Status: Finished

Harder Than You Know

She'll Be Remembering Sunday

I was going to kill him. Absolutely slaughter his ass. He brought me to this extremely elegant restaurant, hell, I couldn't even pronounce the damn name. I argued with him all the way into the building, but quited when we were in. I hadn't noticed, but there wasn't anyone in here. No cars in the parking lot.

That ass.

"You didn't." I whispered, shocked.
"I did." He laughed. I slapped his chest.
"This had to cost so much money, Alex!" I whined.
"It's fine. Now come, love, we have this whole place to ourselves, let's make the best of it, yeah?" He dragged me into the sitting room, where a proper looking gentlemen stood behind a podium, smiling at our entrance.

"Welcome, welcome Mr. Gaskarth." He welcomed politely, nodding his head gracefully at me. I generated the best smile I could muster up at the time, I was still directing my loathing at Alex. The waiter took us to a table where a single candle burned delicately.

"I still can't believe you." I was whispering again.

"Yes, love, you told me. Now come on, your going to love dinner." I followed him robotically, not knowing what to expect. I looked at the menu; it was nothing I could pronounce.

"Alex, just order me something, I can't pronounce any of this."

"I figured that, so I went ahead and got you something. It had the word snails in it, though." I gawked at him, then glared. "I'm kidding." He said defensively, holding up his hands.

"You better be, cause I know where you sleep. And if they put snails in front of me, you would be having to keep one eye open and a hand over your jewels." I threatened, smiling sweetly.

"Mm, Your threats don't bother me, love." He laughed. Before I could reply, they brought our food. It looked delicious, actually. I would think Alex after wards. We chatted every now and then, but mainly ate our food. After we finished, we left, hand in hand.

"Now come on, we have one more place to go." He said ushering me back to the car. We drove for twenty minutes, but I wasn't paying any attention. My face was pressed against the cold, translucent window. Rain was now starting to drizzle on the windshield and windows, making random shapes.

"We're hear. You fine with being in the rain?" He asked, worried now.

"Yeah dude. Let's go!" I laughed, opening the door and slamming it with a little too much force than necessary, then looking around at my surroundings. We were a park with a huge pond that had a fountain in the middle. I spun around in the rain, my arms wide open. Alex wrapped his arms around me and spun us both around. I laughed as he dropped me, took my heels off and ran down a wooden dock. Amazingly, I didn't get any splinters. Alex followed me at a slower place, not as excited about the rain as I was.

We sat with our legs dangling over the edge; the tip of my toes touching the top of the water. I had my head rested on his shoulder as we sat talking about my time in Las Vegas for Sara's wedding. Suddenly, his face was serious, and he wasn't laughing anymore.

"Addison, can I ask you something?" He asked, his tone low.

"Sure, sure. Anything you want."

"Do you picture yourself with me for the rest of your life?" I looked at him like he was mental.

"Of course I do, silly. I love you more than you probably comprehend, and we have a beautiful three year old daughter that is infatuated with you." I told him.

"That's what I needed to hear. Addison, will you marry me?" He pulled out a box from his pocket that was slightly wet, and opened the box slowly. I gasped and looking him in the eyes. He was starring back at me, waiting for a reply.

"Alex, I--" I bit my bottom lip hard. "Yes, I would love to." He smiled that beautiful smile of his, and hugged my body tight to his.

"Come on, let's get home. It's so cold." We walked back hand in hand to the car, leaving the park silently. I fell asleep on the drive back home and Alex managed to carry me in. He woke me up so I could change without him having to awkward strip my body and try to put on random pajamas. I changed, crawled into bed, and was out before Alex was finished doing.. well whatever he was doing.
♠ ♠ ♠
how many of you saw that coming? ;]

turn up the jonas, alyfer022096, JalexBarakarth, mcrluver-92, Sophaloaf, collidingpatterns, YourBlackoutMemory, jul!zzl3, bloodiprincess, PinkSkinnyJeans72, laura lou who, littlesanti23
these people are amazing. thanks for commenting :]
mibba, you fail. start letting people know when stories are activated son.

Question of the Day:
Q: Do you hate it when people pick on Twilight Fans?
A: Yes. I absolutely loathe it. Since I am a big Twi-hard fan as is, it's annoying to see fucking douches bitch at them about liking it. It's their choice, lay off:]