Sequel: Save Me

You're Right That It's Wrong To Spend the Night Alone

27

"Spence, I'm gonna stay the night on Will's bus."

"Are you okay?"

"Sure, let's go with that."

"What's wrong-"

"Just let it go, okay? Don't worry about it. William'll take care of me."

I could practically hear the frown in his voice when he replied, "Okay... Love you, Ry."

"You too," I mumbled, and slid my phone shut, and cuddled into Will's side.

His hands ran absentmindedly through my hair and I smiled a little, snuggling in closer.

"Are you doing okay, Ry?"

I shrugged. "Sure."

"Don't lie, love."

I shrugged again. "Can't help it."

He sighed, tilting my chin up and making me look him in the eyes. "Ry, I just don't want you to hurt. I knew he was gonna tear you apart the minute you told me you were together."

I sighed back. "And, yet, here I am. Whole, in your arms."

He laughed a little, dropping my chin and kissing my forehead. "Wanna watch a movie?"

"Mmm, sure."

"Nightmare Before Christmas?"

"Sure."
But as he leaned over to get the DVD, I felt a wave of pain hit me straight in the heart. Brendon and I always watched it together.
"Um, actually, Will, can we watch something different?"

He smiled sympathetically. "Sure thing, love."

I kneeled beside him, skimming through his DVD's before finally picking out The Breakfast Club.

He giggled, putting in the player, before he dragged me back to the sofa, wrapping his arms around me.

Ry, where are you? Are you okay?

I sighed, snapping my phone shut and toying with it in my hands.

"Ry?"

"It's Bren," I mumbled, burying my face in his arm.

"Ah."

"Can you tell him I don't wanna talk to him?" I looked up at him hopefully, holding my phone out.

"Why don't you?" he replied gently, tucking my hair behind my ear and turning the phone back to me.

I sighed, and flicked it open again.