Exposed In Lights

Yeah, all better

One Week…

Two Weeks…

Three Weeks…

Four Weeks…

Five Weeks…

Six weeks…


Finally, I was almost done with tour. I didn’t know what I was going to do with my life after this show. They’d given me a full month off to write songs before I set off to record again and it annoyed me. I needed to be kept busy and it didn’t look like I was going to be unless Nick and I sorted our selves out.

But right now I had to focus on my show. I stretched alone in my dressing room surrounded by a room of roses, Nick had gone over board and instead of the regular one bouquet he’d gotten around twenty. His actions made it even harder to ignore his calls, of course I wanted to answer them but I knew it would be worse.

I’d even written a song, I planned on performing it tonight just in case he decided to show up with his brothers who had alerted me they were coming. Just in case I had changed up my outfit. I wore a sailor’s hat that Joe had bought me earlier in the tour, it made me smile. With a pink ruffled skirt over a brown batman shirt with some sequined low star converse that allowed me to run around stage. Nick’s watch dangled around my wrist, I loved wearing it, it was a part of my life now.

A knock on the door sent butterflies through my stomach, the knock signaled my time to take to the stage. As I walked down the corridor, surrounded by my band and crew I was hooked up to my ear piece and got handed my diamond studded microphone; a gift from Jay-Z and Beyonce for my tour.

The stage lights dimmed and I ducked under the stage and onto my lift that slowly brought me up onto the stage as the opening notes to ‘We Are The Young’ played through my ears and the screams and cheers of my fans.

As I sang it didn’t take me long to locate where the reviewers were, front row and centre. Then, I spotted all the celebrities who had came to see me in a private box on the side of the stage upper height, looking down at me. I spotted three brothers and tried to keep my focus which was hard knowing Nick was watching me but it would make singing this song so much harder but it would make me feel better.

I sat in the middle of my cat walk on a stool with my microphone on a stand in front of me. Emma sat next to me, acoustic on her lap. I was handed my guitar which I propped on my thigh and got comfortable.

“Okay, so recently I’ve gone through some stuff and it’s really inspired me and dragged some really good songs out of me. Angry songs, sad songs, funny songs so we’re going to play you two new songs that will be on the new album. This one is a sad and happy song, I’m happy when I sing it so I hope you guys like it. And after this we’ll play a song that we kind of joked around about, when we started to write it, we being my band and I, we were joking around and it came out to be a really fun song. So, this song first song is called ‘Goodbye’ and the second is called ‘Boring’. I hope you like it.” I said into the microphone then strummed gently on my acoustic.

“I can honestly say you've been on my mind
Since I woke up today, up today
I look at your photograph all the time
These memories come back to life
And I don't mind

I remember when we kissed
I still feel it on my lips
The time that you danced with me
With no music playing
I remember the simple things
I remember til I cry
But the one thing I wish I'd forget
The memory I wanna forget
Is goodbye

I woke up this morning
And played our song
And through my tears I sang along
I picked up the phone and then put it down
Cause I know I'm wasting my time
And I don't mind

I remember when we kissed
I still feel it on my lips
The time that you danced with me
With no music playing
I remember the simple things
I remember til I cry
But the one thing I wish I'd forget
The memory I wanna forget

Suddenly my cell phone's blowing up
With your ringtone
I hesitate but answer it anyway
You sound so alone
And I'm surprised to hear you say

You remember when we kissed
You still feel it on your lips
That time that you danced with me
With no music playing
You remember the simple things
We talked til we cried
You said that your biggest regret
The one thing you wish I'd forget
Is saying goodbye
Saying goodbye
Oooh
Goodbye”


I shook off the sad feelings within me and took off my guitar, threw it to Hannah my guitar tech then ran back to the centre of the stage. The opening notes to ‘Boring’ played and I smirked as I sung an arrogant song that made me happier than ever.

But during the whole concert one thing was playing on my mind; I’d be seeing Nick after it.

Time Lapse

I was suddenly thinking my idea of having an after party of my concert was a bad one. I was enjoying my self, yes, but I knew Nick was somewhere in the crowd of people who all buzzed excitedly while I talked to Demi and Alyson.

“Have you spoken to him?” Demi asked, wrapping her mouth around the straw of her coke and slurping some up, looking at me with striking eyes.

I smirked at her and shook my head, “I’m going to go now.”

“Good, show him you’re perfecting fine without him. Amen!” Alyson cheered as we clinked our glasses together.

I squeezed through the crowds over to where the brothers were stood talking amongst themselves. Joe spotted me first and a wide grin crossed his face making my stomach flip but then Nick looked at me and my stomach felt like a flock of birds all of a sudden. Kevin settled me, knowing I had no wrong doing with him and that he was neutral in this whole thing made my night.

Joe stepped in front of his brothers and hugged me tightly, “Whoa, you look stunning.” He smirked and I smiled, picking the material of my dress between my fingers. It was a simple number with a striped top and black skirt paired with some laced up black boots

“Thanks,” I chuckled and turned to Kevin, “Hiya!” I grinned and hugged him. “Did you enjoy the show?” I asked him.

“Yeah, it was amazing. I loved the two new songs.” Kevin smiled so easily, Joe looked a bit tense and Nick, well he had his hands shoved in his pockets but he looked at me all the time, it was nerve wracking.

I played with the black beads around my neck, “Thanks, I’ll see you later.” I gave them a small wave then turned back around and walked away with no destination.

I felt a hand on my arm and stopped to turn and see who it was. Nick’s face shocked me but I kept it calm, trying to ignore the feeling in my gut. We stared at each other until I managed to pull my arm from his grasp. His eyes smoldered me, devouring my soul and body. “Julia, I need your help.”

I sighed, he knew my weak spot. If he ever needed me I’d be there. “What?” I snapped, trying to convince him my charade was real.

“I don’t understand the chemistry I’m doing, about inter something’s.” He shrugged infuriating me at his lack of interest at his education.

I rolled my eyes, “Inter molecular forces.” I corrected him and he smirked.

“Come over tomorrow around one?” He smiled at me, I was putty in his hands whenever he did that.

I gave him a small nod and walked off. My eyes widened at the thought of how he had tricked me into seeing him. I promised my self the one thing I would do while I was there would be helping him with his work. No distractions… though he himself would be the biggest. Just being around him made me shudder with delight. I needed a better distraction, something to keep me going while I’m with him.

A sudden idea came to me. I pulled out my Blackberry and texted Joe;

Want to go for a late lunch tomorrow? Xx

Time Lapse

If I said I wasn’t putting effort in because it was Nick I would be lying. I’d made sure my make up was perfect but not over done, I had my foundation evenly spread across my nude face with only mascara to make my self seem more relaxed and it also made my eyes look brighter to. My outfit had been chosen carefully so that it could match both occasions. I had slipped on a short sleeved Chanel dress that was a deep brown color with three white buttons down the front making it look more vintage, Joe had told me I suited those kinds of clothes. Then I paired it with some bangles, my watch and some white flats.

Driving there was nerve wracking, my white rimmed wayfarers sat on the bridge of my nose still as I walked up the path to their door; paparazzi behind me. I knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer.

My breath hitched in my throat as I took in the sight before me. Joe was stood in a pair of skinny jeans that bagged off his chicken legs, with a white v-neck and a black beanie over the whole of his head pulling his hair away. He had a slight bit of stubble. He looked like a man.

“Whoa, macho man.” I giggled and stepped past him. He closed the door behind me and turned to look at my amused expression. I lifted my hand and stroked the stubble on his upper lip, “I can’t decide if I like it or not.” I chuckled to my self, he playfully battered my hands away.

“I know, haven’t I said before, superman?” He struck a pose and I burst out laughing.

I tapped his head cockily and ran past him into the kitchen where I could hear Denise clattering plates on the kitchen counter. I stepped inside where Paul and Denise were stood chopping up food. “Julia!” She exclaimed with a bright smile, “Thanks for doing this, he’s never struggled this much before.”

“It’s no problem, is he in the study?” I asked her angling my body back towards the door.

“He sure is.” Paul answered with a smile.

I shot them both a smile and headed back out and up the stairs towards the study, I took a deep breath as I stood outside of it then I pushed down the door handle. Nick was sat behind the desk with numerous books around him, one hand in his hair the other tapping a pen against a booklet.

He sent a small smile my way as I walked over to him, filled with confidence. I pulled a chair up beside him and began closing all the books around him. “What are you doing?” Nick exclaimed as I dropped them on the floor, keeping one in front of him.

“Too much going on, restrict yourself.” I stated and opened the book, I flicked to the index until I found the inter-molecular forces page. “Okay.” I scanned my eyes over the page, it was basically the same as what I had done.

“The question is on detergents.” He mumbled, peering at what I was reading.

“Okay, so the structure of the detergent molecule. It has a hydrophilic end which is the head and a hydrophobic which is the zigzag tail.” I looked at him and he nodded, symbolizing he understood so far, “And the zigzag end hates water, so it hides in the grease that is on the clothing while the head stays on the outside of the grease because it loves the water so it lifts it off.”

“Yeah, I understand that but not the inter-molecular forces bit.” He told me.

I scratched my head and tried to simplify it in my mind. “Well, inter-molecular forces are like lust in this case. Lust is weak but is enough to keep people together or in this case lift grease from something like clothing or dishes. The inter-molecular forces bond with the fat of the grease to lift it away.”

I spent the next hour trying to explain other things Nick didn’t understand, he’d occasionally brush his leg against mine or graze my hand as we both reached to turn the page. I tried to not let it show that he was breaking me down but it was obvious as I began to get relaxed.

Finally, Joe interrupted. “You ready?” He asked with a smile.

I nodded and stood up, “Just keep reading that until you get it.” I told Nick.

“Where are you going?” He sharply as I walked away.

“Late lunch, bye.”

I quickly left the room then hurried down the stairs with Joe following behind me. He opened the car door for me and closed it once I was in. I put on my seat belt, shoving it into the plug whilst still trying to calm down my nerves.

Joe was quiet for me in the car while I tried to stop my hands from shaking. “You didn’t have to help him you know.” Joe said as he pulled into a car park a few blocks from the restaurant ‘Barefoot Cafe’ in Beverly Hills.

It was a short walk from where we were parked to the actual café and paparazzi were ready and waiting, sometimes I think they have me chip pinned. Joe and I walked side by side and I immediately recognized Harry from TMZ.com come up to me with his camera while the photographers stood far back to get their shots. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

“Where are you two off to?” He asked, doing his job.

“We’re going for a late lunch. How are you Harry I haven’t seen you in like a month?”

He shrugged, “Better now the economy is starting to pick up a bit.” I smiled wider knowing he was getting by, “Thanks for asking.”

“No problem, take care.” I waved as Joe and I jumped up the steps and into the restaurant.

Joe led us to an empty table away from everyone, “How do you do that?” He asked watching me as I browsed the menu in front of me.

“I don’t know.” I shrugged, “I don’t see the point in being a twat to someone who is earning money, even if it is off me. It makes me feel better to know that by communicating with them I’m helping them out which in turns means I’m helping their families out too. People saying being paparazzi isn’t a proper job but it’s better than them living off your money from taxes isn’t it?”

I could see I had given Joe a lot to think about so I chose my meal and drink while he did that, he was looking at a menu though I knew that he knew what he wanted to eat anyway. He just wanted an excuse to think.

A waitress came up to us, pencil and pad in hand. “I’m Jane, I’ll be your server today what can I get you guys?”

“I’ll take a coke with ice and the quarter pound burger please.” I smiled and handed her my menu.

Joe handed her his menu, “I’ll have the same thanks.”

“I’ll have your drinks over soon.” She left us a friendly smile then left again.

I looked at Joe with my head propped up on my hands, my elbows on the table. Oh, if my mother saw that it would be ‘Julia! Get your elbows off that table.’ Joe narrowed his eyes at me then mimicked me, resting his elbows on the table too. I tilted my head, sending him a coy smile. His smile broke out into a full grin, showing his straight teeth.

It was a funny moment, but when you’re with Joe those always occur. He brings out the child in me. Although it was nice to be around seriousness I needed happiness and an uplifting person around me and Joe was perfect. The amount of smiles he brought to my face was un countable.

I almost had a heart attack when the waitress placed my burger in front of me. Joe saw no problem. “What?” He questioned with a mouth full of burger.

“I asked for a burger not half a cow.” I prodded the large circular beast devouring my plate.

Joe shook his head and rolled his eyes, “Just eat it.”

I took a large bite and though it was tasty it hurt my jaw to chew it. I’d have to take smaller bites. My jaw began to ache once I was half way through it so I gave up and ate my chips.

“Giving in?” Joe teased continuing to eat the last of his cow.

“My jaw hurts.” I complained rubbing it. Joe faked sympathy and pouted at me.

He dragged his finger down his cheek, “Tear.” I pouted my lips and folded my arms over my chest. “Aw, I’m sorry.” He leaned over the table and kissed the edge of my jaw leaving a burning feeling on my skin. “There, all better.” Joe smirked a lop sided grin and tossed some chips in his mouth.

I sighed and mumbled to my self; “Yeah, all better.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Songs used; Miley Cyrus- Goodbye and Boring- Pink.

Let's get ten more comments before the next chapter! Comment here please!