Exposed In Lights

Bora Bora

A spontaneous trip. That’s all it was. Nick and I grabbed our passports, some money, lots of insulin, a backpack of clothes with essentials in and a pair of sunglasses each. We didn’t bother booking tickets; having the power to rent a private plane was helpful though Nick did book a room somewhere, he wouldn’t tell me. Nick, being the sensible one, told his Mum that we were leaving for a long weekend. After a lot of convincing she let us go quietly.

When we landed in Nick’s surprise destination, Bora Bora, we jumped into a taxi and took off for the Pearl Beach Resort and Spa. Nick checked his insulin in the car and drank some apple juice to balance it out.

We gleefully stepped into the reception, holding our backpack on one shoulder. “We have a reservation under Jonas.” He said with a smile.

The lady behind the desk, wearing a name tag reading ‘Lauren’, smiled and tapped away at her computer, “Mr Jonas, one overwater bungalow…” She read out and turned around to face the cabinet where she opened it with a small key and pulled out a key reading ‘B28’ she the gathered some leaflets and printed out a small receipt. “If you would sign here and show me some ID we will be set to go.”

Nick scribbled his signature down and showed her his passport. “Thank you.” He grinned as she handed him the key, “Are what I asked for in the room?”

“They are there, yes. Enjoy your stay. Paul here will take you to your room.”

We followed Paul outside into the beaming sun and through the palm trees. We walked on a deck out into the shallow ocean, the sea was so clear that I could see some stray fish swimming around. The quiet was peaceful, just the sound of chirping birds relaxing in the water was all I heard.

We walked passed numerous decks that branched off leading down to other bungalows. Ours was the final one, the one with the best view that only Nick could grab at short notice.

Paul left us at the foot of the branch and we walked down it, hand in hand, then into the thatched and open bungalow. When I stepped in the thing that hit me was how bright it was though still private. When we walk in you’re in the living room, a small two seated cream sofa sat inviting me in. In the far corner was a television with two remotes sat on top of it. To the right of the room against the south wall was a double bed with one corner folded over with two chocolates on the pillow with a welcome letter at the foot. A door to the left of the bed led to a bathroom with a shower against the back wall and a shower next to it with the toilet in a small room to the right of the bath.

I came out of the bathroom and walked straight over from one side of the room to the other where the deck was. Two lounge beds sat in the shade with a L-shaped sofa in the corner, a ramp led down to a deck that looked out onto a spectacular view. I could see across the still deep blue water to a large dark mountain that dominated the horizon with a stunning blue sky was a back drop. It looked like a perfect photograph that you never think you’d ever get to see, it looked heavenly.

“Is this good enough Nick and Julia time?” Nick asked leaning on the wooden pole next to me.

I looked up at him, admiring the view of him in the sunlight more, “I think this is exactly what we need.”

Nick pulled his hands out from behind his back with a smile, in his hands was a black bikini and a pair of red swim trunks. I smiled and pulled it from his hands then sped to change in the bathroom, I changed into the black bikini and slipped my favoured pair of black Ray Bans Aviators over my eyes. I tightened my pony tail and began gathering my clothes from the floor.

I stepped into the main room where Nick was shoving his clothes into a hidden cupboard I never noticed. It seemed to be a wardrobe. I tossed mine in the top shelf above his and watched him pull his white rimmed Wayfarers over his eyes.

Nick took my hand with a smile and pulled a digital camera from his pocket, I grinned for the picture then pulled him out into the sun. I looked at the view while Nick dragged the sun loungers out the shade, down the ramp and into the sun.

I sprawled out on the soft and relaxing cushion, my muscles relaxed and I closed my eyes as the feeling of beaming sun relaxed me. I opened one of my eyes to see Nick snapping some pictures off me, “What are you doing?” I laughed placing my hand above my eyes, creating a shaded curtain over them.

“Taking pictures of you.” He snapped another one, I stuck my tongue out to the right of my cheek.

I stood up and joined him on his lounger. I lay on my side then hitched my leg over his, his right hand grasped my left that was hanging over his torso. His chest was a welcomed comfort as I rested my cheek on it and looked at the 13 pictures he had taken of me. He snapped some of us together which were mostly candid ones of me just relaxing on him.

Nick lifted his leg up, “What are you doing?” I giggled and pushed my sunglasses up my nose. It was so warm they were sticking to the bridge of my nose from the sweat.

“Itching.” He replied biting his lip as he dragged his nails across his leg.

I shook my head, “No you’re not.” I argued.

“Yes I am, see.” He emphasized his movements.

“No, you’re scratching.” I corrected him with a smirk.

He rolled his eyes at me and let his leg fall back down onto the lounger. “Same thing.” He argued and kissed my moist forehead.

“No it’s not. If you itch and itch you’re just doubling the itch, it’s like water. If I threw a bucket of water over you then you’re be wet but if I threw another bucket over you you’d be more wet so therefore—”

His lips cut me short, I smiled against them and turned so I was able to kiss him properly. One of his large hands rested on my small of my back almost covering it all, I stroked my finger tips one by one down his smooth skin across the marks on his face then across his neck.

The perfect lips moved to my neck where they nipped on the delicate skin under my jaw, his tongue swiped across the sore area then he placed his lips on mine before he could leave a mark. I straddled his waist and looked down at him. His hands roamed my torso until they settled on my bikini bottoms.

I could feel my skin sticking to his as the sun continued to shine, “I can’t believe we did this.” I smiled. The chance of me grasping the fact I had practically ran away to get some peace was zero. I was still trying to grasp the concept I had Nick as a boy friend.

“Well, I think it was a wonderful idea on my behalf. And as much as I love having you sat on top of me,” he sat up and stood up with my still wrapped around his waist, he threw me over his shoulder and walked to the edge of the deck. “I’m a bit too hot.”

He opened the small gate and jumped into the cool water with me in his strong grasp. As the water rushed around my skin I felt immediately better, the mixture of the beaming sun and the cool water was pleasant. Nick kept his arms around me as we stood in the waist deep water.

“I love you, a lot.” I told him with a coy smile. “A lot, a lot.” I repeated leaning my forehead against his. “Lots and lots.”

Nick looked at me with his hypnotizing eyes. “I know. Guess what?” He began to move us around in a circle on the spot.

“What?” I giggled throwing my torso backwards under the water then back up so I was nice and cool again.

“I love you more.”

My grazed my lips over his once more.

Time Lapse

Sharing a bed with Nick was definitely not one of the perks. Of course I loved being close to him but he snores and talks in his sleep and when he’s spooning you it is right in your ear. I did get some sleep because it never usually started until the middle of the night and right now it was directly in my ear.

I slowly picked Nick’s arm up from my waist and dropped it behind my back. Then I propped Nick’s head up with my hand and pushed a pillow in place of my head. He moved around as I rolled off the sponge bed until he was comfortable. I took a moment to admire his sleeping figure in the moon light that shone through the glass doors.

I walked over to the small table in the corner and pulled out a laptop provided by the hotel. Grabbing the phone line, I plugged it into the computer and loaded up my emails, I read through them quickly. Many were from my Mum.

I stared at the words of worry on the screen, they devoured my soul and the need to talk to her grew. I shut the laptop and crept over to the wardrobe that held Nick’s phone, the only one we brought. I took it from his bag and hurried into the bathroom.

I dialled in her number and listened to the ringing noise that seemed to be the loudest thing in the world. Finally, it ended.

“Julia, is that you?” Her painced voice worried me more than I thought it would.

“Yeah it’s me.” I said quietly, “I’m fine.”

“I’m bloody not! I’ve been worried sick! You have no idea how much trouble you’re in?”

I shuddered, “I’m sorry but you have no idea how much I needed this little time with Nick. Wherever we go it’s just people breathing down our necks whether it’s you guys or his family. It was just a spontaneous thing and I’m sorry for not telling you but I’m happy.”

“Have you had sex?”

“No.” I replied immediately, “Haven’t we had this conversation?” She just sighed, “How angry is Dad?”

“He’s been talking about drowning Nick in the pool.”

“Crap.” I rubbed my eyes and sighed, “Mum, it’s the middle of the night. I just wanted to make sure you’re okay and stuff. I love you.”

“Okay sweetie, I love you too and I’ll see you soon. Keep safe.”

"I will." I ended the call and tip toed back into the main room, Nick was sat awake testing his blood sugar. He shoved everything back into his small bag and placed it back on the bedside table.

I crawled next to him and into his bare arms, only his boxers covered him. His warm body felt pleasant as always and I happily sunk into his body. He fell back onto the bed and I pulled the duvet over us letting it wrap around out entwined heap.

“So you caved and rang your Mum?” His voice was hoarse from sleeping, “I don’t blame you.” Nick placed a chaste kiss on my cheek then settled into the pillow.

“Sleep time.” I yawned and settled into sleep mode.

When I woke up the next morning Nick was still asleep beside me. I opened the wardrobe to see the clothes that Nick had requested to be here. I slipped on my bikini from yesterday and then picked out a blue dress with a white undercoat, I tied a band around the waist and then slipped my feet into some flat brown leather sandals. My sandals clipped against the floor when I walked into the bathroom. I ruffled my hair around my face and splashed some water on it to some what refresh my skin.

“Good morning.” I said to Nick who appeared in the doorway. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes then gave me a dozy smile. I brushed my teeth while Nick moved around in the main room, I guessed he was getting dressed. I rinsed my mouth out with some bottled water then strutted into the main room where Nick was checking his blood sugar, again. I couldn't imagine having to do that all the time. I'm very forgettful, my Mum always says I'd forget my head if it wasn't screwed on.

I opened the curtains letting the morning sun invade the once dark room then I opened the glass door to let the fresh air through the stuffy room. I stepped out into the morning sunshine and stood at the edge of the deck looking into the clear water. “Breakfast?” Nick suggested wrapping his arm around my waist.

I nodded. We left the bungalow and strolled down the decking hand in hand. I savoured the moment, this was something that I never thought I’d get to do. The emptiness of resort was the only thing keeping our hands intertwined, considering the early time of the morning it didn’t shock me when I saw the restaurant with no one in it apart from waiters who were still setting up tables though the food was ready.

Nick and I grabbed a plate which were still hot and filled our plates with hot food. I got two slices of toast and covered them with scrambled eggs and beans. I sat down at a table in the centre of the restaurant and began tucking in, Nick soon joined with with a plate of basically everything.

“Hungry?” I laughed scooping some egg into my mouth.

“Well, I usually wouldn’t eat this much but when it’s all in front of me I just want everything so that’s what I got. Everything.” He dragged out the last word and licked his lips then shoved his fork into the mountain of food, collecting up everything on the end and stuffing it all into his mouth.

“I want to get my tattoo, but I have another idea for one and I think I’m going to get it.” I sipped on some orange juice with a smile apparent on my lips. Nick raised his eye brows at me, signalling to continue, “Okay, so it’s going to be a branch with branches coming off it with blossoms on the end, each branch represents something important that happen to me and the blossoms represent people who have effected me and helped me blossom.” I grinned, proud of my idea.

“That’s such a great idea, I think it would look awesome coming diagonally across your back from like one side of your lower back to the opposite shoulder.” I could see Nick was getting carried away, “It’s going to be amazing.”

“Yeah, if my Dad will take me after this…” I giggled finishing off my eggs. “I’m going to get murdered when I get home.”

“What’s the plan for today?” Nick asked wiping his mouth.

“Sun.”

And on that note we stood up, leaving only empty plates and a tip behind us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Double post! Though I don't count the last part as a chapter, :) Thanks to everyone who commented me, it means a lot that you even read my story never mind take the time to comment.

Let's see if we can get up to 312! That's only 10 comments. I'm sure you can do it, I have faith! :)

Let me know what you think.

To comment click here!