Status: Finished

Harder Than You Know

I could take you away from here.

I hurled myself off the bed and onto the nearly ran down the stairs once the door opened. Rian and Zack were sitting on the couch while Michaela and Jack came through the doorway. Zack was the first to come hug me, not paying any attention to my hardly-there attire. Next was Michaela, who was nearly shedding tears.

"Where has she gone Addison? She coul- couldn't be to- too far, ri-iight?" She sobbed. I held onto her tightly as Alex talked to the guys about going out and looking tomorrow. We couldn't go to the police until it was 24 hours, which would be another day. I managed asleep around two, sitting in Alex's lap, as he whispered to the guys softly and bounced his leg nervously.

I changed, ready to go around the town and search for my child. We were splitting up into twos. One group was composed of Michaela, Zack, and myself while the other was Alex, Rian, and Jack. Michaela drove while Zack was in the passenger seat. I was in the back, looking around the streets as we drove. Alex and his group were hanging up signs with Audrey's picture on it.

Zack was humming a song by Mayday Parade. Michaela was forcing her eyelids to stay open, while I attempted the same. Zack offered to drive, but her stubbornness wouldn't pass, and she drove for another twenty minutes before she allowed him to drive us back. We were far from home now, and there wasn't any sign of my child.

I fell asleep on the way back. I realized Alex picking me up and carrying my tired body to the door, but I didn't move voluntarily. I didn't want to wake up until my daughter was back, safe, and smiling in my arms. He laid my motionless body down on the comfortable bed and removed my shoes, belt, jeans, and hoodie for me so I was left in my half-sleeved shirt, blue boy shorts, and blue bra.

He left the room, and I heard the shower running. A few minutes later, he returned and changed into boxers. He climbed into bed beside me, positioning himself so he was comfortable. Audrey kept running through my mind, though, and I couldn't get her out. I felt a tear roll down my cheek as Alex rolled over.

"Don't cry baby. We're going to find her." He murmured, kissing away the tear. I nodded my head. It would be a cold day in hell before I gave up.

"Yes, officer, I'm certain it's been twenty four hours." I growled. I think he was purposely trying to piss me off. Alex laughed nervously, and scooted his chair forward.

"Look, I went in her room to check on her two nights ago, and she wasn't there. I know you guys have the whole 'twenty four hour' deal, so we waited. Yesterday, we went to search, but we were obviously unsuccessful. Please, we're just asking for some cooperation to help find our kid." Alex told the officer calmly. He nodded his head, grabbed the note that stalker chick had wrote, and went into the sheriffs office.

Alex sighed, running his hands up his face. "I swear, love, you are a lot to handle."

"Well, my child is missing. Anyone who pisses me off isn't getting it lightly." A few moments later, the sheriff come into view.

"We're going to do everything we can, 'mam, to find your daughter. Amber alerts are going to be broad casted on local television stations and radio shows. All we need you to do is go home and let us do our job." I stood up, thanked them with the ounce of kindness remaining, and left the station. Alex jogged after me, and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"She's going to come home. Don't lose hope, Addison." He breathed into my ear as I rested my head on his shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
Precede to next chapter:]

fight, fight, fight!