Exposed In Lights

He makes me very happy

TIME LAPSE

Two whole weeks. Fourteen days. Three-hundred and thirty six hours. Twenty thousand, one hundred and sixty minutes. One million, two hundred and nine thousand, six hundred seconds.

That’s how long it has been since I’ve seen Nick.

I wasn’t used to doing so much, I felt like my body was about to crash. I’d been all over the country doing promotion for my album and Chanel advertisement. I’d been asked everything that could have been asked, nothing surprised me anymore and I could answer anything off the top of my head speedily. Especially questions about Nick.

I still hadn’t admitted I was dating him even though he said I could. Though I doubted today I could keep it in. I was going on the Ellen Degeneres show for my last interview of the promo tour to sing my new single ‘Decoy’ which I was shooting the video for tomorrow. As I said, none stop.

I was wearing a black skirt with straps going over my shoulders like braces but not elastic with a cream blouse under it that had a black bow on the front. I wore a pair of black flats comforted the soles of my feet and Nick’s watched was around my wrist with a gold and white flower petal styled ring.

“Please welcome, Julia Beckham.”

Ugh, I was sick of the sound of my name. I put on a smile and walked around the corner down the steps and back up some to Ellen. I gave her a hug and waved at the cheering audience before sitting down on the single seat.

“Thank you for coming, it’s been a hell of a time for you lately. You’re everywhere!” Ellen exclaimed, “How are you coping?”

“You’ve just got to pick your chin up, wake up whenever you’re told and get on with it. I love doing it even though it wears me out.”

“Right, let’s get straight to the point. How long have you been dating Nick Jonas?” She smiled cheekily as the audience cheered, I couldn’t help but blush. “You’re blushing, don’t deny it!”

“I’m not!” I exclaimed, “I’m just not admitting it either.” I said in a low voice.

“Let’s look at some examples.” The first picture to come up was a one of Nick and I on the beach in the Bahamas. “Exhibit A, vacation to the Bahamas together.”

“My whole family was there! And his were too, we went to see their show. Next.” I smiled, enjoying my self.

The next thing to come up was a picture of us hugging on the golf course, his lips pressed to my head. “Exhibit B.”

“Friends hug don’t they?”

“The kiss?” She enquired.

I smirked. “Friendly. Next.”

The next thing to come up was us at the All American Rejects show against the balcony, our fingers laced. “If you look closely his hands are just hovering over mine.” I lied.

“They are not!” Ellen exclaimed, “You’re holding hands!”

“Friendly.” I mumbled blushing again.

“If you expect me to believe that you two aren’t dating seriously after watching how you two interacted when you performed at the Grammys you have another thing coming.” She paused, “If you answer this question honestly I wont ask you anymore questions about him or his brothers the whole interview.” I nodded waiting for her to ask me the obvious question. “Are you dating Nick Jonas of the Jonas Brothers?”

I simply nodded and the audience cheered. “There.” I sighed and folded my arms over my chest.

“I want to hear you say it.”

“Yes.” I said quickly and sighed.

“Okay, now that we’ve established that lets talk about your album…”

I couldn’t believe after all this time I admitted it. A million things were running through my head as the interview continued. It only lasted ten minutes before my brain kicked into serious mode when she asked about Corrin.

“Yeah, last month I lost my best friend to cancer and it was a really hard time for me. You kind of think ‘it will never happen to me or anyone I know’ then it does and you just don’t know what to do. I kind of secluded my self to my room and my parents would bring me food and I’d eat it just to make them feel better. My Dad worried I would get lonely so he’d sit on my floor not talking just keeping me company. But knowing that I could have done something before hand, because I never knew she had cancer—“

“That must have been hard. Didn’t anyone tell you?” Ellen asked, focusing on me.

“No, she didn’t want anyone to know. Then Nick came over and we talked and I just kept thinking ‘why me?’ and he said ‘why not you?’ which really got me thinking."

“Did Nick help you through it then?”

I nodded, “Definitely, if he wasn’t there I’d probably be a manic depressive or something. He just kept me going and didn’t let me sulk which is what I needed, I needed a kick up the backside. Nick really kept me normal, as well as his brothers. I mean, Joe and Kevin seriously like, I don’t know how to explain it. They just knew when to leave me alone and they listened to me all the time, they’re such amazing boys. But, I’ve always believed everything happened for a reason so instead of moping around I decided to try and find a way to help others. So I called my manager and he thought I was crazy when I asked him if I could give all the money I’d get from my album to charity but I got my own way and that is what’s going to happen.”

Everyone in the audience cheered and I smiled, “All of it?”

“Every last cent I earn from this album and the Chanel shoot is going to cancer research. I’m only sixteen so I don’t need that kind of money anyway. I’m very blessed as it is and I don’t expect anymore than what I have so to be able to help other cancer sufferers and their families pay for treatments is something that brings me a lot of joy.”

Ellen shook her head amazed, “You never seize to stun me with just how down to earth you are. You’ve been brought up in such a whirlwind of money and fame…” She was lost for words, I smiled softly at her, “Your parents are amazing.”

“They are.” I agreed.

We had to cut to the break, Ellen leaned over to me, “Does he treat you well?”

“Exceptionally well.” I answered her smiling, “He makes me very happy.”

TIME LAPSE

Another two days passed and my music video was done. It was basically me and a massive group of people destroying a Wal-Mart then performing in the car park. It was a fun video to shoot but we caused more damage than expected, I was glad it wasn’t my job to clean it all up.

But tonight I would see Nick. The downside, it was at my album release, with lots of cameras and people, including gossipers from magazines and the internet. No touching. I sighed just as the thought. My appearance on Ellen had aired today, too. I had pre-warned Nick via voicemail because he didn’t answer his phone and he hadn’t called me back.

Once I had gotten the carpet out of the way I felt better. Standing and smiling for ages hurt my jaw, I posed with Beyonce and Jay then with my family but mainly I was alone just holding my CD.

I was wearing a long strapless dress that had an embroided bust and it was a goldy cream and a faded green. A pair of heels fitted my feet and a crystal bracelet was clamped around my wrist. My hair was done straight with volume and my make up was plain.

When I got inside I started thanking everyone whilst at all times moving forward to my friend area. When I got there I saw my parents with Katie and Tom, I said hi to them then continued on my journey to find the Jonas’s. I stopped at Beyonce’s and Jay table to give them a hug then I scurried off again thanking people as I rushed past.

When I finally got to their booth I noticed extra additions. Demi, Camilla, Miley, Justin, Selena and Miley’s parents were there too. I gave them all hugs as they shouted over the music unrecognisable words but I could guess what they were saying. Once I had hugged everyone I noticed someone was missing.

I sat down next to Joe and leaned over to shout into his ear, “Where’s Nick?” I asked him loudly.

He leaned over and replied, “He’s at home, not feeling too well.”

My face fell and everyone was looking at me, “Are you fucking kidding me?” I shouted my whole body heating with anger. “He didn’t come!” I exclaimed.

I stood up like a robot and stormed away from the table. I tried to act normal when I walked into my parents booth, “Mum can I see you please?” I shouted, she nodded looking very confused. She followed me to the empty toilets getting someone to stand out the front of them so no one came in.

“What’s wrong love?” She watched me pace back and forth angrily.

“He hasn’t came!” I growled clawing at my neck.

She put her hands on my shoulder to stop me from moving, “Who?”

“Nick!” I shrieked.

“What a cock.” She mumbled.

“I'm so angry. I don’t care if he’s fucking broke his leg or if he has fallen off a cliff! He should be here.” Once I had shouted my self out and barged back outside to go and change.

I changed with a vengeance, tugging my clothes around like I was bitch fighting with them. Once I was changed into my yellow batman shirt, pink skirt and black sequin converse I grabbed the microphone from its stand at the side of the stage and walked out.

I put all I had into the performance. It was fuelled by cola and pure rage. I jumped around the stage and danced like I wasn’t even being watched. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and despite the circumstances I was too.

I went to sit with on the Jonas booth and I squeezed in-between Kevin and Miley. “You know what you should do?” Miley said grabbing my attention, I turned my head toward her. “Go to his room at like six in the morning and wake him up in the most evil way possible.”

I smirked, “How do I get in?” I challenged.

“Easy, climb up the drainpipe, onto his balcony and in you go. It’s never locked, he lost the key.” She smiled and hugged me. “I would.”

“I will.” I promised, chuckling along with her.

TIME LAPSE

Miley failed to remind me how tall their house was, going up the drainpipe was the hardest part. I clutched onto the railing of the balcony and pulled my self off. Swinging my legs over the balcony, I rolled onto the floor and grinned to myself. Everything I needed had been attached to a rope. I began pulling it up praying that it wouldn’t fall.

It didn’t.

I pulled the bucket over the edge and began blowing up the balloon. I tied it as quietly as I could then I pulled open his balcony door. If only fans knew that was left open. I chuckled in my head.

I didn’t think he looked cute, I didn’t even ‘aw’. I glared at his sleeping body, one of his legs was over the cover and his right hand rested on his stomach and the other was under his head of hair.

I didn’t look for long. I held the bucket of water in one hand and the balloon and needle in the other. I counted up to four then popped the balloon in his ear, as he shot up I tossed the water over him and dropped the empty bucket on his foot. “What the--?” He shouted sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

I smirked happily. “Morning sunshine, feeling better?” I spat crossing my arms over my stomach.

“What the hell are you doing here?” He asked clearing his throat and rubbing his eyes.

“What the hell were you doing here?” I retorted, “You have no fucking idea how mad I am at you right now.”

“I was ill.” He explained standing up and wringing out his shirt.

“I don’t give a flying fuck. I could be in a hospital bed on life support but I’d still go wherever you needed me if you wanted me somewhere half as much as I needed you last night.”

I turned around and walked back onto the balcony. I peered over the edge wondering if I could land the jump, I cringed as I felt a pair of warm hands worm their way around my waist. I tried to push them off but of course they didn’t budge. His thumbs rubbed the skin that covered my hips and I tried my hardest not to melt under his touch. Nick’s lips grazed my neck causing me to shudder. I quickly sighed and shook my head.

“You need to start kissing my feet not my neck.” I snapped turning around. I forcefully pushed him away from him. He stumbled back and looked at me with curious eyes. I noticed he was wearing no shirt and just some boxers, he must have been freezing but I didn’t let it effect me. “I’m dead serious Nick.”

I climbed over the edge of the balcony and shimmied down the drainpipe and walked back to my car with a frown on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't get many comments last time. I have over 100 subs! Come on, more than four of you should be commenting.

I would like get to over 100 comments by the next update. So, click here to comment

-Rose <3