Status: Finished

Harder Than You Know

Too much of you is never enough.

I squeezed my mom's hand tightly, wanting to just get it out of my already. Alex was on his way with Michaela, Zack, and Rian. Michaela had told my mother traffic was shitty on the phone. I wasn't sure how long I would be in labor, the baby wasn't even supposed to be coming now. This, this had me worried. I didn't want him/her to have problems. Especially like my asthma. Hopefully Alex's dominant trait would be taking over.

Alex and Michaela rushed in a few minutes later, practically falling over one another due to fighting on who got to come in first. I was so aggravated I told them both to shut the fuck up. That quietened them done all right. I threatened the nurse to give me more morphine or that when this baby came out of me I would strangle her with the umbilical cord. She gave me more.

"Stupid fucking cord." I mumbled, fumbling with the clear tube in my skin.

"Don't mess with it, sweetie." Alex said quietly. I think he was scared.

"You. You shut the fuck up. Your lucky if you ever get to have sex again with me after this." I was threatening everyone today. I had a great reason, though. Michaela laughed in her chair against the fall wall, and Alex shrunk back, defeated.

[--]

"I AM FUCKING PUSHING!" I screamed at the doctor. She winced, and I thought about kicking her; if a baby hadn't been coming out of me. A petite, redheaded nurse walked in, grimacing at my features.

"Could you guys please quiet it down, the other patients are getting scared." She said, her voice nasally.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" I bellowed, the doctor telling me to keep pushing. The bitch nurse scurried out like a dog with his tail between his legs. She had better be glad I couldn't reach the glass vase near the bedside. I pushed hard, and at one moment I thought I had pissed myself, until I heard a cry. Alex pushed my sweaty hair back from my forehead, kissing my head. I groaned, pushing my head down far into the pillow.

"It's a girl." The doctor said, smiling. Alex had the biggest grin on his face as the doctor handed me the baby. Alex was on my left side, Michaela and mom on my right. Everyone was smiling, happy.

[--]

Alex opened the door as me and our little girl, Audrey Mae Gaskarth, stepped over the threshold. We had decided to make her last name Gaskarth instead of Barakat. He closed it with one hand, the car seat in the other. We walked up to the nursery to put her to bed. I set the baby bag in the walking chair while Alex put the seat in the floor. I laid Audrey in the bed, covering her up with my old baby blanket. The door bell rang, and I cursed lowly.

Alex had answered it by the time I got downstairs. Michaela, Jack, Zack, and Rian were coming up the stairs.

"We have came to see the baby!" Rian cried, pointing his finger, as if pointing towards the heavens.

"Well, Zeus, Audrey happens to be sleeping right now." I said, patting his chest and walking past him. A chorus of 'awes' rang through the house as I preceded towards the kitchen. I rolled my eyes and opened the refrigerator. I scavenged through, finally finding the ingredients needed to make spaghetti. Everyone had gathered in the kitchen, wanting to know what I was preparing. I fixed the food, and had to serve everyone. Audrey was still out, she was a sleeping; like her grandfather. We ate, talking casually.

"So, were you serious about the next sex thing the other day?" Alex asked as we changed for bed. I laughed, and slid my pajama shorts on. I, luckily, didn't have stretch marks.

"Of course not." I fluffed my pillow. "Do you really think that I could live without it, silly." I laughed, getting underneath the comforter.

"No, I actually didn't." He said, turning the lights off, leaving the door open. Audrey's nursery door was left open as well, just in case she woke up. The baby monitor was on Alex's side of the bed, which I demanded. He crawled under the comforter, wrapping his lanky arms around my waist, pulling my back against his stomach. I turned in his arms, gently kissing his lips. I snuggled into his chest, inhaling his scent.

"Goodnight, love." Alex mummered into my ears.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gah, I'm already fucking nervous about giving birth and I have no plans on getting pregnant anytime soon. It's going to hurt like a bitccchhhh. fuck, they better have me higher than a kite.

Well, my rant is finished. I would like to think everyone that commented, you guys are the fucking best. No joke. Well, don't disappoint me. (: