Exposed In Lights

I was tired of everything being because of Nick

“I still don’t like this.” Joe said for the millionth time only now we were outside of the house. I could see people gathered on the grass and the door was open, I was glad to see everyone was wearing dresses or short skirts.

Taylor appeared in the door way of the house that emitted an array of coloured lights changing to the beat of the pounding music. He smirked at me and waved a bottle of alcohol in the air.

“Thanks for driving me.”

I went to open the car door but Joe gripping onto my wrist protectively. “Promise you won’t hesitate to call me if you need a ride home.”

“Promise.” I smiled at him and stepped out the car. I didn’t hear his car pull away until Taylor wrapped his arms around me in a hug. “Hey!” I said happily taking the drink from his hands.

“I’m so glad you came.” He shouted into my ear as we stepped inside the house, all eyes on us. The celebrity couple in the house full of normal people like the bearded woman at a carnival. “This is a guy from my old school’s party by the way.”

I drank that bottle of alcohol and by the end of it my hands were laced with Taylor’s so I didn’t stray from him. Many people had their cameras out as we stood together. I tried to keep up with Taylor and his friend Mark’s conversation that was all about football. Nothing that could hold my interest really.

Then Britney Spears- Piece of me began to play. I grabbed onto Taylors hand and dragged him into the mass of people. I danced against him with my hands around his neck as his hands rested on the small of my back. “I’m Mrs life styles of the rich and famous.” I sung happily.

Taylor leaned down as if to whisper in my ear but he pressed his lips sloppily to my neck, I could tell he was drunk so I just let him get on with it. We danced for half an hour before I broke away from him, too hot to do anything else.

“I’m getting a drink.” I told him, he nodded and then danced alongside his friend. I pushed through the crowds ignoring the camera flashes on me and went into the kitchen. Only a few people hung around there so I grabbed a drink and stayed in there as I drank it.

I began to wonder why I even came here. It’s not like I knew anyone other than Taylor and all it has done is annoy me to no end because I knew all the shit I’d get from it because of the pictures. My publicist would send me a three page long email and my friends would slap me, well Ashleigh would.

I bet Nick won’t be amused and I had no doubt in my mind that Joe would have told him that I was here. The thought of him actually coming here never crossed my mind although I knew it was likely, as much as he hated to admit it he knew he still cared and worried about me. Denise always said he would.

“Hey! You’re David Beckham’s daughter!” A drunken man slurred.

“Well observed.” I mumbled back at him. I tossed my empty bottle into a bin for the poor boy that put on this party, that bottle is one less for him to clean up in the morning.

The boy waggled his finger in my face, “Lucky Taylor, he gets to bone you.”

“He doesn’t,” I snapped, “Go have another drink.” I pushed past him and out into the main room.

Everyone watched me as I past through the crowd without a problem, people felt lower than me and all got out of my way. As I wandered around the wrecked house I noticed a girl sat alone in the corner taking shots. I headed her way and sat down next to her.

“What are you doing with me?” She asked handing me a shot. I took it and placed the glass on the floor.

“What’s your name?” The girl was obviously the outcast, her hair and make up dark and she was wearing jeans and a t-shirt. I admired her bravery. She didn’t answer, “I’m Julia.”

“I know who you are. Mrs I get whatever I want because I’m a spoilt brat.”

“Hey! I make my own money. Do you always treat people like that?” I asked staring at her, she didn’t even glance at me.

“I just don’t need another snob judging me.”

“You just did the same thing to me. Treat people how you wanted to be treated, I’ve treat you like a friend so be nice.” I snapped and downed another shot.

“Don’t you care that you’re completely wrecking your image?” She asked, I just stared at her willing her to continue. “You underage drink, you’re at a party of people you don’t know and all these people are going to cash in these photos of you.”

“Crap, I never thought of them cashing it in. Oh well, if I’m going to fuck up I may as well do it in style.”

She chuckled then finally smiled at me, “Charlotte.” She stuck out her hand, I gratefully shook it. “Emo outcast of Beverly Hills High School.”

“Julia Beckham, misjudged idiot who is trying way too hard to make her ex boyfriend jealous.” She just laughed at me.

Her face lit up like she remembered something. “You dated Nick Jonas right?” I nodded, “Sucks to be you.”

“How so?”

“Well, they’re all fit as fuck and that’s the one thing you can’t do. Fuck. Their music is shit though.”

I giggled childishly, “What music do you like?”

“The predictable, My Chemical Romance—”

“Best band ever.” I agreed and high fived her. “Do you like my music?”

“Yep,” I pumped my fist into the air. “What the hell are you doing here?”

“I’m kind of seeing Taylor-ish thing. I don’t know.”

She was looking towards the mass of dancing people, “You mean the Taylor who is making out with Amy.”

My mouth dropped open and I stood up to get a better look. I was so angry I almost growled, I didn’t even notice until they pulled away actually which Amy it was. “What a slut!” I screeched.

“How so?” Charlotte asked stand up next to me.

“She’s totally been dating Nick! Fucking whore.” I stormed over to them, they were practically sucking off each others faces. Everyone was suddenly watching me, I checked no one had their cameras out then tapped Taylor on the shoulder.

He spun around and before he could register who I was I punched him in the face, he stumbled away from Amy who had a shocked expression. I crackled my knuckles and smiled at her, “You’re such a slut, and I hate sluts. Especially ones who cheat on my best friend.”

She gasped and slapped me across the face, I laughed. How weak? “Honey, if you’re going to start a fight at least use your fists.” I caught her off guard with a left hook, “That’s for Nick and this,” I punched her as hard as I could with my right fist, “Is for my own enjoyment.”

I pushed my way through the stricken crowd and out the door, I shot Charlotte a wave and began walking down the path. Everyone was inside now so I was glad to have some sort of silence.

“What the fuck are you playing at?” That lasted long; I stopped and spun around to watch Taylor run down the path to me. “You can’t just punch someone!”

“Yeah you can, I think I just displayed that pretty well personally. Amy is or was dating Nick.”

“You’re unbelievable.” He glared.

“I like to think so.” I pulled out my phone and tried to call my Dad, no answer. I tried my Mom, no answer. I tried the house phone, no answer. “Marvellous.” I began to walk down the side walk, these shoes were starting to take their toll on me. I pulled them off and carried them by the heel in one hand.

My whole plan had turned to shreds, I no longer had anything on my side. I bet if I told Nick that Amy cheated on him he wouldn’t believe me either. He’d probably think I was making it up on purpose. I hope someone did catch Taylor and her making out on camera because then at least I’d have something on my side.

A car slowed down behind me and my heart accelerated. I’m going to get raped, I sped up down the street but the car slowly caught up to me. “I wont kill you, Julia.”

“Kevin.” I sighed and put my hand on my chest. “I thought you were stalking me.”

“I was in a way, Nick sent me to spy on you. Need a ride?”

I hated to admit it but he was my saviour. I climbed into the passengers side and put on my shoes, “So, Nick sent you to spy on me?” I smirked.

“He told me not to tell you.” Kevin chuckled. “How was the party?”

“Ugh.” Kevin drummed his fingers against the wheel. “You’d believe me if I told you Amy is cheating on Nick, wouldn’t you?”

“She is?” He gasped, “Seriously?”

“With Taylor.” He gasped again. “I know.” I sighed, beat up about the whole thing.

“How are you feeling about it?” Kevin said, noticing my mood. I grimaced and he nodded understand me from just that one expression.

I was quite annoyed about it but more annoyed at the fact Amy turned out to be a complete and utter slag. I felt bad for Nick because he seemed to be really into her. He even went out in public with her and it took him a while to do that with me. But that could have been because I am famous too, Amy is just a nobody as far as the public are concerned.

Kevin walked me up to my door, “Thanks for bringing me home.” I told him as I rooted through my bag. I’m sure I put my key in there, I unzipped all the pockets and checked them. I knelt down on the floor and tipped my bag out, Kevin chuckled at me.

“Lost your key?”

I replayed my self getting ready and remembered, my key was on my left hand pillow. “Bollocks.” I growled and pulled out my phone.

I tried ringing every phone in the house, even Brooklyn and no one answered. “You can stay at our house.”

“You can’t just decide that.” I considered any possible way of getting into the house. I could never get over the fence into the back yard, all the windows were locked… I didn’t have any trees in front of my house. “Can you?” I sighed rubbing my temple, the headache was kicking into gear.

When I turned around Kevin was on the phone, I leaned against the stone wall and crossed my arms over my chest. “Thanks, love you too.” Kevin ended the call and held his arms in the air. “I’m awesome.”

“Seriously?” I was elated, I would have had no where to go. “I can stay.” He nodded, I hugged his waist and grabbed his hand. I dragged him back to the warmth of the car and sat on my hands to heat them up. “What does Nick think about this?”

Kevin didn’t answer, he just started the car and sped off. “He doesn’t know.”

Panic fled through my body, “Why not?” I demanded, “Pass me your phone.”

Kevin sighed and handed it to me, I sent Nick a text pretending to be Kevin. It was unfair not to give him a warning and completely unnecessary too. I couldn’t imagine how pissed off I would be if I woke up to find Nick in my kitchen eating my food which I planned on doing too. I was hungry already so god knows how loud my stomach will be shouting at me in the morning.

When we got back to the house Denise approached us in her cream dressing gown tied around her, “Are you okay?” She said quietly giving me a hug.

“I’m fine, thanks for letting me stay.” I smiled at her.

“It’s no problem, the guest room is set up. I’ve left you a pair of Kevin’s shorts and one of Nick’s shirts on the guest bed. You should get to bed now everyone else is asleep. Night kids.”

“Night.” Kevin and I whispered together.

“I’ll see you in the morning.” Kevin smiled and ran up the stairs obviously desperate for his bed.

I slowly made my way up the stairs around thirty seconds after Kevin had left. As I crept through the halls everything seemed ten times louder. The creak of the floorboards and the swish of my petticoat under my dress made my heart race.

I flipped the switch of the familiar room and stared at it. Nothing had changed at all which I was glad about, I spotted the pile of folded clothes and changed into it. My stomach was doing flips knowing that Nick was two rooms to the right of me as I lay in bed. His scent filled my nostrils and helped me sleep and it also cleared my head too.

I woke up very early, I tossed and turned for a while trying to get comfortable so I could drift back to sleep but it didn’t happen. I was either too hot or too cold and the cover was all over the bed, upside down, back to front for all I know it could have been inside out.

I eventually gave up and stumbled into the bathroom. Ugh, I looked like shit. I pulled my fingers through my hair trying to make it look half decent but it didn’t work. I washed the smudged make up off my eyes and face then washed my mouth out with some mouthwash. I still looked half dead, my eyes looked dark and droopy and I felt awful too.

I gave up and headed downstairs quietly to the living room. I thought a little TV might pass the time when really it was just a decoy, my thinking past some of it. I knew my heart was in the right place but I could never tell whether his was.

Nothing seemed to be edging towards the positive and with mine and Mandy’s major shoot coming up it needed to or else this promo was going to be a dud. I couldn’t help but worry I was going to mess this up for Mandy because I would never be able to focus if Nick had anything to do with it.

I was tired of everything being because of Nick.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone who commented, there was a massive improvement.

Keep it up! :)

Love Rose