Status: Finished

Harder Than You Know

Wasted Chance I was given.

I sat on the counter beside the cash register, making "Now Hiring" signs. They were.. colorful, to say at the least. I put the signs on the window at the front, making sure they looked good. I sighed, running a hand through my curly hair, and walking to the back of the store. I grabbed a few unloaded boxes, and took them to the front. I was searching through the Cd's, about to put them into the racks they belonged in, until I ran across an All Time Low CD. I shook my head, and fought back the tears that had threatened to fall.

"Holy fuck! Sophia, are you okay?" Max asked standing up from the ugly hospital chair bedside the bed. I looked around, seeing Monty and Robert asleep.
"I'm fine, what happened?" I asked, trying to recall everything.
"Well, you and Ronnie got into a huge fight, and he pushed you down a flight of stairs. An elderly couple fount you, and they insisted on staying with you, but I lied and said I was your brother so they left. Ronnie's in custody, something about murder and other charges already on him." My eyes grew huge, and a looked down at my stomach, which had absolutely no pudge at all. My eyes began rimming with tears, and a doctor walked in.

"Your awake. Good." She said, writing something on a clipboard. "and by the looks of it, your friend told you about your baby. I'm terribly sorry for your lose miss. But we need to run some more test and you should be out in a few hours." She threw me a sympathetic smile before walking out of the room. Tears rolled down my cheeks, and Max hugged me tightly.
"I'm so sorry junior. I'll do everything in my power to make sure his sorry as goes to jail for hurting my baby sister."

We all know I wasn't his real baby sister, but we were extremely close. He was like the brother I didn't have after I left Jack and the guys. He was there for me to talk to when I needed it, and listened. I didn't make any girl friends, besides Jasmine, but we were only co-workers. Max told me he was going to go talk to the doctor on letting me be released, but I cried myself to sleep before he returned.


Saying I was tired was an understatement, I was EXHAUSTED. I had interviewed people, and I lost count after ten. I was ready to give and and remove the sign, then bell above the door rang, and a girl walked in. She looked a bit nervous, and watched her feet when she walked.

"Can I help you?" I asked, moving boxes off the counter. She nodded her head, and approached the counter.

"I was wondering if I could maybe.. apply for a job?" She was shy, I could tell. She reminded me alot of myself, when I was just starting high school, but I was a few years her senior.

"Sure! Come sit!" I laughed, pulling her towards a chair. She smiled softly, and straightened out her clothes.

"Okay! I just want to ask you a few questions, if you don't mind." She shook her head 'no.'

"So name, age, and have you ever worked for a CD store before?"

"Names Sara Landers, I'm eighteen, and I worked for my brothers CD store for a few years."

"Alright, what's your favorite band?" I didn't want someone was loved Escape the Fate, since they could walk in at random times.

"I would have to say The Jonas Brothers." I nodded a bit, not too much of a fan of their's. Don't get me wrong, they were okay, but i prefer rock.

"What days do you prefer to work?"

"Any. I'm trying to get enough money to move out of my parents house and get my own apartment, so the most I could would be fantastic."

"Great! Do you think you can start tomorrow?" Her face beamed with a glow, and her head nodded fast.

"That would be amazing. Thank you so much." She left, watching her feet when she walked again, and I took the sign from the window. I glanced at the clock, and it showed it was seven o'clock. I locked the back room, register, and turned of the lights. I finally locked the front door, and got in my car. I was now extremely happy to get home to see Craig. Little did I know, it wasn't going to be a good night.
♠ ♠ ♠
i hope the title didn't make you think jack was there. D:
sorry if it was too misleading. :\

turningupthejonas
new character (:
she gave me some good descriptions, and i thought having a extremely shy girl would really change the story around, like she brought up.

a big thanks to everyone else who asked, it's great to know you like my story enough to be a character.

comments would be exhilarating, really (: