Sequel: Save Me

You're Right That It's Wrong To Spend the Night Alone

28

Leave me alone Bren.

Are you okay, at least?

I'm fine. I'm with Will.

Why?

You know why.

What?

I saw you today.

I saw you today, too

You know what I mean.

No, I don't.

Well, next time you see Martin, kick him in the balls for me and then you can't suck his dick when you're done, okay?

Oh shit...

Fuck you Brendon. I wish I'd never seen you.

Ry, I'm sorry, it just happened.

Save it. Don't write a word cause I won't reply.


I sighed as the phone rang. "It's Brendon," I mumbled, glaring at the caller ID.

Will plucked it out of my hands, flipping it open. "Hi, Bren. He doesn't want to talk to you right now...At all...No, seriously... Brendon, he's not retarded. For fuck's sake, that's what you get."
He flipped it shut and I buried my face in his chest again.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled.

"It's okay, Ry."

I looked up at him. "Do you have any vodka or anything?"

He pursed his lips. "You're too young."

"So?" I mumbled.

"And I hate it when you drink." His voice was soft, his lips moving against my ear.

I turned my head so we were nose-to-nose. "Well, I hate me, and you should, too, so does it matter?"

He frowned, holding me tight against his chest, burying his face in my hair. "Don't hate yourself, beautiful."

I shrugged. "Can't help it."

He sighed, and I turned around to watch the movie again.

The whole movie was a bad idea. God, why did they have to fall in love? Did they really have to do something like that? They couldn't have proven all the stereotypes right and shown that people just don't get along?

"Will, lemme up," I mumbled, feeling tears in my eyes, near the end.

He let me up, engrossed in the movie.

I stumbled back to the bathroom, searching until I found someone's razor.
Running my finger over it, I grinned in a sick, twisted way. It felt new- sharp.

I managed to break the metal out of the plastic quietly, not quite sure how.
And I drug the metal's edge against my wrist.
Deeper, deeper.
I took a deep breath, wrapping a dark towel around my wrist not ten minutes later. I pulled my sleeve back down over it, and walked back out to the front.

"Hey, I was starting to think you fell in." Will smiled easily up at me, laughing a little.

"Nope, sorry."

He smiled a little. "What time is it, anyway?" he mumbled, peering out the window.

I flipped my phone open. "'Bout nine-thirty."

"Not too late..." He bit his lip.

"Why?"

He shrugged. "I dunno, just curious. I wanted to figure out how much time I had left with you." He grinned at me, giggling.

I smiled, sitting on the sofa, and he rested his hands on my hips, pulling me down.

I giggled. "Why, William Beckett, feeling me up?"

He laughed. "Most definitely."

I lay down, and he pecked my cheek.

"You know... Ryan... You are beautiful."

I blushed. "So are you," I mumbled back.

He stroked my cheek with his thumb. "I don't know why you let him treat you like this." He took a deep breath. "It hurts me to watch, I can only imagine how you feel."

I shrugged. "I'll be fine." I gently pulled his hand down.

He smiled a little. "Thumb war?"

I giggled. "I'm warning you now, I dominate."

"Mmm, Ry?"

It was now one-thirty, and we were falling asleep in Will's bunk.

"Hm?"

"I love you."

I smiled, burying my face in his hair. "I love you, too."