Exposed In Lights

Real and forever

I couldn’t help but wonder if things would be awkward with Nick now, I hoped they wouldn’t and he never tended to let them get awkward. It seemed sad that I was back with Nick after so much had happened. It made me look weak and like a push over but maybe it’s only the people who have never experienced love in all its force who would think that. If they’d experienced a love like this, how could they claim that I’m weak?

I got ready for my day of Frankie, wearing casual clothes so to suit everything we would do. I wore a grey sweater with a heart on it with a pair of high waist denim shorts over it some brown coy bow boots suited every weather condition and a pair of white rimmed Wayfarers made bad photographs harder to occur and of course Nick’s watch stayed clipped around my wrist.

So, ready and dressed with money and my blackberry I headed to Paul and Denise’s suite where Frankie would be waiting for me. I knocked on it loudly, hearing the rabble inside made me doubt their hearing.

Joe opened the door in a black shirt, black tie and a black blazer with black trousers and matching shoes. It was depressing. He let me into the room with a smile where I saw Kevin and Nick sat on the bed with Paul while Denise was crouched down putting a jacket on Frankie.

“Morning.” Kevin said to me, I smiled at him and sat down on the bed between him and Nick. Nick slyly slid his arm around my waist making my stomach flutter.

“Morning, ready to go Frankie?” I asked him.

He nodded, “What are we doing today?” He asked curiously.

I smirked, “Anything we want.” I promised him.

Frankie grinned at me then ran into the bathroom. I looked around at the family all in black, looking sad and down. I tried to stay positive to make them feel a slight bit better about the day ahead. If I was sad, then what help would that be?

Frankie came running out of the bathroom like a bullet out a gun. “I want a drink.” He announced.

I stood up from the bed then Nick did too. “We’ll get you one from the vending machine. I wanted to talk to Julia anyway.”

Nick and I left the room together then his hand found mine as we walked down the hotel corridors towards the vending machine. He put in a dollar and pressed for some coke for Frankie. “Are you alright?” I asked him, smoothing down his suit collar.

“Yeah, I’m glad he’s finally going to rest and now everyone can have some peace of mind. We won’t be back until late, I might just have to sneak into your room.” He leaned down and kissed my lips, I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him tightly.

I grinned up at him, “You make me smile.” I told him. Nick smiled at me and gracefully kissed my nose. “You have some great memories with your Grandpa, sometimes missing someone is what makes those memories special.”

Nick nodded letting a few tears escape his eyes and roll down his cheeks. I wiped them away for him then offered him a reassuring smile. “I wish you could come with me.”

“I’m always with you, but if you want to talk to me there’s a little thing called a mobile phone. They’re genius you should get one.” I teased with a smile.

He smiled back and grabbed a hold of my hand. We walked back to the hotel room where I picked up Frankie and prepared my self for a day filled of Frankie Jonas.

Time Lapse

After going to the top of the Empire State building, buying matching ‘I HEART NYC’ shirts and a helicopter ride over the whole of New York I felt like collapsing. But then, I had to entertain Frankie and take him to see the Lion King on Broadway. Thankfully, when we returned the Jonas family were back at the hotel. Denise and Paul whisked Frankie to bed and thanked me for looking after him.

I stripped out of my dress and pulled on a baggy grey shirt. Once that was done, I fell onto the bed and closed my eyes. I marvelled at the smooth feeling of the duvet and the soft mattress that caressed my body. The relaxing sensation being wrapped in a cover was what I needed after a long hard day chasing after a little boy who has ten times the energy of a sixteen year old.

I had almost forgotten that Nick had planned to come and see me that night so when I opened my door to find him there it shocked me slightly. But nevertheless I invited him in with my always open arms after which we sat watching Finding Neverland with a tub of ice cream and two large spoons.

“So, did the ceremony go smoothly?” I asked him, trying to strike some conversation from him.

He nodded and removed the spoon from his mouth. “Except Big Rob had to tackle this paparazzi.” I shuddered, sometimes they took things over board. “It was kind of weird having all the family in one place.”

“I know, but you seem fine now. I don’t know if I’m interpreting it the wrong way…” I was reluctant to say that.

But, he smiled and kissed my cheek. “Someone once told me that when life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show it a thousand reasons to smile. I have my thousand reasons sitting right in front of me.”

My cheeks flushed and I smiled at him. “You’re a hopeless romantic.” I told him.

I crawled over to his side with the ice cream and placed it in his lap. Cuddling up to his side was something I wished I could do every moment of my life, being so close to him was like a blessing. It was where I felt most comfortable. Nick had the easy ability to invade my entire mind without doing anything, I didn’t even know if he knew he did that. And if I have that effect on him, I’d live a happy life.

“So…” I tapped his chest whilst still looking at the TV. “What’s happening once you’re back in LA?”

“Well, I think we’re still doing a concert… we really don’t want to cancel on the fans. It hardly seems fair.”

I shook my head, “You’re too sensitive for your own good.”

Time Lapse- LA

Paparazzi weren’t too bad when we landed. I was anxious to get home as I had missed my parents and my pets… even my brothers a little bit. So I spent my first day back shopping with my family, riding my horse and walking my dog.

I knew that going to see my body perform would be immense tonight, everyone was getting together to support them. I was glad that I would be front row with Mandy instead of at the sound board with a bunch of people I couldn’t be bothered with. Even though I knew I’d have to deal with Jonas Brothers fans I was excited to finally experience a concert from where I belonged, the crowd.

I wore a yellow dress with a scoop neckline that was a lovely white lace, I paired it off with a grey linen jacket and some glittery open toed sandals. I felt confident in this outfit, it was casual and easy to move in.

Mandy and I decided to leave them backstage and wait with the fans at the front of the stage. Against my own decisions I was front row centre instead of in front of Nick. But I didn’t care, I was in the crowd and nothing was going to make me move.

I had security on edge, two women disguised as fans sat either side of Mandy and I with guns, that it’s self was nerve wracking but we didn’t know what things could come to and they ‘needed to be prepared for whatever could happen’. Mandy was chatting all the time to the people around and behind us, I paid attention and chipped in now and again.

Right now I was talking to two best friends called Lauren and David. David wore an ‘I HEART JOE’ shirt and had already confessed he was gay. To be honest, never before had I met such an extravagant homosexual.

“Can I get a picture with you?” David asked, flashing his pink camera.

I nodded with a smile but suddenly, one of my unwelcome guards stood up. “No, we don’t want to draw a crowd.” She said in a very stern voice.

“Sit down, it’s fine. In case you haven’t noticed everyone in this venue is taking pictures.” I snapped glaring at her, slowly she sat back down beside me with a foul look on her face.

Lauren chuckled, “Touchy.”

I posed for a few pictures with them and just to piss off the guard I asked her to take one, which she did with a fake smile. I hadn’t attracted much attention from anyone further back than three rows and even then there didn’t dare approach the front row with all the security there. Finally, in the filled arena the screams erupted as the lights dimmed and the stage partly lit. Then, to everyone’s excitement including my own, there magnificent men ran out onto the stage.

Half way through the set, my eyes still glued to Nick, I saw his eyes go wide as he momentarily saw something in the audience. “What’s Nick looking at?” Mandy asked loudly into my ear.

I looked around the screaming and singing teenagers until I spotted a tall brunette strutting down the aisle towards the front of the stage. Her legs, so long and luscious had not one bit of wobble. Her red lips but the rose to shame and her cheek bones, so pointed and defined put even Angelina Jolie in the jealousy pit. So for me to see her catching the eye of my boyfriend... mortified is the best way to explain it.

She headed straight for me, a smile on her lips which slightly reassured me. She tried to get down the row but was stopped, security looked at me and I shrugged so they let her by, for all I knew she was seated on this row.

She glided to a halt once she squeezed past me. “Hi,” She said loudly, even her voice was angelic. “I’m Brooke, Nick’s friend.”

This was Brooke? My competition was a glamorous super girl, crap. I think I shit a brick when she told me that, of all the people in the world this was her. “Oh, hiya. I’m Julia.”

I turned back to the stage and began to watch Joe as he laughed at me while running around with his microphone stand. I felt a tap on my shoulder so I turned to see the obvious, Brooke. “It’s very rude to ignore people.” She snapped.

“Oh, I’m sorry. And fucking around with people’s boy friends is the epitome of proper behaviour. Now, if you don’t mind…” I left the sentence dangling then turned back to the stage.

I heard a sudden scream from behind me though it was barely audible over the loud bass coming from the speakers. When I turned around I saw Brooke being pulled away from me by her hair that was firmly in the grip of David’s hands.

“Touch her and I will cut you bitch.” He threatened then let her go as security pulled her away.

Lauren, Mandy and I were all in kinks of laughter along with the three brothers on stage. It was easier for Kevin and Joe to disguise as they weren’t singing, but the audience were extremely confused at Nick’s laughing during the song. Brooke was dragged away and Lauren and David climbed over the seats with permission and joined Mandy and I as we danced along to my boys.

Once the show was over, I made the big choice of giving David my phone number. I’d know in a few days if he’d given it out and it wasn’t such a big deal to change it. Mandy and I hung out on stage, dancing around doing nothing much, just waiting for the boys to get showered and ready to go and do some bowling.

Mandy left me alone on the stage after noticing Nick was stood at the side lines. He sauntered over to me with his hands shoved in his pockets. “Did you enjoy the show?”

I nodded and sat down on the stage. Nick sat down opposite me with a sigh. “Yeah, meeting Brooke was the highlight. She’s a keeper.” I said with a sarcastic smile.

“Don’t even worry about her Julia.” I shook my head.

“I won’t.” I assured him.

He smiled and leaned forward to press a kiss to my lips. “Bowling time!” He announced and stood up. He held out his hand for me then pulled me from the floor, but never let go of my hand.

The most important thing that Nick did was hold my hand. Even when we walked to the cars he held it even with fans taking pictures. I felt completely wanted instead of my usual ‘oh he loves me but obviously the public don’t’ kind of attitude. A new step in our love was forming all because he was ready to show me off to everyone.

Nick reluctantly let me ride with Joe in his massive truck for safety reasons, people were going to follow if Nick and I were in a car together and paparazzi would expect us to be together so by going with Joe it’s a nice little trick. So, while fans snapped pictures Nick opened the car door for me and I climbed up and inside. He threw me a wink to which I grinned at then rolled up the window.

“Seat belt.” Joe reminded me just as he began to pull away.

I quickly pulled it over my and shoved it into the holder. “So, have you just rented all the bowling alleys?”

Joe pursed his lips, “Pretty much.” He chuckled.

The drive there was comfortable. We just sang along to the radio and threatened each other, the general Joe and Julia banter. Nick was waiting in the car park when we arrived, as always he opened my door and held out his hand so I wouldn’t fall getting down the large drop to the concrete floor.

Hand in hand we walked into the bowling alley filled with the Jonas Brother’s friends and family. It seemed that everyone had already split off into teams and alleys so Nick just led me to the end one which was illuminated purple then sat me down on his lap. I looked up to the screen and saw my name already up there

Around me were Garbo and John Taylor of the Jonas Brothers band with Danielle, Kevin and Joe either side of them; I realised that they made up one team and that Mandy, Nick and I made up another. “Are we missing players?”

Nick nodded, “Miley and Justin are just coming in now.”

I quickly pecked Nick’s lips then jumped out of his grasp and ran over to Miley who began running to me. We met forcefully in a powerful hug. “Bathroom, we need to talk.”

Miley dragged me into the old fashioned toilets where she grinned at me. “What?” I asked, wiping some smudged mascara from the side of my eye.

“So, you’re back with Nick?” I nodded, “You seem worried.”

I sighed and folded my arms over my chest. “He hasn’t given me my promise ring back yet.”

I bet he thought I hadn’t noticed, but I’m a girl, nothing gets passed us. Every move a guy does wrong is intensified by a million in a girl’s eye. Don’t open the door? Fail. Forget to call us when you say you will? You’re pretty much dead. Even though we say we hate it, we can never imagine having to pay the bill at a restaurant, if you don’t do that… bad times.

Miley stood, slightly hunched with her mouth all agape. I smiled and closed her mouth for her. “Seriously?” I nodded and shrugged. “Anyways, let’s be joyful! Bowling! Woo!”

She held her Blackberry in front of us, I placed my head against hers and stuck my tongue out while biting it. She snapped the picture and giggled. “Twitter.” I rolled my eyes and smiled at me as we walked out the bathroom and back over to our alley.

I stopped along the other alley’s to say hi to other friends who had came then I finally made it to our alley. I stood up, looking at the leader board as Justin went up and bowled. Suddenly, a pair of arms wrapped around my legs taking them away from me. I gasped as I prepared to hit the floor but instead landed on Nick’s thighs.

All during the bowling I wanted to do one of two things; sleep or get away with Nick somewhere. I could tell he was getting edgy and wanted to leave, he was constantly fidgeting with things and bouncing his leg up and down; with me on it.

What seemed like a life time later. Big Rob came in wearing his usual attire; a cool pair of jeans and an over sized black shirt. He announced that we had to leave, so ever so slowly we made our way outside to Nick’s car. Big Rob took us in groups to cars leaving Nick and I last. We walked out together happy that Big Rob was there to fend off the vicious paparazzi.

I climbed into the car and Nick closed the door for me then climbed into his side. I wasn’t really paying attention to where Nick was driving until we’d travelled for ten minutes and I realised I should be home. I looked to Nick who continued to drive with both hands on the wheel and a small smile playing on his lips.

“Nick… where are we going?” I asked, dragging out my words.

He continued to drive down a dark road with the occasional street lamp. The road was even but had lots of bends and curves. We seemed to be constantly going up hill in a very naturist environment, my only guess was we were going up the Hollywood Hills. Nick parked the car in an out of place car park, I got out the car my self but Nick sighed and closed it for me. I silently let him lead me to wherever he was planning which happened to be the edge of the car park.

The view took my breath away. Los Angeles was all lit up like a Christmas tree, red and white lights lined roads and orange lamps twisted and turned through the whole of it. The moon was full in the sky and for the first time in a while I saw stars in the sky. The sight was mesmerizing and beautiful.

I turned to face Nick, his eyes had the stars reflecting against them as he stared up into the sky. He looked like a miracle. He noticed me staring and smiled at me, “I have something for you.”

My eyes lit up no doubt. He pulled out a box and I grinned, he’d remembered my promise ring. He opened the box slowly and my face fell. Inside was a magnificent ring but it was not my promise ring… I bet he’d lost it. “That’s not my promise ring…”

Nick chuckled, “I know, this is a different kind of promise ring. It’s a more certain one.” I looked at him, confused as to what he was saying. I urged him to continue. “When I gave you the other promise ring, I was certain about marrying you so when I looked at it I saw an immature friendship ring. So, I bought you a new one.”

“You want to marry me?” I asked incredulously. He nodded. “Have you asked my dad?”

Nick looked at me and burst out laughing. “Yes, your dad knows I’m giving you this ring.”

I felt his face, it was still warm and smooth, then I pressed my hand against his chest and his heart was still beating. “But you’re alive…”

Nick smiled at me, shaking his head at me. “I know, are you going to let me finish?” I nodded still looking at the ring in his hand. He tilted up my head so I was looking at him, I let out an embarrassed chuckle. “This ring, is an engagement ring.”

I could pin point several things wrong with that sentence. The fact my family had allowed him to propose to me, a sixteen year old teenager. Being young and married was not one of my top priorities, but loving Nick was. I was torn between two.

“This ring is to show you how much you mean to me. You don’t even have to accept it. I’m not saying we get married now, next year or the year after that. But, I need you to know that I know what I want for my future.” He picked up my left hand delicately and slipped the ring onto my wedding band finger, he paused before he did it to give me a chance to reject it. “And what I want, is you… forever.”

I looked at the ring on my finger. It looked to extravagant but elegant too, the rectangular diamond embedded on platinum made it look classy and not cheap. The two pear shaped diamonds either side of that made it look extravagant. It looked like it belonged there.

I looked back up at Nick’s hopeful face and realised I hadn’t answered him yet. I wound my right arm around his waist and scooped his left hand up in my own forming a posture comfortable enough to dance in.

“Dance with me.” I whispered. We both began swaying from side to side while my head found its way to his chest.

And, as we danced with no music under the star lit L.A sky; our relationship, so exposed in lights, was real and forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
PLEASE READ; the future of Julia and Nick.
That's it! The final chapter. I could easy write another story about Nick and Julia's marriage and children and I feel like I owe them that. But, I have more important things to focus on, like my key to college; GCSE's.

This has been an execellent experience and I have loved every chapter. Nick and Julia are like little voices twittering away in my head constantly. I love them and I have loved watching them develop.

For those interested, Julia and Nick would have gotten married once Julia had turned 19 and eventually had a family a year after. Nick would have carried on his career and Julia would have given up hers for a life at home.

I am going to write another story, but with different characters and mains. So, if you might like to be a part of that later. Message me.

Also, I may do an epilouge for this so look out!


So, thanks for reading and please leave a comment telling me about your thoughts and experiences reading my story.