Exposed In Lights

I was hoping for Mcfly

“And, fetch!” I shouted throwing the ball across the garden. I watched as Hope sped with her long legs so graciously to the ball, she snatched it in her mouth and ran back with it.

This is how bored I had became, and it had only been half a day. I kept my phone in my room on charge so the constant ringing wouldn’t annoy me. I was so desperate to see him I had started blaming my self for me being mad at him, when really that’s not the case.

But, my career was looking up. My album was now number one on the charts and I was going to be touring the UK in two weeks, support acts hadn’t been chosen yet but I knew they wanted the Jonas Brothers to support. I actually laughed, they had practically created my career and now they’re most likely going to be supporting for me. Another band was already on the list, Elliot Minor, they were known in the UK but not majorly. They’re one of my favourite bands.

“Julia!” My mothers voice carried from the house, I stood up and wiped down my jeans. “Gates!”

I guessed who ever was there wasn’t allowed up, ruling out all chances it was Nick. I skipped down to the gates and greeted the press, “Afternoon guys.” I smiled and waved.

There was a young man, probably around seventeen in a uniform holding a bouquet of two dozen roses. “Julia Beckham?”

I nodded and took them from him, I quickly ran back into the house and put them in a vase. “Lover boy ey?” My Mum cooed picking out a card I hadn’t even seen, “I’m sorry a million times, Nick J.” She read out.

I snatched it from her hands and smiled to see those exact words in his neat scrawl. “I’m putting these in my room.”

I took them upstairs to my room and placed them on the window sill. I stared at my phone on the floor before picking it up. I read through the messages, all saying the same things and all the missed calls from Nick. But I had one from Demi, I quickly called her back.

“Hey, took you long enough.” She chuckled, “Fancy coming to dinner with Selena and I tonight?”

“Sure, when and where?”

Once we had sorted everything out I began getting ready. I pinned all my hair to the back of my head and reapplied my make up. I slipped a white vest top over me and then fastened a red skirt around my waist. I hung a gold heart necklace over my neck then buckled up a black leather waist belt which had a gold lion on it. I put on a pair of black suede ankle boots then tossed some money, keys and my phone into a little bag.

My Dad dropped me off at the Dolce and I smiled when I saw there was no press. I kissed his cheek and scurried inside out of habit. A waiter came up to me and immediately led me to my table, I guessed they’d been told I was coming.

I grinned as I saw Nick sat at a table, candle lit with water already poured. Nick stood up and walked around the table, he pulled out my chair for me and I smiled bashfully. Once I was sat down I placed my bag on the floor by my foot

“I should’ve known.” I smirked and he smirked back, “You’re a sly one Jonas.”

“Yeah, well…” He chuckled, “I already ordered.”

“Rude.” I mumbled and looked for a menu.

“I ordered for the both of us.” He laughed.

I smiled, “It’s nice to know you can still order for me.”

“Of course I can.” He boasted glancing behind me then back to me again. “We had a meeting with the label today, we’re your second support act.”

“Damn,” I sighed, “I was hoping for Mcfly.”

He scowled at me, I stuck my tongue out and he laughed. “Tough.”

“I know, it’s a hard knock life.” I said sarcastically.

I stared at him and he stared at me, I drummed my fingers against the table and without moving his eye his hand clamped over mine. I was good at being a nuisance. I smirked and attempted to lift my fingers but to no avail. I leaned down and bit his hand, “Ah!” He exclaimed pulling his hand up to his face.

“That’s revenge for the bite you gave me in the Bahamas.” I let the smug look grace my face, I wanted to hold it back but I couldn’t. I’m British.

“Here are your cheesy garlic with barbeque dip and garlic dip.” The waiter placed a large plate of food in the middle of the table, two small pots of dip on either side of it and two glasses of coke with triangles of ice in it. “If you need anything else just give me a shout, my name is John.”

I watched him disappear and noticed Nick hadn’t touched the food. He was waiting for me too. I smiled and picked up a piece, dunked it in the garlic and took a bite. Nick smiled and grabbed a piece, dunked in it in barbeque and began to eat too.

I moaned in delight, “You are officially forgiven.”

“The key was garlic bread. Nice and cheap.” He smiled and took another bite of what he considered a ‘success’.

TIME LAPSE

“Thanks again.” I said to Nick as we stood at my door.

“I’m not done apologising yet, be ready with Brooklyn for ten.” He swiftly kissed my lips then jogged off before I could get the chance to talk.

The next morning I changed into a shirt with a drawing of the Google home page on then pulled on a pair of shorts that had braces on, I slipped on a pair of black converse and a Nick’s watch. I swung a black bag over my shoulder and let it hang at my hip, I slipped a pair of sunglasses into my tied back hair and headed downstairs with a smile on my face.

The smile grew larger when Nick appeared in my kitchen with Frankie and Brooklyn sat either side of him drinking orange juice with PSPs in front of them. He stood up and strode over to me, I wrapped my arms around his neck and stood on my tip toes.

“Good morning.” I placed my hand over his cheek and stretched a bit more to kiss him.

I went back down onto my feet and he kissed my forehead. “A day of roller coasters sound okay to you?”

“Six flags?” I gaped at the leaflet on the counter, “Lush!”

He smiled, “I knew you’d like it. Now, lets go!” He clapped his hands and the boys jumped down from the stools and ran outside. “We have a security around the park, we’ll be fine.”

I wrapped my arm around his waist and he placed his over my shoulder, I lifted my hand up to hold his just as we walked to the car. I climbed into the black tinted SUV and sat down in a single seat by the window. Nick sat on the three seated to the left of me and pouted. I rolled my eyes and moved next to him.

“Your iPod is better than mine.” He said taking it out of my bag.

I gasped, “Using me? How selfish.” Nick smiled and kissed my cheek then placed an earphone into my ear. He chose a song called ‘I’m Ready’ by Jacks Mannequin.

I smiled and laughed most of the way there but once we were there I had to focus, two sixteen year olds with two kids under ten in an amusement park is dangerous never mind being famous. Brooklyn had to hold my hand and Frankie had to hold Nick’s when the crowds started getting wild. “Julia, can we go in that store?” Brooklyn asked.

“Sure,” We headed over there and began looking for things, the kids ran off with each other to find things to buy while security tried to clear out the shop. “Oh my god, yo-yo’s!” I said gleefully.

I picked a red one out of the bowl and put my finger in the hole, I tried and failed to do it. Nick chuckled at my failed attempt. “You’re so lame.”

“I haven’t done this for years, shut your face.” I snapped and finally got a good rhythm going. I smiled as I watched it move up and down.

“That it?” Nick teased. Cheeky sod. I stopped the yoyo then wrapped it back up, I held it out in the palm of my hand and he took it boldly. I watched him as he flipped the yoyo around like a pro.

“Show off.” I huffed and walked over to my brother who stood with numerous toys, “Let’s get these paid for then.”

TIME LAPSE

Nick and I were having Nick and Julia time in his room. After a hectic day I was just chilling in his room in a pair of his jeans and his grey hoodie, he wore a white vest and a pair of red basket ball shorts. I cuddled against his torso and he laid his head on mine.

“So, he got sent off for flicking his leg up?” Nick asked.

“He did it purposely, it’s in the rules to be a red card. We didn’t score but lost on penaltys and everyone thought we could have won if my Dad was playing. He was public enemy number one.” I explained, remembering.

“That’s a bit harsh.”

“That’s how much Britain is into football. People were throwing toilet paper at him when he took corners, they held up signs saying ‘David Beckscum’. He really didn’t deserve it. But in the next world cup he saved himself, that’s when people started the saying ‘bend it like Beckham’ because when he took the free kick he kicked up so it swerved over the wall and then curled into the corner of the net mid-air.” I smiled, I liked to boast about my Dad, I was very proud.

“He’ll have to teach me—”

Nick had stopped talking because we were suddenly in blackness, outside was dark too. “Power cut.” I told him and sat up, he got up from the bed and walked over to the window.

“The whole of Toulca Lake is out.” He sighed and began rummaging around.

I gasped when the beam of a stricken match shot up then died down, he held the long candle and walked over to me. I was momentarily stunned by the way he looked in candle light, I slipped my hand into his and let him lead me down the stairs. I noticed Joe was coming out of his room with a candle too.

“Mom have you called the electric board?” I heard Kevin ask as we stepped into the living room, Paul was light numerous candles on the coffee table and the ones around the room were lit too.

Nick grabbed a Nemo blanket and wrapped it around our shoulders, we simultaneously fell back onto the sofa and laughed. I cuddled up to him as every began to settle down in the warm room that would soon go cold. Nick reached into his pocket and pulled out an iPod, he sighed when he discovered the battery had died.

A car pulled up outside momentarily shedding some light into the room before sending back into the weak light of the candles. Through the door came Maya who looked around, “Silly power.” She sighed and plopped down next to Joe who shared his blanket in a brotherly fashion. “Hey Jules.” I gave her a little wave.

“How about some music guys?” Densie suggested walking through the door with two acoustic guitars in hand. She tossed one to Kevin then handed one to Nick.

“Julia, why don’t you play us something?” Nick smiled handing me the guitar and a pick.

I shrugged and took the guitar from his hands and strummed it. I glanced around the room and saw Maya with a video camera, “Are you recording?”

“Sure, youtube videos.” Joe smirked.

I ran through songs in my head and landed on a song by Mcfly from 2007 called ‘All about you’. I cleared my throat then began strumming.

“It’s all about you, It’s all about you baby. It’s all about you. It’s all about you. Yesterday you asked me something I though you know, so I told you with a smile. It’s all about you. Then you whispered in my ear and you told me to, said you make my life worth while.”

Nick took over swiftly, “And I would answer all your wishes if you asked me to, but if you deny me one of your kisses don’t know I’d do.”

Joe butted in, “So hold me close and say three words like you used to do. Dancing on the kitchen tiles, it’s all about you.”

I began the acoustic solo with a big grin on my face, I didn’t know they even knew the song or the band. Then we all broke out together, “And, I would answer all your wishes if you ask me too. But if you deny me one of your kisses don’t know what I’d do, so hold me close and say three words like you used to do. Dancing on the kitchen tiles, said you make my life worth while. So I told you with a smile…”

“It’s all about you.” They let me finish the song unexpectedly; I smiled at everyone and put the guitar back down.

We chatted and played games for the next hour, with the occasional song that I would play and they would sing for. It was nice, not having electricity brought everyone together more easily. Sometimes I think we shouldn’t even have the thing, and then most families would be as strong as the Jonas’s.

“Eye spy with my little eye…” Joe said kicking off a round of eye spy.

Denise won most often, she knew every little detail about the house and often waited until most of the options had been said. Joe went for obvious choices when he got his turn, he chose things such as ‘floor’ and ‘wall’.

“You look tired.” Nick said quietly, putting his hand on the side of my face. I look up at him lovingly and he swiftly returned that love with a sweet kiss. He tapped my button nose with his finger making me smile. “Do you want to go to sleep?”

I shook my head and placed his hand on my knee, I picked his fingers up one by one and watched them snap back onto my leg, “I’m good.” I said letting out a breath as I spoke.

But of course he was right, my eyes drooped as I watched his fingers move against my knee, and I finally fell to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorrrrrry! I've re-written this loads because it kept getting wiped off the computer. I know it's extremely late and I'm really sorry.

Can you find it in your heart to comment? :)

-Rose