I Accidently Kidnapped the Joker. Crap.

VI

As much as I tried to wipe off the make-up, it didn't wash away. Only the black around his eyes washed off but there were still splotches of very darkened skin on his upper lids. And as for the redness of his permanent grin, you couldn't even tell if anything washed off; just the color of his actual lips changed to a more subtle shade of peach. So was the Joker just using this paint to fill in the blanks of his deformed and discolored pigmentation? But why use these colors when you can just cover everything else? Oh yeah, he's the Joker. Nothing makes sense with him.

The water was becoming colder and was turning a sickening shade of brown but I still wasn’t done washing the Joker. Blood still ran down his body no matter how much water was poured over his head. I emptied the tub and began to fill it up with fresh and hot water. As I waited, I looked more closely at his appearance.
I can’t really describe what he looked like but he was hot and that goes double for his body. He was thick but not fat. The Joker was muscular.

‘Must be from all the heavy money lifting’ I smirked to myself. I shut the water off and grabbed a new wash cloth that was hanging up nearby. The cloth immediately soaked up the water as I dropped it inside the tub. I softly and quickly washed around the cut on his side but just enough to get the blood off.

Once I was satisfied I put more soap on the cloth and scrubbed the wound. Not too hard but enough to clean it. The blood was finally off and I soon began washing the rest of the Joker’s body. A blush crept up from under my face when I really noticed what I was doing. I poured more water over his hair and began to gently wash the wound on his head with my fingers. Most of the blood was gone from there too and I just washed his hair with baby shampoo. (I babysit a neighbors little boy from time to time and I just always have a small bottle on hand.)

As I sat on the side of the tube to rinse his hair better I stopped. I was fixated on his face again. Not just his face but his scars in particular. I wasn’t shocked and I wasn’t scared. I wasn’t even disgusted. I was fascinated by them. A new question arose in my mind. “How can one human survive through so much pain and still keep a smile on his face?” I knew my question would never be answered. I was so intrigued by his scars that I didn’t even notice him open his eyes.

“Hello there handsome” He laughed in my ear. I screamed and tried to jump back but fell in the tub. Joker laughed in amusement as I sat there in shock. “I always thought these scenes in the movies were cliché but they seem rather enjoyable” he giggled. I got out of the tub and took the top of my scrubs off. I didn’t worry about it since I had an undershirt on but I should have seeing as how it was white. I looked over at the Joker and saw him raise an eyebrow.

I looked down and noticed my shirt was see through and my black bra was visible. He giggled again but stopped when I rung my shirt out on his head. I mumbled quietly to myself, hoping he didn’t hear me.

“What’d you say?” he asked irritated. My jaw clenched together and I answered him

“I said ‘jerk’ jerk.” The Joker grinned wildly after I said that. He looked creepy but not as bad as when he has his face made up. Actually now that I think of it, he looks worse without the make-up. He opened his mouth to say something but I cut him off. “How are you feeling?” I asked with concern. The Joker looked at me as if questioning my actions.

“Ya know doc, you never did apologize for hitting me with your bucket mobile” he cackled loudly while throwing his head back. I gasped in shock as he hit his head on the wall.”Ow” he licked his lips.

I grabbed a towel off the sink and asked “I uh, do you need help out?”

“Now do I look that pathetic to you miss?” the Joker asked in annoyance. I rolled my eyes and began to walk out of the bathroom. “Wait!” I heard “Can you help me?” I helped him out of the tub and gave him the towel. As we walked out the door I was slammed against the wall.

“Look at me!” he shouted. My mind told me not to look but my eyes automatically opened and when they did, I wish I had listened to my brain. “Why did you do this?” his voice commanded in rage.

“What do you mean?” I asked in fear.

“Why did you wash off my face!?” he yelled grabbing my throat.

“I only washed off your make-up, I’m sorry, I had to.” I said truthfully. His eyes glared into mine as I waited for him to smile but nothing came.

“This isn’t me! This is just false flesh that haunts my every thought. I didn’t want for it to happen but it did. That paint and these scars are the only reminder I have of who I really am, not this bleached, ugly organ of shame!” He shouted into my scared face. I was speechless and couldn’t even mutter another sorry. His eyes shifted over my face until he finally released my neck. “Hurry up and wash my clothes, I have places to be” he stated while walking out of the bathroom with his back turned.

My mind began racing at the thought of what he would do when he gets out of here. I couldn’t let him leave; he might come back and kill me. He could probably do that now but at least I would have some warning first. I sorted through many options in my head as I picked up the Joker’s clothes. There were some good thoughts but none seemed rational enough.

I walked towards the hallway and opened two doors that hid my washer and dryer and threw in his clothing along with my own. I reached for the soap and something caught my eye making me realize something. “I’ve got an idea” I smiled inside my head.
I put the washer on a quick wash and waited the entire time until they were dry. Somewhere in my mind I knew the Joker wouldn’t leave with only a towel and boxers on. What? He just wouldn’t risk the ‘self-respect.’ Wait… does he have self-respect? Well anyways. Before long almost an hour went by and I took out the barely dry clothing. My feet dragged along the carpet waiting to be resting in bed as I carried his load of laundry.

“Here are your clothes” I mumbled setting them on the cushion besides him.

“Aren’t you going to fold them up for me?” he questioned in a rude tone.

“No but I’ll tell you what you’re going to do” I said pulling back on the cold hammer. The Joker looked at me in shock as I did the same. “I can’t believe I’m doing this…” I whispered inside my head.

Here we go again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are always appreciated from you lovely people. I will now be updating everyday so look for that :D