The Treasurer

The Meeting

Jaylie
Hilltop High was too boring, too safe. The latest so-called scandal wasn’t even true. Although, I do have to give props to the person that came up with this story so fast. Apparently, It’s that Stan and I had a summer fling and now that school has started it’s the real thing. Definitely not correct information since he spent most of his summer in California to visit with his grandpa.
Mary Rose my girl best friend was the gossip queen. No, she never starts gossip since she doesn’t really have an imagination but she does spread it…fast. That girl is never caught without her phone I swear she is always texting. This is how I kept up on the latest gossip stories but its pretty hard keeping up with her text gossip.
“Hey, babe.” Said a familiar voice in my ear.
“Ha-Ha Stan I see you got the newest gossip text from Mary Rose, man can you believe people would believe that you and I would ever go out?” It slipped before I realized what I had said but nonetheless, I could see the hurt in Stan’s brown eyes.
“Oh Yeah funny stuff ok well see you in English.” He turned away before I could even mutter a sorry.
I walked over to my locker still feeling bad for Stan. My phone began to beep as it usually did when I had a text. Again, it was from Mary Rose; without even bothering to look at the new gossip story I shut my phone off. Finally, gathering my book I headed off to my first period class.

Keith
Boards on wheels, how strange and such a different way of transportation from when I was in school. Music in cars? How long has it been since I was last here in this dimension? The jeans I was wearing felt too tight but Katherine swore it was the style that was being worn. These Teenagers are definitely different from when I was a teenager… a living teenager.
“Oh um Keith over here will be your sixth period class, um it’ll start in 15 minutes so please uh sit down and wait for the class to start.” The office aid said as she concluded the end of the tour with my sixth period class. She was small and smelled salty like fear it was somewhat repelling to smell.
“Thank you for your kindness.” Almost bowing but I quickly reminded myself not to.
I opened the classroom door expecting a teacher to be seen but finding none still I stepped inside looking around my new surroundings. Shakespeare posters, Book cases filled with different genres, and student desks all in tidy rows facing the front of the class room. Yes, it was an average English classroom. Just as I was becoming comfortable with my surroundings, the door opened letting in a gust of wind and nearly made me jump. I breathed in the wind that was let in… the smell was so overpowering. I sniffed the air smelling the honey scent and wow it was intoxicating.
“Oh hi sorry but is Mrs. Gram here?” Her face flushed with surprise it was such a beautiful sight. This student I realized wasn’t just any student it was our Treasurer.
“I am not quiet aquatinted with Mrs. Gram, I am a new student.” I tilted my head to the side trying to figure out what made this girl so special to be our Treasurer.
“Ok, well I’m Jaylie.” She felt awkward I could smell it.
“Pleased to meet you Ms. Jaylie, I am…

Jaylie
… Keith.” He finished.
What a strange guy he definitely isn’t from here. He spoke so proper yet it was like he wasn’t sure of what to say. The way he spoke was way to Romeo lingo for me. He was different no scratch that he was beyond different to say the least. He was tall so tall my head barely reached his chest. His eyes…green…not just a plain boring green but a glimmering emerald green. I’m sure all of the girls’ were already drooling over him and his full lips and the way that crooked smile seemed to make your body tingle all over. His black hair almost covered his eyes but not in an emo way nah uh on him it was sexy. He smelled like tangy spice it was addicting, I felt like I had no control over myself like I might…
“Oh dear, Oh dear, are you the new student?” I wasn’t even sure how I didn’t hear Mrs. Gram enter the front door.
“Yes, I am Keith.” His voice was so deep but smooth like a pool that I wanted to dive into.
“Well Keith um class should be starting soon so please have a seat behind Ms. Worth.” She said finally noticing that I was in the room.
“Lead the way, Ms. Worth.” He grinned slyly.
Just as both Keith and I sat down the school bell rang announcing it was the end of fourth period. I could feel his burning gaze staring at me from behind. I had an itch of curiosity to turn around but I fought against it and stayed facing the front.
“Jaylie? You alright?” Stan asked breaking my trance. Silently I thanked him.
“Huh? Oh yeah I’m good just thinking about the party tomorrow.”
“Man I can’t believe Ryan’s parents are going on vacation for two weeks! You better be there, tomorrow is going to be something you can’t miss.” Stan said excitedly as he sat down in his seat beside me.
There was a soft growl that must’ve escaped from Keith’s mouth but no one seemed to notice it except me. He was strange indeed but he held a power that made him seem like a born leader. Was he good or was he bad such a mystery that I wanted to figure out. And what better way to find out more about him than to have him go to the party! Yes, I had a feeling that hilltop high was going to get a lot less boring.
♠ ♠ ♠
~~~Can't resist reading huh?~~~