Status: Finished

Harder Than You Know

It feels like forever,

I ran my hands through my greasy hair as I glanced in the mirror. We were going to pick up Audrey in a few hours, but I really needed to shower first. I hadn't slept much last night after the rock had been thrown in the window. Alex had fallen asleep a few minutes after. I couldn't understand why he wasn't so worried. I couldn't get the thought to having some creeper come and take me leave my brain.

I stood in the kitchen after I had taken a shower. Rian burst through the door, with Kara tailing behind him shaking her head.

"I'm home!" He bellowed, skipping around.

"Shut the fuck up!" I heard Alex yell from upstairs.

"Well get up!" He yelled back while plopping down on one of the stools behind the island in the center. Alex came down the stairs, mumbling about dumb asses. He came into the kitchen, running his fingers through his bed hair. My body shook with soft laughter as I looked over his figure. He looked like he hadn't gotten much sleep last night. He walked over to me, hugging me from behind.

"Good morning." He mumbled lazily.

"Morning." I replied.

"Feeeedddd meeee." He begged, opening his mouth for bacon. I laughed at him and put a piece in his mouth. He smiled, and went to sit in front of Rian at the island.

"Not to sound rude or anything, but what are you guys doing here this early?" I asked, putting the finished food in the center of the three. Rian and Alex attacked it which made Kara roll her eyes. I had been around a lot longer than her, so I knew what they were like. Especially when Jack would have all three of the other band mates stay the night in our younger days.

"Well, Rian was complaining about being bored. Yeah, I know, it's only nine o'clock, but he wanted to come bug you guys, so I decided to tag along and make sure he wasn't too much of a pain." Kara explained as Rian shoved a strip of bacon into his mouth.

"Understandable, I suppose. I'm just about to go pick up Audrey. Alex, you staying here?" He nodded his head, then let out a yawn. It was my turn to roll my eyes now, just playfully. I kissed him, said good-bye to Kara and Rian, ran upstairs to change and grab my car keys, and left.

I knocked on my mothers door, but got no answer in response. I knocked again, and got the same reaction. Her car was in the drive way, but my dad's wasn't. Curious. I pushed open the door, and all I received was silence. Checking the living room and kitchen was a failure, too. I rushed up the stairs, panic starting to fill me. Mom would've called me if they were leaving to go somewhere.

I heard muffled moans coming from the guest room. I slowly opened the door, just in case mom and dad were doing.. junk. Just cause his car isn't here doesn't mean that he wasn't. Could be in the shop, or even in the back garage. I opened the door all the way after seeing the bed empty. There sat my mom and child, sitting in chairs back to back. Tied up with thick rope. With socks in their mouths. Audrey had tears following down her checks while my mom had fear shown in her eyes.

I stepped into the room, swallowing a lump in my throat.

"Mom, what's going on?" She started shaking her head furiously, tears now coming from her eyes. She managed to spit the sock from her mouth, then screamed look out. I turned to my right, to suddenly have the breath knocked out of me, and blackness taking over my sight.
♠ ♠ ♠
XD pleaseee don't hurt me?

Question of the day:
Q: Did you get your copy of Twilight?

A: Yes:] Went to BAM! and got it, man. I knew Hot Topic would be way too packed, and I didn't want to wait for 32574365 hours waiting. Yikes.