I Accidently Kidnapped the Joker. Crap.

II

The drive home was causing me major emotional and psychological damage. The blood on my blue scrubs was beginning to crust and turn brown while the smell became even more noticeable. Every few seconds I would look in the back seat to make sure he was still knocked out. “I guess I really hit him hard” I thought to myself while coming to a red light. My parents always told me I drove too fast along the streets but I always waved them off, saying nothing bad would happen. Guess you should listen to your elders, huh? I checked in the rear view mirror again and looked at the heap of man behind me. I guess if I had been someone else, like the child whose mother had been recently shot by the Joker, I would have dumped his body in the river once I saw he was alive but that’s not who I am and what I stand for. I’m a nurse; I do the opposite of just letting someone die without even trying to save them.

I looked up at the stop light and noticed the light had turned green. As I slowly started to accelerate a police car raced through the intersection, heading to my left. I slammed on the brake as my heart began to pound. They didn’t see me, did they? Why should I care, they don’t know what I did, right? Tightening my seatbelt I heard a deep grunt from behind me. You know when you hear something in your backyard but you just stay frozen and try to listen to see what it is? Well that’s what I was doing right now. Except I wasn’t in my house, I was in my car with a murderous sociopath! I sped off towards my home which was thankfully only a block away.

I parked along the sidewalk as I looked out my window to the right to see my apartment. My breath came out as a sigh of relief once I realized I made it home safely. I was safe. Oh wait, I just hit a killer clown who I kidnapped out of confusion and threw into the backseat of my beat up friggin’ car not even 10 minutes ago. Does that still qualify as being ‘safe’? The next thought that crossed me was how I going to get him into my apartment without someone seeing.

Thankfully I live with other nurses, doctors, and college students who would be out tonight at parties. Except for my neighbor he always stayed home on Fridays, and every other day of the week. He was a troubled man who, at age eight, used to be the smartest kid in his neighborhood but that was 20 years ago. Unfortunately, something tragic happened to him and he was left brain dead and family-less for the next seven years. That would make him 35, right? He was now classified as ‘mentally retarded’ but through all that’s happened to him, he is the sweetest guy I have ever met with the most optimism out of anyone.
The car began to move as I heard Joker stir in the back seat. I unclipped my seatbelt and turned to face him, making sure I unlocked my door first. He began to sit up, which was a good sign but instinctively I told him to stop.

“You may be badly hurt or have internal bleeding, please lay back down” I pleaded to him as he cracked his neck and sat up straighter. My panic began to rise as he reached for the handle and tried to open it. “Please lay bac-“

“Shut up!” he yelled at me. My mouth shut tightly as he looked at me with hatred in his eyes.

“How can he not be in pain?” I questioned myself.

“Open this damn door NOW” he said lowly. My arm must have hit the child-safety lock. I unlocked his door as I quickly opened mine and stumbled outside.

When I regained my balance he was already outside the car, stumbling around also. My feet absentmindedly began to walk towards him as he cracked his back. “Are you alright?” I asked with concern when I noticed his pained expression. He was silent for a moment but not as long as I wish he would have been once I heard his yells.

"I was just hit with a freakin’ piece of shit Corolla going at least 60 miles an hour! Do you think I’m alright?!” I stayed quiet and waited for him to shank me with a sharp blade or gun me down. “I feel pretty good actually” he said with a loud cackle. His laughter could easily be identified even if you couldn’t see who it was coming from.

"What was that?” I faintly heard someone ask from across the street. For some unknown reason I became angry at him that he had just attracted attention to us. A window was being opened from across the street as my panic set in again. Panic and adrenaline caused me to do something I never thought I would do. I grabbed my flashlight that was always on the floor next to my seat and I ran at the Joker. His eyes grew wide as I lifted the flashlight and hit him on the side of the head, thankfully knocking him out. He fell to the ground right as two people shouted down to me. “Are you alright?” they yelled at me in unison. Thank God there are no street lamps where I live or I would have been in serious trouble.

“Yeah, yeah I’m fine…not” I yelled back up to them but stayed exceptionally quiet on the last part. I smiled at them as they shut their window and closed the blinds. I looked down and threw my head back in defeat. There he was again, lying in the street with blood escaping out of his head.

Now what am I going to do?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm new here, obviously xD, so I'm still getting the hang of everything so sorry if anything looks weird. Comments would be nice but they aren't mandatory.