Exposed In Lights

Bring it on Britain

Though I couldn’t really open my eyes, I could hear what was going on around me. It was a slight bit fuzzy at times. I wonder if they knew I could hear them. I tried to talk but I was just too tired, my body just shut down much to my reluctance. I could still feel too so when Nick was slapping my face gently to keep me awake I wanted to laugh, but I couldn’t because I was too tired. Everything was tiring.

“Mom!” Nick screamed. Footsteps quickened down the corridor, Denise was wearing heels from what I could hear. She knelt down beside me and pressed her hand to my head, “What’s wrong with her?” Nick cried.

The next thing I knew I was air born, the arms I were in were unfamiliar but from the voice I could tell it was Paul. I was carried into the lift then as soon as we got to the lobby I heard running footsteps. “How long has she been like this?”

Someone pulled open my eye lids and shone a light into them, I couldn’t see, when they closed my eye lids colours swirled around against the black back drop. “Around five minutes, she told me she had a headache a-and that she was tired. She said she wanted to sleep.” Nick’s voice was shaking.

The floor was cold against my back and bare arms. I was sticking to it because of my clammy skin too. I was lifted again but placed on a nylon material, my skin welcomed it. I felt like I was flowing so easily through the air, then I realised I was being pushed.

When I got outside I felt like I was on a stage, people shouted things around me but everything was getting fuzzier. “Are you coming in son?”

I wanted to scream for Nick to come with me but my brain was shutting down, sleep was calling and being alert wasn’t going to happen forever. As soon as his hand was in mine that was it, he’d relaxed me and I fell to sleep.

It was a dreamless sleep though, just blackness. It was pleasant, peaceful. I don’t know how long I was asleep for but I never felt that hand leave mine. I was so sure he never left me because I felt him sleep next to me, someone was asleep on the other side of me too though I couldn’t tell who it was.

The first thing that hit me when I woke up was the sweet smell in the air, I always loved hospitals. The next thing I realised was that my throat was really dry and I had tubes around my face and up my nose, obviously supplying me with oxygen. I opened my eyes to the well lit room, I wasn’t blinded but my eyes took a moment to adjust. I looked to my left to see Nick asleep beside me and then to my right where I saw Brooklyn hugging my waist.

“Hey.” Someone whispered, I looked to the side to see my Dad. I gave him a small smile and nodded to the glass of water beside him, he reached over to it then held it to my lips. I took a gulp and he took it away. “You okay?”

“Now I am.” I whispered to him, “How long have I been out?”

“Nine hours, you’ve slept through the night well. It’s seven now.” He told me after checking the gold watch on his wrist, “Brooklyn wouldn’t leave, even though he hates hospitals. Your Mum is at the hotel with the boys, he hasn’t left and his family are at the hotel sleeping too.”

I turned my head to look at Nick, he looked most unattractive. His hair was not in its usual place but all over, his eyes were a dark purple and he had some drool in the corner of his mouth.

The nurse wandered into the room in a navy blue uniform, “Morning.” She said quietly, “How are you feeling?”

“Much better.” I smiled at her as she walked over to me and checked my pupils.

“You seemed fine to me, open up.” I opened my mouth and she placed a thermometer under my tongue then pulled it out a few moments later. “Your temperature is back to normal, I think we can take this off you now.”

She tugged the plastic tube out my nose and lifted it over my head and hung it up behind my head rest railing. “Thank you so much.”

“It’s fine sweetie, it’s my job. You should be free to leave soon; we just need to have the doctor check you over.” She took my clip board from the pocket on the bottom of my bed, scribbled some things down on it then left, “Your breakfast will be here at eight.”

When the door closed it jolted Brooklyn awake, I clenched my jaw as he sat up and rubbed his eyes, “Hey bro.”

He smiled widely at me and hugged my waist again, “I’m so happy you’re okay.”

“Aw.” I chuckled and hugged him then felt his stomach grumble, “You hungry?” He chuckled and nodded, “Dad, take him to the cafeteria.”

Brooklyn rolled off the bed and my Dad took him for food, the next thing to do was get Nick awake. I turned my head to look at his sleeping figure, I pondered how to wake him then placed my right hand on his left cheek. His skin was still soft and smooth, I ran my fingers across it and then grazed my thumb over the purple marks under his eyes.

They fluttered open showing me his bark brown eyes, my lips curve up into a small smile and then his did. His hands gently captured my face then he pressed his lips to mine ever so softly. When he pulled away he tucked his face into my neck, I placed my hand in his hair and began putting it all in place. Once he was finished he lifted his face from my neck and kissed me again.

“Do you think I should get a tattoo?” I asked him.

Nick smiled joyfully, “What would you get?”

I looked at my right hand then stuck out my forefinger. “I’d get, ‘Shhh’ then a few dots on the inside of my finger. And a heart on the bottom of my middle finger, there…” I pointed and drew it out.

“I think that would be cool.” He took my hand delicately in his. He looked at my white hospital gown and lifted it up, he gazed at my bare body minus my underwear and then let it fall again, “Mmm, can we keep this?”

I gasped and smacked his arm with a smile, “You can keep me, is that enough?”

“More than.” He grinned and kissed me again. “I love you.”

“I loaf you too.” I kissed his lips and he laughed.

His fingers pushed my fringe from my face, “Loaf?”

“Loaf.” I confirmed, “My hair is so greasy.” I ran my fingers through my blonde fringe then pushed it back away from my face. “Lardness.”

“Lardness.” He chuckled and kissed my hair. I waited for him to cringe, he held it for five seconds before wiping his lips. “Pleasant.”

“A shower sounds so nice.” I let out a long exasperated breath and tossed the sheet off me. “I’m off to change out of this gown.”

I swung my legs over the side of the bed, “Stop, wait til I get there.” Nick shot around to my side of the bed then held out his hand, “M’lady.”

I chuckled and stood up, I wobbled for a bit but managed to stable my self with Nick’s help. I spun around to where a pile of clothes were folded on a wooden chair. Nick wolf whistled behind me, “You have a very peachy bum.”

I shook my hips and laughed. He lay back down on my bed as I changed into the outfit my Mum had brought me. She’d obviously acknowledged I’d want to be comfortable and had chose a teal jumper with white clouds on it, a pair of black leggings, some pink converse and some pink cupid fake glasses to accessorize. I grabbed my promise ring and watch from the white cabinet beside the bed and put them on too. I toed all my hair back into a pony tail on the high back of my head and dabbed on some powder.

A knock on the door sounded and a lady came in with a tray of food, “Here is your breakfast.”

“Thanks.” I smiled and grabbed a piece of toast then immediately took a bite of it. She smiled one more time, “Can I leave?”

“Your Dad is signing you out now.” My smile widened.

“Thanks for all your help.” I gave her a hug.

“You’re welcome, have a safe trip home!” Then she disappeared again.

I began checking the room for anything I might have left, but Nick pushed me back down to sit on the bed. “Take it easy, you’ve just been taken into hospital for exhaustion, running around isn’t the best idea.”

I watched him gather up my things into a black back pack then put it over his shoulder. I stood up and walked over to him, I threw my arms around his neck and smiled up at him. His arms wound my torso and he kissed my forehead.

“You’re forgiven by the way.” I giggled and kissed his nose.

Nick smiled down at me, “Thank you.”

The door pushed open and my Dad poked his head around the door frame, “Let’s go then kids.”

Nick took my hand and we walked down the corridors, my Dad and Tank walked in front of us and Brooklyn held onto my Dad’s hand. As soon as we rounded the corner to the exit Nick and I dropped each others hands because we could see paparazzi pressed against the hospital gates. A black SUV was parked outside so we hurried into that towards the hotel.

I cuddled up to Brooklyn in the car, who seemed more tired that I was, and leaned against Nick who stroked my hand in an idle state as he stared out the window. He’d occasionally kiss my cheek or forehead, it was nice and comforting. When we arrived at the hotel paparazzi and people were behind barriers, I walked straight inside with a small smile on my face mainly because Nick had his hand on the small of my back.

We silently went up to my hotel room where I was greeted by my Mum and brothers and Nick’s family. My Mum and Denise had packed up my hotel room as we were flying home later in the day. My Dad took my brothers out so I could relax a bit more but the Jonas’s and my Mum stayed in my room with me.

“Julia, I think you need to get out of L.A for a few days.” My Mum said looking at me then at Denise who smiled at her, “Denise and Paul have agreed that you could go to their home in Texas with them for four days, L.A isn’t what you need right now.”

I looked at Denise, “You’re more than welcome Julia. We want you to relax. This has shaken us all and we care for you too much to let you go back to L.A.”

“Okay, I’ll go peacefully. Thank you.” I stood up and gave Denise and Paul a hug then went and sat back down. “Well, let’s go and catch this flight.”

Time Lapse

The mansion in Texas didn’t seem like a home that the Jonas family would have. They were all so far apart from each other, it seemed too big. But as soon as you stepped inside it had Denise Jonas all over it. From the wooden interior to the chandeliers and mahogany tables, everything seemed to specific and cosy. Though old fashioned, it didn’t creep me out because of every modern thing in it.

A large rectangular swimming pool, a games room with personalised pool table, cinema room, six bedrooms all with ensuites; everything any one could want. It was very extravagant and so perfect for Denise, especially the kitchen.

The boys and their parents had gone out to do some shopping, leaving me in the house for an hour while they good food to stock up with. I decided to make my self busy and do the washing up and to tidy up the garden. I wore a bright orange dress with a scoop neck that was donned with numerous jewels, a pair of suede navy blue flats, my usual jewellery and a pair of brown aviator shades.

I’d washed and dried the pots, it took me a while to find where they all needed to be but I did it eventually. I walked out into the beaming sun light, the green grass was cut short with small plants boarding the pool and many flowers on the far back fence. The pool had a small basket ball hoop on the left edge for games and on the right was a small diving board. To the left of it was a deck with a lounge sofa and a barbeque with a wooden frame over the top of it.

Four lounge chairs sat at the side of the pool, I straightened them out and began putting the white sheets on the cushions that bedded them. Once I was happy they were done I strolled around the edge of the pool and across the soft grass to lean against the fence and gaze at the golf court.

I was glad I came, it was very relaxing already. I was suddenly happy I had already unpacked into the guest room or else I’d be worrying about that instead of relaxing. I watched a golf buggy ground to a halt, four old men climbed out of it and two young men grabbed their bags from the back and handed them the gold clubs they needed. I wish I could golf.

I was so lost in my thoughts I didn’t hear the car pull up outside the house. It was either that or I was too far away but I didn’t know they were back until I heard Nick call my name.

I turned around with a smile and waved at him, he jogged over to me then slowed down once he got next to me. I turned 90 degrees to look at his glorious face as the sun shone on it, I slipped my arms around his neck and he pulled me close to him. I buried my face into his neck and kissed the skin that smelt of faded Polo Black.

He pressed his lips against my shoulder and I smiled. The love he made me feel was so strong, like no other. I played with the locks of hair at the nape of his neck in fascination. “I love you.” I told him.

I felt his lips peel away from my shoulder when he lifted his head, he gently laid his hand on my left cheek and leaned in. when his lips touched mine it never seemed to amaze me how I could never get sick of kissing him, even after all this time.

“I’m glad we have this time together.” I nodded in agreement and kissed him with a smile.

“Stop kissing and come play in the pool with us!” Joe shouted. I heard the splash of him jumping into the pool followed by a smaller one in the form of Frankie.

I looked back to Nick and slipped my hand into his, we wandered back into the house, getting splashed by Joe and Frankie, and separated to get changed. My room was down the hall way from Joe but on the opposite side of the mansion from Nick. I wore a yellow Dianne Von Furstenberg bikini and some black Ray Bans Wayfarers, I took off Nick’s watch but kept on my ring and slipped on a pair of black shorts. I grabbed a can of Diet Coke from the fridge then headed outside, I walked over to the large patch of grass and fell back into a crab.

“Ribs!” I heard Joe shout from the pool. I balanced on one hand and covered my stomach to resist flipping him off with Denise and Paul sprawled out on a lounge chair each. “Are you coming in?”

“Yeah!” I called back falling onto the floor out of my crab, I stood up and pulled off my shorts then jogged over to the lounge chairs. I dropped my shorts onto it then took a run and jump into pool splashing Joe, Kevin and Frankie.

Nick came running and screaming then dived into the pool landing with a loud splash. I chuckled and ducked my self under water. Denise snapped some pictures from her seat as we played around, Joe had blown up a beach ball so we were playing water volley ball, but without the net.

“Gimme your foot.” Joe said crouching down with his hands cupped under water, resting on his knee. “Actually, sit on my hands.”

“Why?” I chuckled sitting on his hands.

“I want to see if I can lift you.” He gradually lifted me out the water until I was up to his shoulder. Then he dropped me into the water. I surfaced and laughed, “You’re so light.”

I shrugged, “Fast metabolism.”

“Or the fact you have an odd obsession with healthy food.” Kevin smirked, I playfully glared then swam to the edge of the pool. I pushed my self up on the edge of the pool and sat facing Nick who was walking over to me. He stood with his back to me between my legs and I played with his hair. Nick tilted his head back, his eyes were closed and his lips were puckered, I smiled and leaned down to give him an upside down kiss.

I rested my hand on his collar bones with my arms either side of his neck, “Nicholas…”

“Yes?” He threw his head back again to look at me.

“Nothing, just wanted some attention.” He grinned at me then slipped out of my grasp and jumped from the pool. I looked up at him then to his hands that he held out for me. He pulled me up from the ground and tossed me my shorts, I put them on the followed him into the house, curious as to where he was taking me.

We climbed the wooden stair case and walked straight into the open games room, “Pool?” I chuckled as he set up the game.

“You know how to play?” He carefully took the triangle from around the balls then walked over to the wall and grabbed two pool cues, I grabbed from him with a smile.

I pointed to my self, “British.” He looked at me oddly, “Go to any pub in England you’ll probably find a pool table of some sort.”

“In that case…” He grabbed the square of chalk and rubbed it on the end of his cue then blew on it, “Bring on it Britain.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, lots of comments. Let's see if we can get 10+ before the next one. School has been hectick so I'm sorry this is late.

Comment here!

Leave any questions you want answering in your comment :)