Status: hiatus until possible deletion and extreme rewrite

Sex, Booze & Tattoos

Noir

Elvira

It’s never a good idea to run around any of the streets of London, especially not with expensive equipment so I dive out of Dro’s way and rush back inside. All be it his attempt to catch me is less than half arsed.
“Ahaaa fun,” I sigh with a smile as I sit down on the steps and wait for him.
“You admit defeat? I knew the day would come,” Dro grins and sits beside me.
“I am not defeated, I’m just nice,” I lay the guitar across my lap.
“How was your adventure?” he questions.
“Far too exhausting. Europe was easier to handle,” I’m not sure if he’ll catch on but I keep myself amused all the same. “Its cold out here, let’s go back upstairs and you can explain your need to visit,” I turn back to him on the stairs, “Not that I’m not pleased to see you again.”
We ascend the staircase and luckily I left the door ajar so there was no worry about still having keys in my pocket or not.
“So,” Dro begins, landing himself on my black sofa, “I come here on business and then it turns out you need more of a talking to than I’d anticipated by time you return.”
“A talking to? I don’t think I need one of those,” I roll my eyes and begin to make us cups of coffee, “What did I need talking to about in the first place?”
“It’s been too long since we’ve seen each other or even spoken. I get the impression you were severing ties with me.”
I look up from dishing out teaspoons of sugar and feel so guilty at the soft look on his face. I heave a large shaky sigh and look down.
“I didn’t want to sever ties with you, I wasn’t even trying to. But I don’t feel well in myself, you know what I’m like. I didn’t think it’d do you any harm to be away from my head-fuck.”
I slowly step over to set the drinks down on the coffee table and sit down on the sofa.
“That’s a terrible excuse. I do know what you’re like and I still want to know you,” he puts an arm around me and pulls me towards him.
I realise I’m suddenly feeling sorry for myself, which will simply not do. “Fuck it,” I exhale forcefully, “So what do you want to do first, tell me off for fighting in the playground or tell me the main reason you came all the way across the Atlantic.”
“Honestly I came here because I was kinda bored and wanted a solo trip. I figured I may as well try to drop in on you too,” he explains, becoming more relaxed and sitting back again.
“I don’t know why I didn’t just give you my keys to this place, sorry about that. Where are you staying?” I enquire.
“Across town at some hotel,” he shrugs, “I should probably get back home in a few days. Running out of things to do.”
“You’re welcome to stay here now if you like. Oh!” I suddenly remember, “I have a phone call to make and then we may have an activity for us,” I smile secretively.
I pick up my phone and call up my friend Alice as it is now time.
“DeMona, are we back on planet England?” she answers my call.
“Uh . . . if England was a planet and not a country then yes. How are we set for this weekend?” I query.
“Yeah, that should be just fine. I’ll tell her when I pick her up from school.” Alice answers.
“Ok cool. I’ll text you when I know our arrival time. From midday onwards I expect. See you then.”
“See you then, bye.” She hangs up.
I yawn then smile at Dro.
“What’s the plan, Stan?” he looks expectantly.
“We’re going to see Noir if you’re game. It’s a bit of a drive but we can set off tomorrow.”
“Great. I can finally meet her.”
There is an atmosphere between us but it’s impossible to describe. I hold up my index finger then leave the room in the direction of Reagan’s bedroom door. I knock and quickly announce the proposed trip.

The thing with Dro and I isn’t simple or normal at all. We’ve been friends a long time but it’s never been that straight forward. There’s been something about him I’ve always adored but the most I can admit to is having stirrings, as opposed to feelings for him. He’s behaved the same towards me but we’ve never outright addressed the problem. Sure there’s been drunken talks, drunken mishaps and those mornings everyone says ‘oh no, what have I done?’ while despairing at themselves. I cannot have a relationship with anyone because my life is too much of a mess, my head is too much of a mess and I’m scared to drag someone down. The idea that terrifies me most is dragging Dro down and ruining what we have. I’d love to let go but that point in my life is something I am not yet prepared for.

“You wanna watch something?” I ask upon re-entering the living room.
“Yeah, I’m easy,” he grins back at me.
I scoff then scan my DVDs. I pick out Queen of The Damned and settle back onto the sofa to finish my coffee and watch. By the halfway point of the film we’re curled up together, just like old times, and needless to say it’s just comfortable.

After the movie I look up and have to speak quickly before my mind goes off track, “You’ve got nothing to say about Laura?”
Dro looks down at me for a few seconds then looks back up, “Nope,” and shrugs.
“Nothing at all?” I’m not sure if that means he doesn’t care or he’s displeased with me.
“I don’t care much for her,” he shakes his head.
“Cool,” I rest my head back on him.
The silence is an easy one but I still decide to pick up the stereo remote and put a CD on, whatever is in the machine will probably do as six discs fit in. The bonus disc on Dope’s American Apathy album comes on and I flick it straight to Spin Me Round as it’s my favourite one on there. It’s an infectious song that I can’t help but sing along to.
I don’t wanna know your name, and I do want your private number baby,” I start bouncing about on the sofa like a giddy child.
I don’t wanna be your friend now baby, but I, I wanna move in just a little bit closer,” we sing together then start giggling because there was no bucket around to carry that tune in.

Reagan

The flat is quiet aside from American Apathy in the living room and for the past half hour or so Damien and I have been silently lay across my bed curled up together. Its been nice and simple and it has calmed me down completely. Needless to say we settled things.
Something was always going to break this serenity up and it’s my phone ringing.
“Yello date line,” I answer without bothering to check caller ID.
“Reaganator, its Veronika. I has the news for yous. I’ve heard along the grape vine that Manson’s been leaving you love letters on your office machine and secondly the lovely Demonika is back on the scene. A date is on the cards,” our lady announces in a single breath.
“Well now, that’s a fair bit to take in. Where’s the Dee-machine now?” we enjoy making up names for each other.
“She’s with me, pitched up her tent at my chateau.”
“HA! Tent!” I grin at myself, “I seeeeee. Well Elvira and I also have special guests but we should be able to convene tonight. Say, at Underworld in Camden?” I propose.
“It’s a deal. I’ll bring the girl, you bring the money.” Veronika promptly ends our connection.
I turn to Damien, “You don’t mind going out for a bit tonight do you? I honestly don’t understand why all the best people are showing up today,” I shake my head to myself.
“Sure thing,” he nods, “I’ll go speak to Dro about our stuff and his hotel,” he gets up.
“Are you going to stay here tonight?” I ask hopefully with a smile.
“We’ll see,” he pokes my nose with a returning smile and opens the bedroom door.
♠ ♠ ♠
I probably should mention that this Damien character is based on/ meant to be Damien Carrion from Dead Puppets. I don't think they've gotten any further than MySpace but I've not checked...since '05.
This is the first thing I've written in months and I'm hoping to keep it up and also hoping everyone enjoys it. :D