Take Your Pick...

... Dolly.

Kay woke up around 9 the next morning. She decided to go pay her friend Ruby a visit, so she jumped in the shower and dolled herself up to go walking the 5 blocks into suburbia. Kay was always a little envious towards Ruby. The girl had almost anything she could ever want, but she was never the type to flaunt. But with her light brown wavy hair, green eyes and nearly uncanny resemblance to Cyd Charisse, why shouldn't she?
As she reached the fresh cut lawn with flowers a mile high on the inside of the white picket fence she headed up to the front porch and rang the doorbell. Ruby's father, Mr. Wood, andswered the door, " Well good morning Kay, how are you?" He greets letting her inside.
" I'm doing okay Mr. Wood. Is Ruby home?" Kay asks looking noisily around.
" She sure is, right upstairs." he pointed.
" Thank you." she hurried up the stairs and saw Ruby with her door wide open reading on the bed, " Hey Ruby." Kay smiled taking a seat at the vanity chair.
" Sh. This is the best part." Ruby read on then laid her book mark on the page," So what's your tale nightingale? How was work?"
Kay let out a soft sigh, " It was something else."
" Really?" Ruby said with no hint of enthusiasm.
" Wouldn't you know I didn't get out till almost 2 in the morning?"
" What? That's crazy, why?"
" This group of guys came in. Hip, and really handsome."
Ruby suddenly became interested in the topic, as she sat up and looked right at Kay.
" Well there was Sid, Guinea Pig, Looter and Rumor." Kay started, " They were your typical gang with the leather jackets and greased back hair. Smithy didn't like them to well. But they were really nice to me. Looter tipped me 25 cents and he told me not to tell."
Ruby's eyes lit up, " Did he ask you out or anything?"
" Of course not." Kay laughed, " He just told me they were coming back tonight."
" You think they will? You know how those greaser guys can be." Ruby smirked.
Kay bit her lip in thought, " I guess your right."
Later on Ruby and Kay headed into town at the local record store, Shifties. As the 2 girls wonder on they saw the malt shoppe. They exchanged looks and headed inside. Taking a sit in the nearest booth they ordered 2 cherry sodas with chocolate ice cream and a basket of french fries to share.
" Oh my God." Kay choked on her soda.
" What? What's wrong?" Ruby asks.
" That's Guinea Pig, from the diner." Kay kept her eye on him. He wasn't with any of the other boys, instead he was sitting in a booth with 2 other guys, whom she's never seen before.
" Which one?" Ruby looks.
" That one, right there with the slight pompadour." Kay whispered for no reason.
" What a looker he is." Ruby grinned, " The rest just as nice to look at?"
Kay nodded with smile on her face. Guinea Pig stood up with his company ready to head out when he noticed her, too.
" Well hello there Baby-Doll. How are you doing?" He greets with his chipped tooth smirk.
" Hey Guinea Pig." she laughs.
" How- Hey there Dolly, what's your name?" He looked a Ruby.
" My name's Ruby." She smiles.
" Nice to meet you Dolly. Well girls I hate to cut this but I gotta split."
" Awe well it was good seeing you." Kay said taking a sip of her soda.
" Yeah. The gang and I will see you later tonight, hope to see you around Dolly." Guinea Pig headed out the door where his friends were waiting for him.
" Wow." Ruby grinned. " Maybe I should go to work with you."
Kay went to work later that night, Ruby couldn't get her parents to let her go along. Smithy left the other cook Robin to wait with Kay. In the semi dark yet still lively dinner Kay had the jukebox going with The Champs " Tequila " and she couldn't help herself to dancing around as she cleaned the tables. She didn't even notice the truck pulling into the parking lot and the 4 boys walking into the diner.
" Well well baby-doll, your cookin it well."
She quickly spun around on her toes, " Hey-uh guys."
They all took their spots at the counter and she grabbed her tablet, " What'll it be tonight boys?"
Sid abruptly sat up, " You know what I'm in the mood for a hockey puck, mustard, ketchup the works. With a Bud. Guinea Pig can drive home."
Well done hamburger. Kay deciphered, " Hey Guinea Pig what about you?"
" Well.... thanks Sid for killing my night, I guess I'll have corn dog and a root beer float."
" What says you Rumor?" Kay kept going.
He smiled like a baby, " Since Smithy isn't working I'll have the new cook make me a Blue plate special with the biggest bottle of Bud you can get."
" How about you Looter." She asked at last.
" I'm not really in the mood for anything, thanks though." He says popping a mint into his mouth. Eying him with suspicion she handed Robin the orders.
" Where's your friend, Kay?" Guinea Pig asks suddenly.
" Ruby?" Kay remembered, " Oh her parents wouldn't let her go out."
" So she's at her home, eh?" he exchanged looks with Sid, " Sorry to hear that."
" Woah-Woahhh. Baby-Doll has a friend?" Rumor gets excited, " Is she cute?"
Guinea Pig nudged him hard to shut him up, " Of course she is wazoo. Don't have a cow."
Kay couldn't control the chuckle that escaped her lips, " You guys are a bunch of crazies."
" Baby-Doll you ain't seen nothing yet." Looter grinned.
As the guys got their meal Kay expected the same as before, but they didn't leave immidiantly when they finished.
" What are you up to tonight?" Sid finally asked.
" Home mostly... why?"
" Want to hang the guys and I? Were going to the Reservoir."
" I'd love to." She said without hesitation.
' Alright, just one last question. Where does Ruby live?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfits were:
Ruby
Kay

Homes:
Ruby's