From 3rd Grade to 13

The End

So there you were, tangled up with the boy of your dreams, the kid you loved since 3rd grade. You couldn’t believe this had happened, not even in your wildest dreams. As his tongue brushed against your teeth, all you could do was smile and kiss back, frozen in time, for this one moment you knew what heaven felt like.

When you finally broke the kiss, both of your cheeks were red, blaring, fiery red. You both grinned at each other, you wondered if this meant the same thing to him, if he had dreamed of this moment like you had.

Brendon’s thoughts-

Ryan Ross, you were kissing fucking Ryan Ross, the kid you only pretended to like in 3rd grade because no one else did. Because you thought he needed a friend, someone to talk to and make him smile. The one kid you were kind of glad you left behind, sure you didn’t like the others much, but he, he annoyed the hell out of you in 3rd grade. With his constant talking and giggling and that whole following you around in 3rd grade, honestly? Who did that?

But something was different about him now, his giggling and talking was cute, and his smile, his smile lit up your face. Those straight, perfectly white teeth, with those brown eyes? Oh, man, it made you want to rip that boy to shreds, nicely of course.

Ryan-

That night you and Brendon fell asleep in each other arms, together on the couch. He fell asleep first and you second, listening to his heartbeat as you slowly closed your eyes. In your dream, you and Brendon were on a beach, his hands in yours, the sun was setting, and you could feel the warmth draping over your bodies. His hand moved to your cheek and touched it, you grinned, and he leant into kiss you. Than, you were woken up, by Mr. Sunset himself. He ruffled your hair with a small laugh, “Wake up you,” you heard him say, “I cant get up until you do.” You smiled and looked up at him yawning, “Maybe I don’t want you to get up, ever think about that?” “Well than, Ill just have to push you off,” He rolled over on his side and you landed on the floor with a ‘thud’. “Ow,” you rubbed the top of your head. “Aw, poor Ryan, want me to kiss it and make it all better?” He asked, pulling you up from the floor, you nodded with a pout and he brushed his lips against yours, “Now come on, I’m hungry, let’s go eat.” He hurried upstairs and you followed.

From that point on, you and Brendon Urie were inseparable. You literally did every thing together, by 11th grade you had come out to the whole school, the both of you, as a couple. Sure it wasn’t anything special or new to anyone, but it felt like something special to you, something freeing and that allowed you to be who you are. There was no more hiding, you and Brendon were just like any other high school couple, minus the whole week on week off thing, no, you were convinced you were going to marry this boy.

The night of your senior graduation, you planned something special. You brought Brendon to the football field, were you two sat on the top bleachers, the field was lit up and you had a picnic basket with you. You opened it up and pulled out 2 wine glasses and a bottle of wine, you pored some in his glass and yours and you drank to graduation, too getting through your high school years together, to a lot of things. When Brendon finished his glass, he looked at you, straight in the eye, “Ryan, I love you, really, I do, but we are both going to different colleges next year, I don’t think this is going to work.” You reached over and put your hand on top of his, he pulled away, “Don’t worry, it will be fine, we’ll make it work” he shook his head, “You don’t get it, Ryan, look, I like you, a lot, you know that, but I want to get out, I want to meet other people, and I just think it would be best, I’m sorry Ryan, but I’m breaking up with you.” He stood up and walked the other way.

You ran after him, “Brendon, please, don’t,”
He turned to look back at you, “Im sorry Ryan, we’re through.”

You felt a tear come from your eye; he had left you, again.