Status: hiatus until possible deletion and extreme rewrite

Sex, Booze & Tattoos

Mayhem

Reagan

After a long pause, I give in, "Ed?"
"Daisy?" she fixes her eyes on the strip light on the ceiling, is she stoned I wonder.
I study her dazed expression and read her absinthe-like eyes. I stay silent for another few moments, trying to think of what order and which words to scream at her.
"Daisy?" she gasps.
"You cunt-faced miserable mother fucker! I ought'a jump on your face and rip your fuckin' nose off!" I roar.
"What did I do?" noting the seriousness of my voice, she turns on her innocent and angelic charm.
"Don't start with that bullshit! Why the fuck did you take so long? What did you do to him? You promised you would stop, for fucks sake!"
"I haven't done anything! I kept my damn promise!"
"You so didn't! What happened?" I rise from my seat, irate and overcome with jealousy. "Elvira!" I screech her name again like a fire alarm.
"I told you, nothing!" fear comes to her eyes.
She can't fight when she's not mad, and knowing I'm upset, she can't get mad at me for it. Instead of rising to the challenge, she bolts out of the door. I chase her down the corridor in full fledged fury.
"Just tell me before I garrotte you with your own jewellery, you fucking whore!" I scream like the psycho with I've turned myself into.
Elvira speeds up, jumps onto the tour bus and tears up the stairs along the corridor and to our room which she finds sanctuary in.
"I didn't do anything" she cries as I kick to door with steel toe caps.
"Open this fuckin' door right fuckin' now before I tear it off!" I yell.
"Why?"
"Why run if nothing happened? What's to hide?"
"Nothing to hide, I just don't wanna fight you."
"Why would we fight if there is nothing to hide?"
"Cause you're fuckin' nuts is why! You're blinded by anger, and it's needless, you fuckin' psycho!"
"Is that what you think?" I sigh, looking at the base of the door.
"Yeah, that’s what I think," Elvira bravely opens the door and stares at me in the face.
"You take me for a fucking idiot?" I snap and grab a hold of a good chunk of her long black and purple curls.
"Get the hell off me, you shit! I'm serious; I'll kick your ass if you don't unhand me now!" She roars; now she's annoyed.
"You've betrayed me for the last fucking time" I scream.
"I haven't betrayed you, you fucking psycho!" Elvira rips my grip from her dark locks.
"You fucking have! Stop lying to me"
"I haven't!"
I slap her with tears down my own face.
"You are such a shit!" Elvira manages a horrified look in my direction, followed by a curled fist.
"I don't lie to anyone! Especially not my best fucking friend! I'd die for you. I wouldn't break a promise to you of all people! Stop taking those drugs and stop accusing me of being your worst fucking enemy, you hear!"

Elvira

I storm into the building once more to collect my things. With a cynical yawn, I sigh out aloud; "I woke up, and much to my disappointment the world was still there." Mascara bleeds down my face before I can damage anything. When I finally manage to move, I pull out my phone to try and find someone to talk to. I scroll and scroll and scroll before coming upon Dro's name once again. I have enough problems without involving him. This is gonna suck.
The phone flips shut again. I'm all alone without Reagan.
Storming onto the bus I pull open the fridge and pull out three remaining bottles of Smirnoff Ice then a secretly stowed bottle of the green fairy.
"Bonjour Madame" I greet the bottle.
I rummage for a wine glass and a canister of sugar, before sitting on one of the sofas. A fourth of absinthe, teaspoon of sugar then Smirnoff Ice instead of water.
I stop at half a bottle of green and drain the last of the alcopops, smiling at the foil cocktail umbrella.

Reagan

The blow to the side of my face greets me when I roll onto it. I wince before tracing it with my red and black nails and remembering the purpose it serves; I let jealousy get the better and fool me into another useless dispute which only left me to look stupid.
Sitting up in the double bed, I survey my phone to read the midday time before staring across the small room to the full length mirror fixed to the wall. A faint purple and blue streak runs down my cheek, it could have been a lot worse. My fingers flick the radio on, Sonne by Rammstein comes whirling from the speakers. I turn it up then proceed to dress in black fishnet hold ups, tartan mini skirt and a red Cyberdog tank top. I lace up some shiny New Rocks, run a brush through my hair and apply thick black eyeliner and clear lip gloss after brushing my teeth and so on. I unlock the door and my gaze finds its way to the end of the corridor, I follow it slowly and step carefully down the spiralling staircase. My vision finds Elvira on the sofa with a silver cocktail umbrella in her curls, three empty bottle of Smirnoff Ice, half a bottle of absinthe and a jar of gherkins to accompany the eerie displaced smile on her face.
As the bus in still en-route to the next arena, I'm pretty much trapped. Rummaging through the fridge for any kind of food, cold chicken is wrong. But what about the cupboards? Poptarts! I take a box, dash back to my room and flick on my laptop. As I type, I stuff the Poptarts into the whirring, chomping monster of an orifice that most would call a mouth. I've turned into some kind of garbage disposal or blender. After the contents of the box have been devoured in its entirety I actually start 'work'. Fiction and non-fiction is mixed to sound as true as the dictionary. I stop the objectives of today and finish off three songs entitled, Messed and Depressed, Groupies, and Filthy Little Crack Whore.
"Just another day at the office" I groan into my tape recorder. I wonder if this situation will turn out to be ok. Surely it will if I can manage to pull together and swallow the small remains of pride I still own.

That evening I carry out various things to get information from just about everyone involved in the show before retiring at ten PM to get drunk and think of an apology. But by the time I've thought of a decent one, the band is back and I feel uncomfortable with it. After a couple of late night European horror movies from the nineties with bad plot lines and soft core porn are standard, I'm left with Jack Daniels and Joey Jordison.
"I mean, she's my best friend really. I don't know what to do!" I cry.

Elvira

Back in a decent bed as opposed to a sofa is too good to leave for a while. I bask in the warm sheets and snuggle into the thick duvet without a care in the world until the vibrations of the engine prevent me going back to sleep of course.
"Motherfucker" I complain under my breath before throwing the cover over my head. "There's a hole in the soul that we will with dope, and we're feelin' fine" I sing to myself in want of some of the good stuff.
The cover comes off; I ruffle my messy curls, scan the room for clothes and find ones I like. Pulling on my selection of black denim shorts, purple fishnet hold ups, New Rock heels and a black corset I then heave a sigh. Wash my face and teeth before dabbing on the usual minimal makeup of pale face power and thick black eyeliner I add purple eye shadow and pull on my white leather jacket.
"Elvira" there's a knock at the door, which I immediately pull open.
"French fries and coffee," I reply.
"That sounds like a breakfast order," Chris says.
"You didn't wanna get me breakfast?"
"I came to tell you we're stopping off at McDonalds in about half an hour."
"Can you get me breakfast then? Cause you're cool" I raise both eyebrows with a smile.
"If you give me the cash. I'm not made of money."
"I like you," I laugh then grab my wallet before walking down the stairs after Chris.
Half of the band are watching TV and smoking when I get there, all of a sudden Joey races down the stairs,
"Where are we gonna be in twenty minutes?" he asks with his phone in hand.
"Hey-ho Joe! In that much time we'll still be on the road but in a further ten we'll be at McDonalds" Paul tells him.
"Thanks" he mumbles and rushes back up the stairs supposedly to continue the conversation he's having on the phone with whoever it is.
I turn back with a shrug and find someone's drank my chocolate milkshake from the fridge and put the empty bottle back.
"Who did this?" hand on hip and container in the other grip.
"Sorry, I just like chocolate milk is all," Corey looks at me innocently.
"Asshole" I throw the bottle in his general direction.
"Elv', could you, erm, get her up please," Joey slides down the stairs behind me and adds a quiet cough, I wouldn’t have noticed if he didn't speak.
"Excuse me?" I stop him in his tracks.
"Could you go get Reagan up please?" he repeats, facing me.
"I don't know where she is," I reply airily.
"Last bunk, top left" he says.
I raise an eyebrow sceptically but nod and steal Corey's coffee while he's not looking, and climb the stairs.
"Heil Hitler!" I call in a rough German accent.
She immediately jumps up and almost hits her head.
"Get up" I say and give her the last drop of coffee.
"I'm sorry" she replies as I'm halfway through the bedroom door.
"Hitler sucks" I say, which is what she was supposed to say after the 'Heil Hitler' remark.
I fling the door shut and grab my phone off the side and slip it into my free pocket.
"Elv' I'm so sorry for the other day. I've gotta get over this jealousy thing," Reagan says creaking the door open to come and get dressed.
"Yeah you do," I sigh offhandedly, tidying the room which is an utter tip.
"I've been a complete asshole, I'll do whatever you want to make it up to you."
"Reag', fuck-face, in time I'll be less pissed off with you, you can't speed that up. And that’s before you're my life partner, if I didn't have you I'd have no one and I will always love you. But you really are an asshole and you should feel like one."
"Geez, thanks" she sighs, now fully dressed.
"Welcommen."

Shortly the bus stops and we go to the front of it before descending down the steps, and see a familiar looking girl running across the parking lot towards the vehicle and then Joey locks her in his arms. Reagan and I exchange glances then proceed to the exit. Straight out of the door, we ignore the couple and go on ahead to the fast food restaurant.
"Joey, who are they?" the girl enquires in a negative, almost monotone.
"That’s Reagan and Elvira, they're journalists from Metal Hammer doing a feature on the band for their magazine," he explains briefly.
"Aren’t you going to introduce us?" she continues as we ourselves sustain our path to food.
"Hey Landers, DeMona, come over here I want you to meet someone," Joey calls.
"Nice to know he's back to friendly terms with us," I mutter. Both turning with fake smiles, we stop and they come towards us. I do recognise her, can't remember where from though, must have been a long time. The feeling going through me says that she isn't someone we ever liked.
"This is my girlfriend, Laura," Joey introduces her. "Elvira, Reagan"
In turn we smile at her.
"Sorry, I'd love to chat but Chris has my breakfast waiting. Catch ya later," I spin on my heel and stride off knowing full well Reagan will be stuck to my side with the same feeling and knowledge so I don't have to tug at her wrist.
"Laura" we both drone, un-amused and fully aware of whom she is.
"I hate that cunt so much!" Reagan growls.
"You, me both honey."
"What are we gonna do?"
"To Miss Mayhem? I'm not sure yet, but whatever it is, it's gonna be good."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long!
Comment?? PLEASE!