Don't You Go Down

Chapter one

It's not easy being the weird kid. Yeah, it can be fun with the right people on the right day, but... Being weird isn't the best way to be if you don't want tot be lonely.. Don't get me wrong, there are girls here, of every kind, who find guys like me, with out eyeliner, hot, and would love to be with me, but I'm just not interested in them... I don't know why. That, however is not much of a concern to me. Nothing is anymore.

I heard there's a new kid in town. I also heard he's a big shot. He doesn't play sports or anything, he's just good with the girls. It would seem, though, that he's not interested in any of them, either. You can't go anywhere down these halls without a group of girls asking each other, "What's his problem?" or "Is there something wrong with me?" The funny thing is, he's only been here for two class periods. I can't wait to meet him.

"Ryan." I looked up from my lunch tray. "That's him."

I think something just punched me in my heart.

"Brendon.."

"what?"

I was short of breath. My eyes were getting watery. I stood up abruptly, almost knocking my tray to the floor. I sped to the bathroom.

Memories came flooding into my head. We'd made a promise.


"We can't let this happen, again."

"Well, what should we do?"

Mrs. Urie looked at me, sitting my little clue chair, my feet almost able to touch the ground. I grabbed the sides of my seat and clenched my eyes closed. I wish we'd never been caught.

"We should move."

Mrs. Urie sighed. "We'll both move.In opposite directions."

I felt her eyes look up from me. I opened an eye and looked at Brendon, across the room. He was sitting straight up, looking ahead with a black expression. I would miss him.

"Come on," our mothers stood up together, "We should finish this discussion somewhere private.." I could feel Mrs. Urie's hesitation.

"Leave them alone?"

"They won't do anything, will you?" My mother's cold eyes stared back at me.

"No Ma'am." They went into the kitchen.

The moment a tear rolled down my eye, Brendon was by my side to catch it.

"It's okay, Ryan." He hugged me for a moment, then went to the kitchen to listen in.

After a few minutes he came back to me. "You're moving to Missouri.. I'm going to Arizona."

I looked at his eyes. "Promise me something?"

"Anything."

"You'll find me."

"I promise." He sealed it with a kiss, and was in his chair just before out parents came back it.

"C'mon Brendon, we've got a lot of packing to do."

Just like that, he was gone..


Just like, he was back. He kept his promise. I leaned over the sink. He'll hate me, I know it. I did nothing to find him. I'd Been trying to erase him from my mind. Remembering him leaving had hurt so much. Trying not to cry all these years was hard. I didn't want to remember him kissing away my tears.. His image was etched into the back of my eyelids. Him leaning against the wall, pretending to be interesting in whatever crap that girl was telling him. He looked... grown up.. But there was no mistaking those lips, his eyes, his everything.

"Ryan?" I jumped up. It was Spencer. "Was that.. him?"

I inhaled deeply, trying to hold my tears back. I nodded.

"He's in out 5th." Spencer left, just before the bell rang. I'd be late. I stopped by my locker to grabbed a hoodie, and pulled the hood over my head, just before entering my 5th period class room. I went to the usual seat in the back with Spencer, passing by... him...

I got halfway through the class, when the teacher decided to looked at me, and said, "Mr. Ross, remove your hood."

I breathed deeply, and slowly pulled my hood back. I stole a glance up. He was looking at me.

This is the first time he looked like he was about to cry.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was bored.. I swear, this was a lot longer on paper. A little more than 3 pages long...

Comment ?