Status: Finished

Harder Than You Know

Steadily emerging with grace

My mother fidgeted with my hair more as I sat in the dressing room of the church. I was ready to snap her hand in half. She wouldn't stop touching my hair to save the world, even though I thought it looked fine. But no. She was playing 'Let's piss off the bride on her wedding day and see how long it takes for her to freak.' I stood up, pulling the Velcro curlers from my hair and letting them fall to the ground.

"Mom. This is my wedding," I imformed her while I looked in the mirror at my curls, "if I want my hair like this, this is how it's going to be, okay?" She sighed and nodded her head, leaving the room to probably change. I shook my head and looked down at Audrey, who was placing block letters into a board.

Michaela, Kathryn, and Kara walked in. The dresses looked great on them, I was happy I picked blue as a second theme color. Michaela handed my banquet as she wiped a smudge of eyeliner that must have smeared on my face.

"You look beautiful, Addison. Your mom is just being a grouch. Don't mind her. Today's Alex and yours day, not hers. Now, smile." I laughed at her, and smiled. "The wedding starts in ten minutes. I except you to be in your happiest mood like you deserve, okay?"

I couldn't help but smile. "Okay." I sat by myself for five minutes until Audrey came in, her basket of rose petals clasped in her hands.

"Mommy, are you nervous?" She asked me as I put her in my lap.

"Just a little sweetie, but it's going to be fine. You look so pretty baby." I laughed as I twisted one of her curls around my finger.

"You look pwetty too, mommy." I kissed her cheek. She giggled, swatting me away when my dad, Michaela, Kathryn, and Kara walked in. They were walking in the order of Kara, Kathryn, and Michaela, since she was the maid of honor. Alex had made it so that Kara was walking with Rian, Zack with Kathryn, and Jack with Michaela.

Everyone lined up and my dad took my arm. He looked as if he was about to cry, but I knew he wouldn't.

"I can't believe you're finally getting married. As long as Alex makes you happy everything's okay." He smiled gently.

"Alex makes me beyond happy, dad." The music started, and before I could even take into account what was happening, I was at the alter. Alex looked absolutely gorgeous, no surprise there though.

"You look amazing." He mouthed to me, smiling. The pastor started talking, but I didn't quite register what he was saying. Michaela bumped me on the shoulder lightly when it was time for me to say 'i do.' I had completely zoned out. I said "I do" nonchalantly, and Alex repeated after me. We kissed, I almost wanted the audience to disappear.

[--]

I was glad we had planned the reception for night time. The scenery was brilliantly planned out, and the moon casted a glow perfectly on the tent. I was twirling around with Jack when Alex broke in.

"You having fun?" He asked as I laid my head on his shoulder. I had changed, the wedding dress was hardly the attire to dance in.

"Are you having fun?" I asked back as his arms wrapped around my waist.
"Yeah, it's been pretty fun, love." He laughed, his back vibrating. "We'll be leaving soon, the plane leaves at nine. And Michaela's watching Audrey, right?" I nodded my head, knowing he would feel it against his skin. "Okay, well, we need to get back to the house and get our luggage. It's going to take a while to say bye to everyone, too.

I must have fallen asleep, for the last thing I remember as Alex muttering something about stupid heels and picking me up from a chair.
♠ ♠ ♠
finally, the wedding. :]
i'm not sure how many chapters are going to be till the end, but i'll let you know.

thanks for commenting.