Status: Finished

Harder Than You Know

I watched his wildest dreams come true,

I sang along with Katy Perry as "Thinking of You" played from the radios speakers. I dried the counter I had just cleaned and moved to the next. Alex had taken Audrey to get new pants. She was growing tall, just like her father, and was in need for more. I danced around, squirting cleaner onto the granite surface. I was now humming along with a sing I wasn't familiar with, but did have a catchy tune.

'That was 'Something' by Escape the Fate. You know, they sound pretty fucking great with their new singer, Craig Mabbit, who once was the leader singer for blessthefall. I'm sure they'll be getting more popular. Now this next song was requested for a Yolanda by her husband.'

The radio talk show host started playing the song, which was by Metro Station. I rolled my eyes at the hosts enthusiasm about them. The only one I talked to on a regular basis was Max. I finished cleaning, and went to take a nap on the living room couch.

"No, sweetie, don't wake up mommy." Alex whispered to Audrey, who was dancing around with a build-a-bear. I laughed, shaking my head.

"I'm already awake, babe. And did you get a new stuffed animal?" I asked my daughter, picking her up and putting her into my lap. She grinned like a maniac, and shoved the horse into my face.

"It's a horse and her name is Isabella! She's a ballerina, too!" She giggled then hopped down and ran off towards her room. I laughed, rolling my eyes and standing up to hug Alex.

"How did it go?" I asked him curiously.

"It went fine. Took her forever just to find pants she wanted. I don't understand why it's so difficult to try on pants and just get them." He complained, stripping of his shirt and throwing it on the couch. I rolled my eyes, again, and picked the shirt up.

"It's a girl thing, dear. Along with keeping the house clean. Now, be a doll and take to the clothes basket downstairs." I instructed him, kissing him on the lips and then turning to walk away. He suddenly pulled me back, crashing his lips hard on mine. I smiled in the kiss, but tugged away. "Now." I commanded, and skipped into the kitchen, proud of myself. I heard him huff and mutter about over-teasing, but went downstairs nevertheless.

I changed into my pajamas slowly; I was so tired from cleaning the house all day. I dragged myself to the bed, and flung myself on it once I had made it. I didn't bother getting under the covers yet, I would wait till Alex came to bed. I was beginning to doze off when Alex came rushing into the room.

"Is Audrey in here?" He said in a rushed voice as I set up.

"No, why would she be in here? It's nearly nine thirty." I said, glancing at the alarm clock. She was normally in bed by seven, seven thirty.

"I went upstairs to make sure she was asleep and not playing with that new horse and she wasn't there. I've checked the whole house, upstairs and down. She's not in here, Addison." He hardly managed to get the words out of his mouth. I gasp, and pushed myself completely up from the bed.

"Go check outside!" I demanded, pushing past him to go check my daughters room for the feeling of security. As Alex had said, it was empty. I scurried over to her bed, picking up the clumsy horse she had made. I doubt she would've left without taking this. Alex reappeared, his hand over his chest from loss of breath. He needed to get into better shape. Not that I didn't mind how it was already.

"She's not out there, Addison. Where can she be?" He asked breathless.

"I have no fucking clue. She better not be hiding or I swear she's grounded till she's twenty." I cursed, stomping my foot like a child would.

"Well, let's call the guys, and Michaela, and we'll get everyone to look around." He said calmly, even though I knew him better than that. On the inside, he was probably breaking down. A tear slid down my cheek as everything from the past few days came rushing back.

"What if it's Jessica? She said she knew some people that know me. What if its Ronnie, or Craig?! Audrey said she saw a 'monster' at the window. What if they got her Alex!" I broke down, crumbling onto the floor. Alex was at my side in an instance, taking me into his embrace.

"There is a possibility, I'm not going to lie to you. But we need to look at the positive sides, not the negatives. Don't cry, sweetie. Please don't cry." I clutched onto his shirt tightly as my tears soaked his shirt. He picked me up swiftly and laid me down in Audrey's bed.

"Stay here, love. I'm going to call everyone, they'll come over." He said. After kissing me lovingly, he left the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
don't kill me?