Status: Finished

Harder Than You Know

The only thing I ask of you.

'Dear God, the only thing I ask of you
is to hold her when I'm not around,
when I'm much too far away.'


I sang along with my phone as Michaela bounced her leg up and down on the couch. Alex had gone to Jacks, and their excuse was that they were working on songs for the new record. Which, I knew was a lie. They were probably searching for Audrey, but didn't want to tell me since I could upset me,Which is would've.

"I'm sick of sitting around here, Addison. The police have set up alerts, and are searching. Let's get out, we may even see any signs of suspicious...ness. Now, go upstairs and change. We're are going to the shopping strip." She demanded. I sighed, knowing there was no way out of it. I escaped to go to the bedroom and change. When I came back down, Michaela was informing Jack that we were heading out.

"Let's go." We sat in her car, allowing rock music to pour from her speakers. For two girls married to punk-pop guys in a boy band, you wouldn't guess we were into the hardcore music. I let it seep into my system, allowing the worries to wash away for a few minutes. Jacoby's voice made me smile internally, the music just taking over.

"My feet hurt!" I complained, stopping to sit on a bench and let the pain subside.

"Well you shouldn't had worn boots!" Michaela told me, as if I didn't already know. I took a sip of my water and looked around at the people walking. We hadn't bought anything yet, besides food. We had only done window shopping at the stores we didn't like before going to Hot Topic, Spencer's, and Wet Seal. I glanced around, and something caught my attention. It was a little girl, struggling to let go from holding a ginger's hand. I squinted my eyes, observing the girl. Audrey. That was my kid. I dropped my bottle, letting it splatter on the concrete.

"What the-" Michaela started, looking at me. She followed my gaze, then stuttered 'fuck.'

Then I took off.

I was weaving through people left and right, just hoping the bitch with my kid wouldn't hear me coming. I was approaching faster as I pushed my running more quickly. It seemed like hours, but I finally caught up. Before I could even comprehend my next move, I was on the ginger. We both landed on the ground. She cried out in pain was my weight crushed her back. Audrey's hand broke free, and then she gazed at me.

"Mommy!" She cheered, before being swooped up by Michaela quickly.

"What the fuck, you bitch! Get off of me!" Jessica, I'm supposing, demanded, and socked my in the face. That was all it took. I slapped her hard across the face, leaving whelps from the spaces my fingers didn't get. I straddled her, and began beating the shit of out her. Growing up with Jack, you learned how to fight back with the pranks he pulled.

I pulled her head up by her hair, wrapping it in my fingers. I repeatedly hit her face, bruising it badly already. I was pulled off of her, jerking some of her extensions with me. She yelped, clutching onto the spot which would be bald.

"Let me go!" I screeched, wanting to fuck her up even more.

"Miss! We need you to calm down! The other officer will be getting her!" He instructed me, setting me down on my feet. I'm guessing Michaela had explained what was going on to them. Jessica glared at me with her swollen eyes and horridly busted lip.

"You're going to regret this! Just wait!" She screamed, getting pulled rougher by the cop. I snorted, and pulled my arm free. My daughter ran to me, letting me pick her up and swing her body around. She giggled, hugging me tightly.

"Oh mommy! I was so scared they were going to hurt me!" She told me sadly. I smiled weakly; I had the same feeling, too.

"You're okay now, sweetheart. Let's go home with Aunt Michaela to see daddy."

Audrey nearly tackled Alex when he walked in the door after the police had just left. They had came over to file a report and all the fun junk. Jack, Zack, Rian, Kara, and both of Alex's and my parents filed in. Everyone was hugging, and I swear Jack shed a tear. Michaela and I cooked a huge dinner, in celebration of having my kid back.

That night, Audrey slept in the bed between Alex and me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credits: Dear God by Avenged Sevenfold <3

THIS IS NOT OVER. (Just so you know. :])

So, I put up two updates since I failed to do so last night. Plus, the last one was a horrible filler, so I figured, ah, what the heck, I'll update twice.

I'm on Spring Break(even though it's cold.) so I'll probably be updating more frequently. I really need to catch up on my writing, too. I'm reading two books, one for fun and one for English. Ah, get to read Mark Twain boast about himself, fun.

I hope you like this. I orginally had it planned so that Jessica won the fight, and dragged Addison away somewhere and beat her up. But, they (Audrey and Addison) would have ended up escaping, then it would end and I would write an epilogue. Change of plans. Something else is going to happen before this is over. So, you doona want to kill me:]