Status: Finished

Harder Than You Know

Come back to me, it's almost easy.

Alex's Point of View

Since when was traffic this bad on the interstate? I hadn't seen it like this since 2001. I could see the traffic lights from here, but they were on green. Why the fuck aren't these people going?! I huffed loudly, turning the radio station. A man with a rough, groggy voice was talking about a wreck that had happened on the interstate. Oh, NOW it makes sense. An ambulance flew past me in the open emergency lane and started weaving through cars.

The cars started moving forward, slowly but surely. Music was playing from the radio now, the new Kelly Clarkson song. My life would suck without you, or something like that. My phone buzzed from my pocket, Michaela's name flashing across it again.

"When are you getting here!" She shrieked into the phone. I could picture it now; hands on her hips, marching around the kitchen looking for a knife for when I arrived.

"Chill the fuck out, sheesh. There was a wreck on the interstate and traffics if shitty. The cars are moving, finally, and I'm almost at the intersection." I informed her.

"Yeah, I heard about that on the TV. They said someone was injured pretty badly, but they weren't positive who it was. A car ran a red light and t-boned another pulling into the intersection." She explained. I heard a few things clanking in the background, and shook the vital imagine out of my head of the knifes.

"I'll be there as soon as I can, Michaela. You're just going to have to wait." I pushed the end button and handed my phone to Jack.

"What did she want?" He asked. Of course, whole husband-wants-to-know-everything-about-his-wife's-moves.

"To see where I was. She doesn't know your coming, but she probably will guess it since Addison's your sister." We were stopped by a cop who was letting other people go right at the red light. I looked at the crash; it didn't seem too bad. I looked at the cars. The black BMW looked vaguely familiar.

"Hey Alex?" Jack asked, his voice wavering.

"Yeah.."

"Is that..." I didn't let him finished. I grabbed my car keys from the ignition and opened my car door, racing to the car scene. A cop tried holding me until I told him that black car was my fiancees. I passed a drunken looking guy on a stretcher that was getting loading into a waiting ambulance. I rushed past is, searching for her. I saw her then; sitting on the back of an ambulance, pushing away the rag an EMT had, trying to clean her wounds.

"ADDISON!" I bellowed, trying to get her attention. Her head whipped in my direction, and I saw her quivering body sigh in relief. I ran to the ambulance, taking her in my arms once I had reached her.

"What happened?" I asked her, pulling her now calm body away to look into her eyes.

"I'm not sure, I was just listening to my music and pulling out into the intersection when this fucking car comes spending past the red light and hit me. I'm not sure how it didn't hurt me, I feel fine." She sniped, aiming the last part the the EMT that was still bothering her. The woman huffed, throwing the cloth into the back of the ambulance and stalking off. "Bitch." Addison said, rolling her eyes. I shook my head at her annoyed expression as she ran her hands through her sweaty hair. It was at least 90 degrees, and being in the black asphalt wasn't lovely.

"Guess my car is fucking gone." She sighed.

"It didn't look like it couldn't be fixed, it just really needs a new door. Thank God the bastard hit the passenger side though. How bad is he hurt, anyways?"

"It looked pretty bad. He forehead had a gash. The EMT that was helping him side he might have crack his skull, broken his left arm and shatter his forearm on the right."

"Good, that ass wipe deserves it." I kissed her forehead as the EMT from another ambulance came over, saying that she needed to go the the hospital for x-rays. I managed to convince her to go; she looked like she was going to bite my head off, though.
♠ ♠ ♠
Titled Credit: Almost Easy by Avenged Seven fucking fold :]

I was in a bad mood yesterday when I update, go figure. So uh, yeah. You guys can't kill me. Because if you do, you won't get to know how this ends. Hell, I don't even know. I haven't written it yet. XD

Question of the Day:

Q: Who's you favorite Twilight Character (if you like the book/movie) and why?

A: Jasper Hale. Because even though he did try to kill Bella and is a little over-protective in the last one, he's still amazing. I just love his attitude in the movie (and looks) and in the books he's just awesome when it comes to calming down rough situations and giving Bella advice.

Image
sleep on that, wherever you may be:]