‹ Prequel: Sunlight (book 2)
Sequel: Skylight (book 4)

Starlight (book 3)

Known News

(Maeve’s POV)
I was laying with Nadir, staring up at the stars. They were sparkling so bright… they seemed so small when they were really so big. Their power and might, their glow and small barely noticeable shape. They sit so happily in the sky as they oftenly represent heaven or the world beyond. For that was what they were, they represented the world around us and the world beyond our eyes. So peaceful…

And yet they sat over a suffering world.

A world filled with hate.

Violence.

Murder.

…blood.

I shivered. Nadir wrapped his arms tighter around me. I smiled widely at him staring at his eyes. The starlight reflected off of his once brown now black eyes. How was I going to tell him? How was I going to tell him that I planned to follow Kyra, Moon and Eamon? I was too terrified for them. They were tracking a vampire without any knowledge of him. Did he have a coven? Did he have a torturing ability? I mean, O my Gosh, they didn’t even know his name! They were blindly following a scent. A scent, a trail that no one knew the ending to. A trail that could end violently…

I closed my eyes, trying not to think about the end. If I could catch them, follow them, maybe I could stop them. Stopping Eamon, not so hard. All I have to do is stop Moon, Eamon will follow her to the ends of the Earth and jump off if she did. Kyra was the problem. Would it even be possible to stop her? I’m sure that Moon was trying to. She must see how dangerous this is. Moon out of all of us could notice something dangerous.

My eyes jolted open. Moon! Her talent, her ability! She would have to have noticed that something dangerous was coming or it wasn't. The reason they went was probably because Moon didn’t sense any danger. It all made sense! (Moon’s ability was being able to sense when something dangerous to her health is coming or being created. It has come in handy in the past, with Xerxes and all). But still, her ability is new. Maybe she doesn't see... I shook my head, I couldn't leave them.

Well… time to tell him.

“Um, Nadir? I have, something to tell you…” I muttered. Nadir smiled.

“Is this about you wanting to follow Kyra, Moon and Eamon?” Nadir asked. My eyes widened as I turned to look at him, a little smile on my face.

“How did you…?”

“I heard you talking to yourself the other day. It’s OK, we can follow them just as long as we avoid humans. You know that I’m in like, zero control here.” Nadir said. It was true, the only reason he was doing so great was because we were miles from any humans (Ohanapecosh was closed again on account of it’s freezing here and it might snow. Summer was over).

“Umm… I don’t know where the trail is headed, so we might run into some humans…” I muttered. If we left the forest, then we would definitely be close to humans. He shook his head.

“I don’t want to kill anyone… No matter what my blood craving brain and body makes me think, I really don’t want blood. I don’t want to risk losing control…” He muttered. I sighed and nodded. So… did that mean I was left with a choice? A choice over leave Nadir behind while I go and look for my friends or let my closest friends face whatever lays before them alone? Then again… if I did follow them, and if a fight or something else laid ahead, then the chances of me seeing Nadir again were around zero to ten. I gripped Nadir tighter than before, not wanting, not daring to let him go. Then I remembered Moon’s face, the both times she saved me…
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter is just going to pick up the second after Maeve remembers these memories.