Exposed In Lights

Spray on jeans

I had managed to get Nick to take a shower. I didn’t want his parents seeing him in a complete state. My only problem was that he didn’t have a change of clothes so I was thankful he didn’t live too far away which meant he wouldn’t be in them for too long.

I tried not to let him see my extreme worry for him. His grandpa was his best friend, they were very close obviously; the Jonas family are very tight knit. I didn’t know how the rest of them were coping, Nick was my main priority, I needed to make sure he was safe and was going to be continually safe when I left him with his family.

While he showered I tidied my room, made my bed and tried to find something for Nick to wear. I obviously had his grey hoodie that he could wear and I found a larger pair of my jeans that he could most likely fit into. I laid them out on the bed and began to pack myself a bag with all my things; phone, blackberry, tissues, sunglasses, make up, money.

I waited for him in the living room in silence just listening to what he was doing above. Moving around, hopping up and down (my guess was to get into the jeans) and then finally he came down the stairs. I bit my lip, trying not to laugh at how tight they were. The jeans looked like they had been sprayed onto his legs.

Then, the impossible happened; he cracked a smile at my amused face. “Spray on jeans.” I chuckled.

He pouted jokingly and walked over to me, slumped shoulders and pouty lipped. I opened my arms from my seat and he crawled onto the sofa and snuggled against my body. “Do I have to go home?” Nick mumbled, twisting the bow on my dress around his finger.

“Yes.” I answered simply and went to stand up, but Nick’s arms pinned me to my seat. “Nicholas Jerry Jonas I promised your mother I’d have you home in the morning. It’s now half eleven and the morning is over in half an hour so—”

He cut my ranting short. “Fine.” He mumbled and stood up. “I didn’t drive here.”

“I know, I didn’t see your car.” I swung my keys around my finger. I hung my bag over my shoulder and placed my hand in Nick’s. “Let us go.”

“Julia…” Nick’s voice stopped me from moving forward. I turned to face him and smiled softly. “Thanks, for everything.”

I nodded and squeezed his hand. I went up on my tip toes and kissed his cheek, lingering there for longer than I should have. “I still love you, despite everything.”

I dropped his hand and began walking towards the car. He followed me like a lost puppy. I put on some sun glasses for the drive there during which Nick and I were silent. He stared out the window, watching everything fly by in his own world.

When the car ground to a halt, I killed the engine and stepped out the car; Nick did the same. I waited at my side of the car for him then we walked to the front door together. “Come in, please.” Nick said in a broken voice, being home was breaking him down again.

I nodded and followed him shyly into the house. All was quiet, I couldn’t hear a thing. I took off my sandals at the door and turned to Nick. “You go get changed.”

He nodded and slumped away to the staircase. I stood awkwardly in the hallway before concluding I would see who I could find. I headed to the kitchen first, that was usually the main room for gatherings. No one was there but through the window I could see Denise and Paul at the end of the garden together.

I heard someone moving into the living room so I headed there. Kevin was sat on the phone to whom I assumed was Danielle so I left him and headed for Nick’s room. Nick was sat on his bed with Elvis in a pair of proper jeans and a Rolling Stones shirt.

“Can I come in?” I asked from the doorway. He nodded and I stepped in then closed the door behind me, I placed my bag on the floor beside his bookcase.

I sat down next to Elvis and stroked his head. “He needs a walk.” Nick rubbed his eyes to try and disguise his tears.

“I’ll take him.” I stood up and grabbed the leash from Nick’s desk.

“You don’t have to, it’s fine seriously.” Nick shot up.

I rolled my eyes, “Nick, I’m taking Elvis for a walk. Your parents are in the garden, Kevin is in the living room and I have no idea where Joe and Frankie are. Go and talk to them.” He nodded at me and I smiled. “Come on buddy.”

Elvis followed me out the room, filled with energy. He jumped up, trying to bite on the leash so I clipped it on his collar then he practically dragged me down the stairs. I put on my shoes and slipped my sunglasses onto my nose. Elvis walked well, he gently trotted beside me, panting in the boiling Los Angeles midday sun.

I decided he needed to burn off some energy so I walked a bit farther to the local dog park which thankfully was empty of other dogs so I wouldn’t have to worry about aggressive dogs. I let him off the leash and then hung it around my neck. Elvis ran around as I walked up and down, occasionally tossing a stick for him.

I heard a scream from behind me, my reflex reactions made me scream too. I spun around to see a group of four girls gawping at me. I placed my hand over my heaving chest, “Geez, you scared the life out of me.” I said loudly.

My eyes widened as they ran towards me like a herd of elephants. I watched with wide eyes as they forgot to stop and tackled me to the floor. I let out an ear piercing scream and tried to push the off.

I jumped up once I’d pushed the off me. “What the fuck?” I shouted breathlessly wiping my self down of dirt. “Do I need a body guard to walk my dog now?”

“You’re Julia Beckham!” A blonde girl with the exact same hair cut as me screamed while she scrambled to her feet.

“No shit Sherlock.” I mumbled under my breath, thankfully they didn’t seem to hear.

Elvis ran over to me, I clipped on his leash and wrapped it around my wrist. “Oh my God!” Another blonde girl screamed. “Do you live around here?”

“No, I don’t.” I answered now feeling slightly panicked.

A brunette pushed them both away from me. “Sorry about the whole knocking you over and they’re just a bit star struck. Hi, I’m Keri.”

“Hiya Keri.” I smiled and gave her a hug. “And it’s okay, sorry about my language… I’m having a bad day and I’m late.” I lied.

“Can we get a picture please?” A ginger girl asked holding her pink digital camera out.

I nodded and took four individual pictures and then a whole group one that they used a timer for. When I left, I took the long way home and hid behind a bush. They were following me in the hope of finding out where I lived so I spent a while trying to confuse them.

Eventually I lost them and ran back to the Jonas household with their dog and myself in tact. I didn’t bother to knock, it seemed silly, so I just walked in, took off my shoes and let Elvis off.

I could hear everyone in the living room and they obviously heard me or heard Elvis who was frantically running around the house. I didn’t feel like intruding on whatever conversation they were having so I sat down on the staircase and watched the door.

A few minutes later it opened. Denise forced a smile at me, it was like a stab in the gut to see her eyes blood shot. “Julia, can you come in please?”

“Of course.” I stood up quickly and followed her inside.

The Jonas family along with Coach K and Maya all sat in a semi circle on the sofas. Frankie sat on Maya’s lap with a sad face. “Take a seat.” I chose the only spare space next to Maya and shot her a small smile which she returned.

“Julia, we were wondering if you would please come to New York with us.” Paul spoke up addressing me, “The funeral is in two days, we fly tomorrow, and obviously Franklin can’t come with us so we would really appreciate if you could come with us to New York and take care of him while the funeral occurs. And obviously, Nicholas has expressed he would like you there for support.”

I nodded, “Of course, I’ll help in any way I can.”

“Thank you.” Denise smiled as she stood up, letting a stray tear roll down her cheek. I quickly stood up and embraced her in a tight hug.

“Come on, I’ll make you a coffee.” I smiled and tugged her into the kitchen. It was her father who had died, it was obvious she was trying to keep herself together for the sake of her kids but she needed to sulk.

While I made her a coffee, she rambled to herself. “They’ve arranged everything. I just need to show up, what do I wear? Black obviously, Denise.” She sighed and ran a hand through her curly hair. I watched the coffee spin around in the cup as I carried it to her. The smell of it knocked her into reality. “Thanks Julia.”

“You’re welcome.” I sat down on the stool next to her.

“No, I mean it for more than just the coffee. You really have changed this family. Of course there have been times when it’s been not so great, but my boy adores you.” I blushed with a small smile. “I’m so thankful you’re in our lives.”

“I’m thankful you haven’t kicked me out of it.” She chuckled and kissed my cheek. “I’m serious.”

“You’re much too important to our family for us to get rid of you.”

I giggled, “Well, I better get going. Let me know if you need me for anything.”

“You’ve done enough.” I shook my head and hugged her one last time before leaving her in the kitchen. Coach K and Paul passed me on their way to make sure she was okay, I smiled at them both and they nodded back.

I almost left without my bag but I quickly remembered where I’d left it. I crept up the stairs silently then walked quickly to Nick’s room. I knocked on the door softly then pushed it open. I felt like such an intruder when I saw the three brothers and Maya all sat closely together. I was like the prat who dances alone at a wedding.

“I’m going to go.” I announced. I bent down to pick up my bag then threw it over my shoulder. Maya stood up and walked towards me, open armed. I gave her a tight hug then hugged Joe and Kevin at the same time.

Nick followed me as I walked to the front door. I wrapped my arms around his neck and his securely held my waist, I turned my head to kiss his neck. I couldn’t help it. He loosened the hug so that I could look at him, “I really want to kiss you.” Nick whispered.

My chest grew tight and my breath was stuck in my throat as his fingers danced up my throat then tilted up my chin. His lips gracefully swept down and onto mine, his passion sent shudders down my spine leaving me completely immobile. I was certain there and then that no ones kiss could compare to his; his simple, magical kiss.

He broke the long kiss then pecked my lips one more time. “We’ll pick you up tomorrow around four.” I nodded, still unable to form words. “I’ll call you.”

“Perfect.” I smiled widely and left the house with a large grin plastered on my face.

The next day I spent four hours with my horse, then with my home pets and then with my family. Mum helped me pack while dad sat on my bed, on the laptop moaning about by trip while my mum rolled her eyes and took the piss out of him behind his back. Eventually he stopped moaning about the fact I was going to New York and started about the fact I was taking Frankie to see Wicked and not him.

By half three I was finished packing and ready to go. My black travel bag sat at the door while I ate some skittles for a quick treat. “Julia, those sunglasses look stupid with that outfit. Put some black ones on.” My mum scolded as she walked past me.

I stuck my tongue out at her behind her back and tossed some skittles into my mouth. I skipped into the bathroom, my flat shoes making a small thud against the laminated floor. I gave my self the one over. I wore a brown ribbed tank top and a light shade brown skirt that was embroidered with different patterns. I shoved my orange bangles further up my arm and then twisted Nick’s watch upright again.

“Julia! The Jonas’s are here, hurry up!” My dad’s voice bellowed loudly.

“Shit.” I whispered harshly and sped out the bathroom.

Denise stood at the door talking to my mother. She smiled at me and I smiled back. “Ready to go?” She asked, seeming more upbeat than yesterday.

I nodded and picked up my bag. I gave both my parents kisses and told them I loved them then scurried away with Denise into the back of a large black tinted out SUV. Big Rob took my travel bag from me after I pulled out my orange Blackberry bold and iPod to keep me company in the car.

“Hiya lovelies.” I smiled as I climbed into the car and took a seat next to Maya.

“Hi,” Maya replied giving me a side hug whilst trying to play Brick breaker.

I rolled my eyes, no way was I going to get her attention. Nick sat in front of me and upon noticing my sigh he turned around in his seat. I smiled and folded my arms on the back of his chair then rested my head on my arms.

“Afternoon.” I greeted him with a smile. “Where’s the man?” I asked, looking for Frankie.

“He’s in the other car with the parents and Coach K. He’s asleep.”

I nodded and pulled out my iPod. “Wanna listen to that song I wrote with Ne-yo?” I waved my iPod in front of him with a coy smile.

“I do!” Kevin shouted snatching it from me. “Who did the vocals?”

He was currently searching through my iPod for it. He had one ear bud and Nick had the other. “Keri Hilson.” I replied sitting back in my seat.

I whipped out my own Blackberry and scrolled through my emails and then through some old photos. Around four minutes later they were finished listening to the song. “It would be better with your vocals.” Kevin smiled and handed me my iPod back.

“Nah, I like it with Keri’s.” I argued putting my ear buds in and turning on ‘Call That a Comeback’ by You Me At Six.

When we arrived at LAX we rushed through the airport as the press snapped their pictures of us. I flashed them all a smile and waved to fans whilst trying to sign as I was pushed along by airport security that surrounded Maya, Frankie and I. Frankie held a hand of Maya’s and one of mine also.

Denise took over in the customs area. I took off all my jewellery then my shoes, I walked through without beeping then stood by the conveyor belt for my things to come through. I put all my items back on a received my bag from an officer. We didn’t have time to wait for it all to go through the long system to the plane so they simple scanned ours and checked through them with a stick so we could get going quicker.

Nick and I finished first so together we walked to the gate and onto the large private plane. “Thanks for coming.” Nick sat down on one of the half circle sofas that faced a large TV.

“No problem, Frankie and I will have fun.” I assured him and took a seat beside him on the sofa. I looked at him expectedly, I was sick of the awkwardness. “No hug?”

He smirked at me then tackled me with a hug, squishing me flat against the sofa under his body. I giggled childishly into his ear then kissed his cheek. “Would you be angry if I asked you to stay away from Joe on this plane ride?”

It wasn’t really a massive request. I’d probably end up sleeping for most the journey or trying to entertain Frankie. I understood Nick being apprehensive about Joe and I, I didn’t blame him in the slightest. I’d brought it on my self. Though he may be a bit jealous… either way I wanted to make Nick happy.

“I think that’s a pretty okay request.” I told him, hoping to convince him.

His eye brows raised as shock graced his stunning face. “Really? I was expecting a fit.”

I shrugged and pushed him off of me. “No more fits, they cause drama. I’m quiet happy to make you happy.”

Nick grinned, showing his crooked teeth. We both turned our head towards the plane door where a rabble of people could be heard coming through the tunnel into the plane. Nick sat beside me, scrolling through my blackberry emails, of course not hiding that he was doing it but not showing his joy that I wasn’t stopping him.

So, I leaned against Nick, put my iPod on and relaxed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the amazing amount of comments I got, you all make me so happy with your long-ish comments. It means the world you take the time to do that.

As always, let's see if we can get 10+ comments! Comment here please!