Exposed In Lights

Obviously

I followed Nick up the stairs with a piece of flapjack in my hands. I chewed on it and pushed loose crumbly bits in my mouth with my little finger. I looked at the last piece that was in my hands then stopped Nick when he went to open his door, he turned around and opened his mouth. I fed him the flapjack and he pushed the door open.

While Nick rummaged around in his room I sat on his floor with one of his acoustics on my knee, I started strumming a song I recently picked up. “Trying to decide, trying to decide if I really wanna go out tonight. I never used to go out with out you, not sure I remember how to.” I sand quietly then stopped playing when I noticed Nick gazing at me from the bed.

“Carry on.” He smiled, he knew I didn’t like him watching me but I carried on because he asked me.

“Gonna be late Gonna be late
But, all my girls gonna have to wait 'cause
I don’t know if I like my outfit
I tried everything in my closet

Nothin feels right when I’m not with you
Sick of this dress and these Jimmy Choos
Takin them off 'cause I feel a fool
Trying to dress up when I’m missin you
Imma step out of this lingerie
Curl up in a ball with something Hanes
In bed I lay
With nothing but your T-shirt on.”

I stopped there then just began randomly strumming unknown melodies. After a few minutes of the peaceful mood I stopped playing and propped his guitar against the wall. Nick pushed the laptop off his lap then shut it, he opened his arms for me with a smile. I skipped over with a bright smile that made him laugh. I jumped onto him and he hugged me tightly.

“Little peach.” He said into my ear then let me go, I crossed my legs under me and watched him.

“What’s on your mind?” I asked tucking some hair behind my ear.

“You.” He smiled, “I got you something.”

He reached into the drawer beside his bed and pulled out a black velvet box. My heart race increased as he opened the box to reveal a platinum ring with glistening vertical diamonds in the shape of rectangles embedded in it. “A promise ring.” I whispered, my eyes followed his ring as he picked it up and took my right hand.

“This, is my promise to you that I will always be there for you. Whether that is as you boy friend or as your friend. Either way, I refuse to leave you.” Nick pushed the ring onto my right ring finger, I stared at it for a while before finally lifting my head up to gaze at Nick.

“I love it.” I smiled and kissed him, “And you, forever.” He smiled and kissed me.

TIME LAPSE

Packing for tour was never the most exciting thing in the world. I had my Mum pick out my clothes for me so I didn’t have to worry about it, but I still had to pack things to entertain my self with.

When I came home the day Nick gave me the ring it was all questions from my family and friends, I explained calmly and they finally got used to the fact Nick and I were that serious they went back to their lives and we went back to rushing around. Rehearsing happened constantly, everyday. The set list was sorted with a few covers in there too. I had two stage outfits which consisted of bright leggings and the black dress I wore on the album cover. Then after the opening song I change into shirt with slogans of my choice on and a black skirt too, keeping what ever color leggings I chose to wear that night but I wore some black converse instead of heels. I did three songs with the boys; On the lne, Live to Party and Nick and I played a duet of 'Lucky',

I wanted to play it safe and go for smaller venues but no, the Jonas boys (minus Nick) were pushing for bigger stages and more pyro. I was glad I listened to them, I had sold out all the arenas already. I was shitting my self. But I still had a week off with the band and boys to get prepared.

Right now I was driving myself to rehearsals for one final time. My stage was basic, no fancy things but it did had a giant blow up leopard behind the drum riser, my entrance was me being lowered from the ceiling on a swing and I had a very long cat walk that widened at the end to the full length of the arena.

I was in lazy clothes, a pair of grey men’s lounge pants, a navy blue tank and Nick’s grey jacket. I wore a comfy pair of vintage blue and white Nike Air Jordans because I would be running around a lot trying to get things organized.

As soon as I stepped out of the car a camera was on me, they were documenting everything I did. “Today is the last day of rehearsals, I’m excited, you’re excited,” A dog barked behind me, “Dogs are excited! Let’s go, I’m late.”

I ran into the large warehouse type studio where the real sized stage was set up. I jumped up onto the edge of the cat walk and pushed my self up. I took a run and did a cartwheel then two back handsprings until I stopped at the microphone.

“Bravo!” Shaun shouted from the floor where he sat with come school work in front of him.

“School work?” I laughed, “Boo for you.”

He flipped me off then went back to scribbling down things about Evacuation for his History coursework. I grabbed my white microphone from it’s matching white stand and switched it on, “Am I alive?” My voice bellowed through the large building, echoing off the walls. “Great.” I said bluntly. “Stop doing school work, time to rehearse.” I told my band and skipped around the stage.

“We’re going.” Tom mumbled pulling in his guitar.

I turned to the camera and licked it, the camera man chuckled and wiped it. “Attractive much?” Emma chuckled and strummed her guitar.

“You’re my type of guy I guess if I was stuck in East-Northumberland High for the rest of my life.” I sung into the microphone in a random out burst. “What song are we doing?” I jogged to the side of the stage where I got hooked up to my ear piece.

“Let’s kick it off with We Are The Young.” Shaun suggested giving me his guitar, he took his place behind keys and started playing the introduction.

We ended up running through most of the set list then we chilled out and waited for the boys to come. I was sweating from doing so much exercise, maybe I should hit the gym? I let myself fall back against the cold floor of the stage that cooled my skin. When I heard the door open I turned my head towards the beam of sun light and smiled at the three recognizable figures.

I sat up and cringed as my skin peeled from the floor unattractively. “You’re late!” I scolded them as the strutted down the cat walk.

Everyone began getting back into positions to run through ‘On the Line’ and ‘Live to Party’ I danced around more to ‘Live to Party’ than any other song on the whole set list. It’s just a song you have to dance to, even when I listen to it on my iPod I dance in my seat.

“We were out on the floor, yeah we danced the night away!” Nick sung, I ran over to him and danced around like a goon causing him to laugh.

I chuckled and grabbed my microphone and began to sing the chorus with Joe, harmonizing perfectly. Joe threw his arm over my shoulder and smiled down at me, he tapped my cheek childishly and kissed my forehead lovingly. I grinned at him and jumped around until the song finished.

“Live-to-party!” We all shouted then the song droned out.

“Live for Starbucks! Anyone coming?” Emma shouted and a groan of ‘cant be arsed’ headed her way. “Julia?”

“Why not, I need to change though.” I switched off my microphone.

I quickly changed into a pair of shorts and a long tank which had a dream catcher on it, I put on some brown sandals then shoved my iPhone into my pocket leaving the Blackberry with my manager, Alex.

When I stepped back out I noticed everyone was now ready to leave, I guessed we’d changed our plans. “To the park!” Ashleigh shouted sprinting down the cat walk, jumping off the edge and then disappearing out the door before we got a chance to take a step.

I laughed at her and slipped on a pair of Wayfarers and climbed into the back of Kevin’s Hybrid. When we got to the park we all walked in a large group and no one was bothered in the slightest, I guessed we looked… normal. I couldn’t help but smile.

Ashleigh, Emma and Shaun went to get us all an ice cream each and we sat in a huddled group on the grass. I sat in between Nick and an empty space where Ashleigh was sat. I chuckled as Joe threw a handful of grass in his face, “I come baring sweet gifts!” I heard Emma shout, she handed Nick, Tom and I an ice cream and then sat down in the space left.

I licked the vanilla ice cream and sighed, “Yum.” I smiled.

“Hey Julia?” Nick said, I turned to look at his bright and happy face. “You have ice cream on your…”

“Where?” I asked rubbing my mouth.

He lifted his hand, “Just…” He suddenly lifted his right hand up and shoved his ice cream on my nose. “A little all over your face.”

I gasped at him and scowled, “Ah!” I screamed as I felt more ice cream hit me in the side of the face.

I got my ice cream and launched it back at him, then it all exploded. Ice cream was flying everywhere, I walked over to Joe with my ice cream and shoved it on his nose when he wasn’t looking. Then I hit the bottom of the cone smashing it on his face, he laughed loudly as I scurried behind Nick who was throwing some ice cream at Tom, he skillfully blocked it with a massive grin.

Once the ice cream was all gone I picked out some cone from my hair the licked Nick’s cheek, he scrunched up his face but smiled at me and kissed my cheek. “Wanna go for a walk?” He asked standing up, I nodded and he helped me up.

I jumped up and balanced on the thin brick wall, Nick grabbed my hand and steadied me. “So, when’s the ‘Video Girl’ shoot?” I asked him as I looked down at my feet.

“Two days, we have tomorrow off.” He fell silent and looked up at me, I gave him my ‘tell me’ eyes and he smirked, “I want you to be in the video.”

I laughed, “Seriously? What’s the concept?”

“Stuck up teenage girls with their heads too far up their arse.” He chuckled and so did I, “You’d be playing Joe’s girl friend, Meaghan is in the video and so is Demi.”

I stared forward at the trees, “Who’s playing your girlfriend?” I asked cautiously. I was always a jealous person, but I tried to cloud it other but I was also a bad actress.

“Jealous?” Nick teased, I shoved his shoulder as I jumped off the wall to his side. “Meaghan.” He replied.

I’d only met her briefly, I’d be watching her like a hawk. Nick and I simultaneously spun around and began walking back. “Race you.”

Nick and I took off in a race automatically. I loved to run, just the feeling of my muscles stretching and speeding across the Earth as fast as I could. Even when I pushed my self like this Nick still beat me. He had stronger muscles and longer legs but I was more agile so we were close, he beat me by a fraction.

“Owned.” He smirked and patted my back as I tried to catch my breath.

When I stood up straight I noticed my band had gone and Kevin and Joe were stood, keys in hand, waiting for us. “Rude.” I mumbled.

“Let’s go.” We all walked in a line towards the car and I turned to Kevin who was spinning his keys around his right fore finger.

I smiled innocently, Nick rolled his eyes noticing what I was up to. “Kev…”

“Julia...” He mimed with a smile.

“Can I dri—”

“Nope.” He answered sharply.

I pouted and we stepped into the car park. Paparazzi hung around in masses and so did fans, I groaned and we got into a formation of Kevin, Nick, me and then Joe. They crowded around and some of the kinder press were at the front luckily so they pushed everyone back and acted like security.

Kevin and Nick took the front seats and Joe held open the door for me, I climbed in quickly and Joe followed. We were quiet so Kevin could focus on not ramming over any paparazzi that crazily ran in front of the car. “I’m sorry guys.”

Embarrassment gushed over me, I wished that the press would just give then their space. They used to respect me but now it doesn’t matter to them, or me. The only time I wished they would not crowd me is when I’m with the boys, they deserve better than that.

“It’s fine.” Kevin quickly assured me.

“Let’s go to my house and relax by the pool, maybe play some tennis.” I suggested and they all agreed.

“I’ll stop off at ours so we can get some clothes, can we shower at yours?” Kevin asked.

I nodded, “Of course.”

I stayed in the car when they gathered their stuff and Nick came in the back with me. I lay across his lap, twisting my body so the lap belt was uncomfortably digging into my hip. He twisted my hair around his finger and ran his fingers through it distracting me from the pain.

“To Beckingham Palace!” Kevin said as he pulled up in out drive way, the steel gates closed behind him and we all clambered into the house.

We all took individual showers and I changed into a black padded bikini and put on a grey American Eagle cap. I noticed none of the boys had finished but I knew they had more ice cream on them than I did. I opened the fridge and grabbed a red bull after staring at the contents, I felt a bare torso press against mine and a set of arms weave around my stomach.

The familiar lips pressed to my neck and I smiled, I cracked open the Red Bull and took a sip then held it out behind me for Nick. He let me go and followed me out into the garden still drinking my energy.

I picked my phone up from the floor and lay across a sun bed. I scrolled through my contacts until I landed on Miley, I invited her over and she told me she would call Demi and Justin to see if they wanted to come. If it wasn’t going to be just Nick and me then there was no point in not inviting them.

Joe and Kevin ran in the garden shouting then ran straight into the pool not even bothering to jump, it was hilarious. They both shook their heads like dogs when the surfaced and smiled at Nick who jumped in and joined them, I slipped on my sun glasses and watched them mess around like general boys. Joe had brought out my iPod docking station so I put that on shuffle and ‘Pas De Cheval’ by Panic at the Disco came on. I danced about and they laughed at me.

The doorbell echoed through the house so I took off in a run to the door, I launched over the step and slid in front of the door. When I opened the door, Miley, Demi and Justin all hugged me at once. All of us girls sat on the grass and the boys played in the pool and battered a multi colored ball between them selves.

“So, touring with Nick huh?” Demi teased and nudged me with her elbow.

I held my hands up with a smile. “Not my idea.”

“But you’re happy about it.” Miley grinned and tapped her cheek with her luminous pink painted finger nails.

“Obviously.” I smirked and snapped my head to the left to the fence. I stared at it positive I saw something move.

Miley and Demi looked at where I was staring, “What?” Miley asked squinting her eyes.

“I thought I saw someone.” I told them in an unsure voice, I continued to look at the top of the fence and in the trees. “Nick!” I shouted.

“Justin!” Miley shouted soon after, they boys got out the pool and rushed over, “Julia thinks she saw someone over the fence.”

“That’s a pretty high fence though, could they even get up to get over.” Justin asked looking at it.

I stood up and Nick took a bold stance in front of me. “Are you sure—“

A lens momentarily appeared over the fence and then disappeared, “There!” I shouted pointing.

“Come on, inside.” Kevin said leading Demi, Joe, Justin and Miley inside.

I slowly began making my way to the security phone that was in a steel box on the side of the house. I pressed the red button that said ‘breach’ and then walked back over to Nick who was attempting to reach the top of the fence but failing by around two feet.

We listened carefully as we heard secrity hold down the ignorant and inconsiderate paparazzi and then the noise of hand cuffs clicking in place ran to my ears. “You’re under arrest for trespassing.” Nick and I faintly heard, we glanced at each other then he took my hand and led me back in the house.

When we stepped into the house I heard their voices coming from the cinema room, when we entered they had gotten pop-corn and sweets and the menu for House Bunny was up.

“Movie time!” Joe shouted and clapped.

I chuckled and took my seat on the front row with Nick beside me, the film began and this was a perfect setting for a perfect group of friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I know this is late but school comes first people. Sorry! I'm on half term week now so there should be more coming.

And you can comment here. Please take the time to do it, I love to know people enjoy my work. Criticism is also welcomed, seriously.

- Rose