My New Favourite Song

My New Favourite Song

"Morning Beautiful" He called joyously as I walked past. "Hey, hey... where are you going so fast?"
But suddenly, I found I couldn’t walk at all, let alone fast, as something, or rather, a hand, was holding me back.
My eyes automatically looked down, I couldn't believe it! He was actually holding my hand!! In Public!!
Just as fast as they'd looked down, my eyes shot up again.
"Who gave you the right to hold my hand?" I demanded
He didn't reply, but just placed his finger to my lips.

To shush up a loved one

So of course I couldn't continue talking, unless I wanted his finger in my mouth. Ew

"Don't you know it's rude to ignore someone who says 'Good morning' to you?" He asked, once it finally seemed like I wouldn't run away,
"But I didn't ignore you," I protested, "I simply asked in a calm and collected way; who gave you the right to hold my hand?"
"Pfft," he snorted, " 'Calm and collected'? You were practically freaking out!"
"I was not!"
"You were so!"
"Julian!!"

But he just threw back his head and laughed, took me by the hand and dragged me a few metres down the hall way.
"I love it when you're angry" he whispered "you look so cute"

If you're like me you'll understand why I slapped him on the arm then.

"Owwwww!!" He moaned, faking it entirely "That really hurt you know,"
"Does it look like I care?" I hissed, but softly. If that was even humanly possible.
"So I guess it's pointless then to ask you to kiss it better?"
"Dream on" was all I could say.

This was getting harder each time I thought Maybe if I just leave, it'll hurt less for both of us, maybe if I just never speak to him again...

I stood up. Ignoring the pulling of my left arm. God that guy was like a child!

"Don't go" was all he could say. Well, not really, it was more like, "Please don't go, I have something to show you, and then give you."

Well.. I'm a curious person, so I had to see what it was.

So I sat back down and He took out, and turned on his $500 ipod.

No way, was he really going to give that to me?!

This time it was my turn to dream on.

He just gently placed an earbud in my right, and one in his left as it seemed I was too stubborn, with my arms crossed, to do it myself. That wasn't actually the case though. It was really just.. quite cold.

Pretty soon, soft acoustic guitar filled my ears. It was a beautiful melody for an intro. Pretty much 95% based on scales, but I loved that kind of soft, mysterious music.

How did he know??

And then.. the vocals came in. The words almost brought tears to my eyes, when I finally understood them, Especially the refrain, and the chorus.

"我愿意改变,
从心在来一遍,
我无法只是普通朋友,
敢亲你那么深,
叫我怎么能放手"

"但你说 ‘I.. only want to be your friend’
做个朋友。
我在你心中只是 ‘Just a friend’
不是情人
我感激你对我这样的坦白
但我给你的爱暂时收,不回来
So I 不能只是be your friend."


"It's beautiful isn't it?" He asked quietly, "I'm gonna learn it on guitar, and play it for you for valentines, providing that we'll be going out by then?"

"Why?" I asked, slightly speechless.

"Well.. truth be told, for a number of reasons, Amy" He replied, matter of factly, "I mean for one, it's your birthday, and for another, it's basically got all my thoughts and feelings from the last three months cramed into three glorious minutes. It's amazing. I just wanted to share that with you."
".. um..." I still couldn't think of anything to say,
"And also because I still haven't figured out what I have to do to get you to go out with me!"

"Oh." I said, finally turning around to look at him.

I glanced quickly in his eyes, and I swear, it was love

"Wait a minute," I said, quite stupidly, "The refrain part went:

"我愿意改变,
从心在来一遍,
我无法只是普通朋友,
敢亲你那么深,
叫我怎么能放手"


"yeah," He replied, slightly confused.
"And I mean, you've said before that you'd change for me, But I've always replied that I don't want you to.
"Yeah," he replied again, "so does that mean you're in love with me and don't want me to change?"
"Haha.. nice try"
"Oh" He looked hurt.

A pang went through me, was I being too harsh?

"And I know you hate being just my friend," I continued,
"So that's all true, but what about the next part? Since when did you 'kiss me so deeply?' "
"Umm.. well.." he stuttered, "I haven't, but..."
"But...?" I prompted,
"How about now?" he blurted out.

And then I suddenly realised that both his arms were around me...

...And He smelt so nice...

...And his lips looked so soft...

...And his eyes were so adorable...

...And I just wanted him so much...

I swear, I was like almost Willing him to hurry up and kiss me, even though I knew it would just end up being more complicated. But at that moment, that was all I wanted...

...Too bad my best friend had to walk in.

Now don't get me wrong, I love Betty, I really do, In fact, I should probably thank her for stopping me from making a Really big mistake

So why did I feel so irritated at her?

"I'm sorry," Julian said suddenly, releasing me in the process, "I shouldn't have,-"
"Am I interrupting something?" Betty cut in, genuinely worried.
"- I just wanted to show you the song I was gonna learn, that's all." He continued in a rush. Blabbing to me, while blushing furiously.

Although he wasn't as red as me,

"I'm sorry," He continued muttering, "I have to go, got science first," he smiled wryly,

God I loved that smile.

"You know how teachers are like." And he went. Just like that.
Well actually, he practically sprinted from us.

"Julian wait," I whispered,

Even 5 metres away now, he still paused.

I do love you, you know that?

Slowly, he turned around, "Did you say something Amy?"
"I didn't hear anything," Betty supplied, trying to be helpful.

I couldn't open my mouth at all..

...I do love you, Julian, But I cant.....
.... If only it weren't so.....

Complicated.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok I'm sorry, if i got a bit of the chinese wrong. I really did try my best!! ^^

and.. Names are changed, you know that,

And yeah, it really is my fav song lol.

so yeah. my first one-shot. whooop!

=]