Status: Active

Wasteland

Image

So I tell myself, tell myself, it’s wrong
There’s a point we pass,
From which we can’t return,
I felt the cold rain of the coming storm;

All because of you, I haven’t slept in so long,
When I do, I dream of drowning in the ocean,
Longing for the shore, where I can lay my head down,
I’ll follow your voice,
All you have to do is shout it out.


I was dazed by his presence, stunned under his cautious, honey gaze, much like a deer in the headlights of an oncoming vehicle. My senses were locked down; shoved into the dusty corners of my mind upon my last act of awareness and self-control. My final rash decision of careful, almost rational in itself, weighing of my options; run away, far away-or-stand trapped by his inhuman glow; the hunger in his eyes.

The answer was as transparent as my so-called hatred for him.

Moonlight filtered through my partially drawn curtains, dancing across my eyelashes and streaming down my hair, to my limp hand at my side. It was so close to his. The nearly fluorescent glow only touched his eyes, nothing else. It glistened and swirled, dancing with the unbalanced emotions within him. Yet it also binds us together, in an unbreakable bond, if only for that moment.

He opened his mouth, as if to speak; the glow blazed against his bared teeth; not convincing enough to force me to fear him, but possibly, to trust him even more. The glorious, golden-haired boy before me broke little the space between us. He stepped forward, expressionless. His topaz eyes searched mine for trust; desperately. I searched back, equally as desperate, but looking for something different. Trust in himself.

He bent down ever so slightly, hardly noticeable. His lips were ghosting against mine as he began to talk, his warm breath running down my neck. His lips were cold, but soft, I wanted so badly to move forward, if only a little further.

His chilled hand linked with mine at an alarming speed, I gasped at his forward action, foreign to me, compared to his previous slow movements. He grasped my shaking hand as if at any moment, I would disappear.

“Do you realize,” He paused, “-how wrong this is?”

“Yes.” I responded feebly.

“Tell me,” He breathed, his lips seemed to inch closer, “What if I hurt you?”

“I would forgive you.” His eyes closed visibly, to where he was staring from beneath his lashes.

“I need you.”

Then, his eyes closed completely, and my hand was released.

If only for that moment…

©Stephenie Meyer;; Jasper Hale; Twilight Cast