Love, Debbie

Here Comes the Bride... PART TWO!

Once the whole bridal party and family of the bride arrived at St. Theresa’s church, Kaelynn stepped up to act as wedding planner.
“We have five minutes people!” She yelled, looking at her watch as the whole bridal party climbed out of the limo, “Keira!” She yelled, glaring at Janie’s best friend who was one of the bridesmaids.
“Y-yes.” Keira said, turning white.
“Your HAIR!” Kaelynn shrieked.
Keira’s hand flew to her head, “What’s wrong with it?” She gasped.
“You have split ends!” Kaelynn gasped.
Keira lowered her hand, “Um… Sorry?” She said, looking like she didn’t know how to respond to Kaelynn’s accusation.
Kaelynn sighed, “Well, I suppose there’s nothing we can do about it.”
“Mom, chill.” Debbie’s sister Willa said, rolling her eyes.
Kaelynn snapped her head so she was looking at Willa, “Chill? We are supposed to be walking down the aisle NOW and you are telling me to CHILL?!”
Willa and Debbie looked at each other and rolled their eyes, “If we’re supposed to be walking down the aisle, than why aren’t we.”
Kaelynn paused, “Oh. Let me just wave at the organist than we’ll send the flower girls down.”
Kaelynn ran over to the doors of the church and waved at Mr. Kavanagh, the organist.
“Okay,” She said brushing her hands against each other, “Alexis and Lauren, it’s your turn to go.” She said to Debbie’s two cousins as she gently pushed them into the aisle.
After the flower girls had gotten to the altar, Kaelynn shoved Debbie’s seven year old brother, Reilly, who was the ring bearer, down the aisle.
Once he was at the altar, It was Debbie’s turn. She walked down the aisle with Mikayla, the other junior bridesmaid. Mikayla was Elliot’s younger sister and a year older than Debbie. Debbie knew that Mikayla didn’t like her, she just wasn’t sure why.
As she walked down the aisle, she could hear everyone gushing about how beautiful and grown-up she looked. She looked and saw her grandmother sobbing. She tried not to laugh as she thought about how people cried when the bride walked down the aisle, not her younger sister. When they had reached the altar, Debbie threw her cheesiest grin at Elliot who smiled his cheesiest grin back.
When she and Mikayla took their places, they watched all the other bridesmaids come down the aisle, and then the maid of honor. The slow song stopped and the bridal march began to play. The congregation stood up and gasped as Janette stepped into view, a vision in white, with her father and mother walking her down the aisle.
Debbie looked at Elliot as Janette walked down the aisle, and decided right then that the look of pure love and happiness on Elliot’s face was one she couldn’t wait for the man who loved her to have on his face.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
After the wedding and reception, Debbie was sitting on Willa’s bed. Willa was trying to get the bobby-pins out of Debbie’s hair.
“OW!” Debbie yelped, her hand flying to the back of her head, “That hurt!”
“Sorry.” Willa said, not sounding sorry at all.
“Are you done yet?” Debbie asked, impatient.
“I’d be done a lot sooner if you just sat still.” Willa snapped.
Debbie stuck her tongue out, then realized Willa couldn’t see it.
“Are you done yet?” Debbie asked again.
Willa smacked the back of Debbie’s head, “Shut. Up.” She said, her teeth clenched.
After five more minutes of arguing and of Willa jabbing Debbie in the head with the bobby pins, they were done. Willa counted 51 pins.
“Wowza!” Willa exclaimed, “If the junior bridesmaid had that many in her hair, I wonder how many Janie had.”
“Good night, Willa.” Debbie interrupted, yawning.
“Good night, Debra.” Willa said.
Debbie went into her room, where the four cousins she was rooming with were all asleep. She carefully stepped over them and went to her desk. She put the lamp desk, praying it wouldn’t wake anyone up, and took out her favorite stationary and began to write.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy :)