Sequel: Save Me

You're Right That It's Wrong To Spend the Night Alone

18

"Are you sure he's gonna be good for you, Ry?"

I shrugged a little, looking down. "I dunno, I mean... I love him, Will."

"You know I only want what's best for you."

"I know, Will." I looked up at him to see genuine concern in his eyes.

He smiled a little at me. "So what, being with him's fixed all your problems?"

"I'm working on it."

He nodded. "That's good."

We wandered in silence until we reached the park, where we sat down on a bench.

I took a deep breath, remembering how I was supposed to apologize to everyone I had hurt. "Will?"

"Yeah, Ry?" He tore his gaze away from the sunset to look at me.

"I'm really, really sorry. Truly I am."

He looked suspicious. "For what?"

"For a few months ago. When I called you, I shouldn't have said the things I did. I shouldn't have done what I did. I never meant to hurt you. I'm sorry I did."

"It's okay-"

"I should've been more mature. I should've called you and been rational and not so dramatic."

"I don't think it was your love of dramatics that led you to doing that, Ryan," he whispered softly, looking down at his hands.

"Will, are you okay?"

He looked up, and I saw tears brimming in his eyes. "Ryan, you scared me so much."

"I... I know, Will, I'm so sorry."

"Ryan, you almost didn't wake up. Did they tell you that?" His brown eyes searched mine. "You barely had a pulse when the ambulance got there. You had lost so much blood. I was the only person there that had a match to your blood type. I had to donate massive amounts. And I'm cool with that, cause I love you. That's why I was sick, you remember that?"

I nodded dumbly.

"I donated as much as I possibly could so that you would be okay. It made me sick. And it still wasn't enough. We're lucky they had your type on file, or whatever.You barely woke up."

I reached up to wipe away the tears pouring down his face.

"I love you, Ryan."

I wrapped my arms around his neck, whispering into it, "I love you too, Will."

We returned to the house two hours later.
"I'll see you later, Ry." He smiled, kissing my forehead and hugging me tightly.

"Bye, Will." I shrugged his coat off, handing it to him. "Thanks."

"Anytime." He pulled it on, buttoning it up.

I smiled, opening the door and smiling at him. "Seriously, thanks. I'll see you later."

"Bye."

I watched him walk down the driveway, and I smiled, closing the door.

"Ry, you're finally home!"

I turned around to see Brendon. "Hey, baby."

"Hey." He wrapped his arms around my neck, kissing me deeply, and I smiled, resting my hands on his hips.

"How are you doing?"

He smiled. "I'm good, how 'bout you?"

"Good. Will always makes me smile."

He frowned a little, but nonetheless mumbled, "That's good."

I giggled. "Not like you, gorgeous. Never like you."

And he kissed me again.