Sequel: Save Me

You're Right That It's Wrong To Spend the Night Alone

31

We put on one of the worst shows of our lives that night. Nobody noticed, somehow, but the magic that usually hung over our heads certainly wasn't there anymore.

When we finished, and we were back on the bus, Brendon sat down next to me.

I sighed, shifting to get farther away from him.

"Ryan, can we talk?"

"I think we can. 'Will we?' is a much better question."

"Ryan, I know you'll never forgive me. But can we please try to at least be civil towards each other... Be friends again?"

I took a deep breath. "Why should we?"

"Ry, we've been best friends since I was five years old. I mean, honestly, without you, I'd be lost. I need you in my life, one way or the other. And I can't deal with you hating me... I just can't. I know I'm asking for a lot. I mean, a lot. But I'll beg and do anything I can to be your friend again." He paused. "Ryan, I'm so sorry I hurt you. I didn't mean to."

I looked over at him.

He swallowed hard, and I could tell he was trying not to let me see the tears welling up in his eyes.
When I didn't respond, he just looked away, trying to laugh a little, and mumbled, "Well, yeah, that's what I expected. Yeah, you know what, let's just... I dunno, cancel the tour, or I'll leave and you can find someone-"

I wrapped my arms around him.

"-and...um... Hello."

I hugged him tighter. "You're forgiven."

He pulled away, looking me in the eyes. "What?"

"Bren, you're my best friend, and I pushed you into doing something you didn't wanna do, and I knew this was gonna happen. So let's just... Try to pretend this never happened, yeah? We can go back to being just friends again?"

He just smiled, holding me tightly.

As we sat there, I couldn't help but remember something my mother once told me.
"When one door slams, a window opens."

I always liked windows better, anyway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woot! The end!
For now.
The sequel should be up within a few days, if not by tonight.
I hope y'all liked it.
And did you know comments will encourage me to put the much-better-sequel up faster?
=]
<3 Manda