Status: Active

Strained Love

Chapter Three

Esme's Point Of View

We had been in the car for about ten minutes, when I finally asked, "When are we going to get married, and how are we going to plan something big in a few months, or are we going to have a small wedding? How are you going to explain this to all of your friends, they will probably just tell you are crazy for marrying someone younger and more immature than you, not to mention sick!" We had to talk about it sometime, so I figure now is as good as any, or at least thats what the old folks say. After that little outburst I just kept on going. I couldn't control it. It was like everything in my brain had to come out.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Joe said trying to get me to stop my rant. "None of that is true, all of my friends are your friends, and I'm sure they will support us one hundred percent. If they don't then they can all go to hell! All that matters to me now is you! I love you and nothing, I mean nothing will ever change that!" He finished with a bright smile on his handsome face. That face always seemed to get to me even when I was a teeny bopper! All he had to do was smile and everything felt right, and in place. When he held me in his arms, I felt the world was safe and secure. He always says my happiness is the most important, but I'm not going to let him forget his. Through this, all I want to do is make him happy.

"Joe are you sure you want to marry me?" I could feel tears welling up in my eyes, but I won't let them fall, I kept telling myself. He was just looking at me with a dumbfounded look on his face. That made me nervous, so of course the damn tears started to fall.

"Of course! Come on baby please don't cry!" Joe said with that look in his eyes. "You're too pretty to cry! I love you!" He said as he wiped the tears from my eyes with his thumbs. Then he tilted my head up to look me in the eyes, and placed a sweet peck on my lips. All of this while driving, he still seems to amaze me!

"I love you too!" I said after his sweet gesture. "So how much longer 'till we get to this place. We have been driving for four thousand years!" I said leaning back into my seat trying to get comfortable.

"Esme, we have been driving for," he checked his watch, "thirty minutes! Are you tired, because if it's too bad we can go back home, and do this later?" He said starting to get paranoid.

"No Joe I am fine, just a little tired." I said while yawning, "I want to see what this surprise is unless you would like to tell me then we can do it later!" I said with a cheeky grin on my face.
Come on I mean it's torture to keep a secret from me, so this has to work!

"No I think I'll wait until we get there!" He said then looked over at me with an evil smile on that dangerously handsome face. I can't believe I went this long without being his and him being mine!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After another forty-five minutes I was being woken up by a very hyper and excited Joe.

"Hey, are we here?" I asked while balling up my hands and rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, he nodded. "Well, are we going to sit in the car forever or are we going to go see this wonderful surprise?"

"No come on silly!" He said, while pulling me out of the car. I looked around, trying to find put where we were. We were in town, where all of the expensive shops were. I never really came to this part of town, considering Caleb and I don't have have a lot of money. Joe pulled out a blindfold.

"Oh no! I'm not wearing that!" I screamed. Joe understood, because when we were around thirteen and fifteen, Joe made me put on a blindfold and walk through the woods. We were going to his "secret hide out," but I ended up with a broken finger and leg. Joe of course being Joe made it out without a scratch. That "secret hide out" became our favorite place to hang out and get some peace. Somehow Joe managed to be calm during these trips, I still don't know how he managed that. That place is a memory holder for me, we did every thing there. I'm surprised we didn't sleep there sometimes. We built a tree-house there, played house there, and even cross-dressed there. The latter was an act of childishness. We had our names carved high up in one of the trees, from when we climbed one. That turned out bad too, I started to fall but Joe was already down, so he couldn't pull me up. I ended up falling in his arms, at that moment I was hooked. I wish I could get all of these moments to come to life, again.

Joe's Point Of View

Esme is probably thinking about the first time I showed her my "secret hide out". We had many fun times there. I wish I could have not been a chicken, and just told her how I felt, but there is no need to dwell on it now. Now all I have to do is concentrate on making her the happiest girl alive.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it has been a while since I updated, but school is horrid and I have been so exhausted. Please don't be mad! Any suggestions on the story, I will gladly take them!

Comment
Subscribe
~Rikki