that he grabbed and stuck in his pocket.

"For later." he said winking.

I laughed and left.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the whole name thing.. it used to be way more dumb. I wanted to keep it in for some reason, so I just changed it a lttle bit... Hope it doesn't bug you too much.

Let me know what you all think, and thanks for reading!