Exposed In Lights

It's a pile of wank

“So, who is the best sister in the world?” I asked throwing some fries into my mouth. Brooklyn was sat opposite me with a cheeseburger in hand.

I had taken him to an indoor skydiving place after asking Kevin for suggestions. We had been shopping and now we were in McDonalds being stared at by customers and being stalked my paparazzi. Whatever.

He smiled as he drank some of his coke, “You are.”

I tapped his nose and he batted my hands away. “Of course I am.” I agreed in a smug tone. “If you mess up those sneakers I will kill you.”

“It’s all words.” He grinned, I could see so much of my dry, sarcastic humour rubbing off on him. “Isn’t that Nick?”

I snapped my head to look out the window, Nick was indeed walking with his new bit of stuff, Amy. I scowled at him. He knew I would be here, people can track where I’m going so easily. He was doing this on purpose.

He pretended not to notice me when he came in but I caught him glancing at me when he thought I was looking away. “I’m going to the toilet.” Brooklyn stood up and rushed off before I could object.

How kind of him? Now I look like a lemon just sat by my self. This was way too awkward, no one should have to endure it. Amy kept looking at me with her striking eyes making mine look dull, no wonder he was with her. Eventually I got sick of the stares and decided to go and see what the hell was taking Brooklyn so long.

I waited outside the door to the men’s room in the completely corridor, grey floors, walls, doors even the mop bucket was grey. How dull was that? I pulled down my shirt and played with a loose string to try and keep my self entertained.

“Hey.”

I should have known he’d follow me but it still shocked me he did. “Hello.” I sighed out.

“Is there a reason you’re outside the men’s bathroom?” He smirked.

I turned to face him, “I’m waiting for my brother, it’s a bit too awkward to be in a fast food restaurant while—”

“What’s going on?” Brooklyn’s voice stopped me luckily. “Hey Nick.”

“Yeah, yeah.” I mumbled and grabbed onto his arm. He struggled out my grip.

“Bloody hell woman, wrench my arm off why don’t you! I only wanted to talk to him.” Brooklyn snapped as we walked through the restaurant, I pulled my sunglasses off my shirt and put them on.

“Well I didn’t, we have to get home anyway. And watch your mouth.” I pushed open the door and smiled at the fact we weren’t swarmed with paparazzi but the fact they stood on the opposite side of the road completely. I smiled and waved to them as Brooklyn and I walked to my car.

I sighed angrily as Brooklyn jumped straight into my convertible not bothering to open the door. He just smiled at me and patted the driver’s seat. “Julia, wait up!”

Can’t he just leave me alone? I rolled my eyes and turned around. Nick was running over to my car, I leaned against the car door and crossed my arms over my chest. “What?” I asked harshly.

“Was that really a date with Taylor?”

“Oh, it’s perfectly fine to you to saunter around with people but not me?” He stared at me and shoved his hands into his pocket.

He glanced towards the press, “I didn’t say that.” He sighed, “I was just wondering.” We stood awkwardly opposite each other.

I let out a scream when the sound of a horn blared into my ears, I calmed my heart beat and turned back to Nick who was trying not to laugh. “You’re a twat.”

I climbed into my car and drove off with Brooklyn going on and on about how rude I was but that soon turned into him recapping the whole day and began getting excited again. When we got home my Mum was playing with Cruz in the pool so Brooklyn decided to join in which meant I had to do it as well.

I changed into my black bikini and grabbed my laptop and iPod and went down to the pool. I sat in the sun and logged onto MSN, I went on webcam with Nathan who started talking about how insanely jealous he was that I was in weather hot enough for bikinis.

Julia: I miss you! Have you spoken to Corrin?

Nathan: Not much, she goes to Martyrs doesn’t she.

Julia: Oh yeah…


I sighed and twisted the webcam to show Nathan the garden, he’d proclaimed he was coming to visit me during the summer. I signed out and went for a walk around the garden, I leaned against the glass barrier and stared across Los Angeles at all the houses and roads.

“Hey!” Ashleigh’s voice bellowed. I turned around to see her dressed in a canary yellow bikini holding two Red Bulls in the air. I laughed loudly and turned back around waiting for her to join me. “Red Bull?”

“Thanks.” I took one off her, snapped it open and took a big mouthful. “What are you doing here?” I asked, curious at the random drop in.

“Just stopping by in my bikini.”

“The pool at your house isn’t good enough is it?” I chuckled.

“It’s a pile of wank.”

Oh how I missed Ashleigh’s Hartlepudlian charms, her accent and her whole aura. Her curly black hair stopped at her shoulder and her once front fringe was pushed to the side, she never did have much patience.

Ashleigh is the kind of person who would stop someone in the street and start talking to them about anything. She’s the kind of person who would stand up to anyone who tried to put her down. She is very out going and isn’t afraid to let her voice be heard, because of this you usually see her before you hear her.

“So, what have you done today?” I questioned as we sat down next to each other on the sun loungers.

She sipped some Red Bull before answering, “Went shopping with Emma, Shaun and Tom. You?”

“I spent the day with Devil number one, we did indoor sky diving and then went to McDonalds where I ran into Nick.”

“Flippin’ eck’.” Oh yeah, and she hardly ever pronounces the letter 'h' in her words.

“I know, so we had a stupid talk in the corridor outside the men’s toilets then he followed me to my car and was all ‘so was that a date with Taylor’ I called him a twat and drove off.”

She laughed, “You’re so beyond yourself.”

“And you’re so not all there.”

She hit me in the side of the face, “Give me the laptop.” I picked it up from the floor and tossed it onto her stomach, “Gently.” She scolded and signed onto my music MySpace. I like it when my band posted blogs and bulletins to the fans, just so they knew I wasn’t alone in all this.

We all hung out together, my family and Ashleigh. My Dad took numerous candid pictures of us all playing around together in the pool and ones of Romeo on my back as I sunbathed, something he called the ‘lizard’.

It was nice to relax in the sun, it evaporated my worries. But they were still going to come back. The long list of things I had to do was growing, every time I’d get something do I’d come back with even more things to do. But I managed to get some things done whilst I relaxed.

I typed up my thank you’s for my album, I made a crappy YouTube video of me and Ashleigh in the garden on my webcam and I’d arranged a meeting to talk about a tour with Hollywood Records. Everything was happening so fast so to stop for a full day and chill was such a relief.

“Anyway, I’ll see you tomorrow.” I gave Ashleigh a hug and waved to her as she climbed into the back of Tom’s car. At least one of them could drive because they’d be stuck if he couldn’t.

I headed upstairs and changed into a pair of black sweat pants and Nick’s grey hoodie. I’d gotten so used to wearing it I wasn’t about to start taking it off now, it was the most worn piece of clothing I have.

When I walked through the living room my parents eyes followed me, “Yes?” I asked stopping in front of them.

“Nothing sweetie.” Mum smiled and urged me to keep on walking.

Whatever was going on there I didn’t want to know. When I stepped into the kitchen I noticed why they’d been smiling like idiots. “Oh.”

Joe smiled and jumped off the stool, “Nice to see you too.”

He walked over and gave me a tight hug, “Sorry, I just wasn’t expecting you. What’s up?” I asked walking to the fridge. I grabbed an apple, banana and orange and began cutting them up.

“You can’t fight fire with fire Julia.”

The statement caused me to think for a while, I chewed on a bit of apple. It suddenly hit me, I groaned. “I can date who I want.” I grabbed my bowl of fruit and headed towards the cinema room with Joe following me.

I sat down on the front row and crossed my legs under me. “But Taylor? Come on Julia.”

“Joe, you don’t even know him.” I argued and tried to hide my annoyance as he ate a slice of my banana.

“I don’t need too, just be careful b—”

Whatever he was going to say was cut off by my mobile ringing. I answered it quickly. “Hello?”

“Hey, it’s Taylor.” Loud music was playing in the background. “You should seriously come to this party.”

“You know what, I just might.” I smirked feeling very rebellious. “Where is it?”

He told me the address of a area I new pretty well. “What’s happening?” Joe asked as he followed me to my bedroom. He ate the fruit from my bowl and spread out on my bed as I chose a dress to wear.

I picked out a little black dress that had a square neck line and a bow on the left hand side of my waist and pair of hot pink heels to spice it up. I changed into my outfit and curled my hair in my bathroom, I walked out into the bedroom and Joe stared at me.

“Where are you going?” He sighed and stood up.

“A party, will you drive me there? It’s just a bit before your house.” I told him as I tossed my phone and wallet into my small black clutch.

He sighed, “And how are you getting back?”

“My Dad will pick me up or something.” I carefully went down the stairs and told my parents where I was going and lying by telling them Tom was taking me home. I’d just stay with Taylor.

“You ready?” Joe asked as I walked over to him and pulled open the door.

“Let’s go.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Can people start commenting more please? I love feedback.

And think to how annoyed you get when you have loads of subscribers and only get four comments.

But thank you so much to the ones who do take the time to comment :)

-Rose